Author Topic: ONE HD Footy Show - One Week At A Time  (Read 14250 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: HD 1 Footy Show - One Week At A Time
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 08:02:59 PM »
LOL yep mat that and the Saints games cost us a finals spot last year  :scream.

I think there is a fair bit in what you say MT.  We do seem to play with stage fright against certain (mostly the better) clubs and it has been that way for a number of years (the same clubs) suggesting that we do have mental blocks playing them.  Geelong, Sydney, Nth Melbourne and St Kilda all spring to mind.
We'll find out by round 6 if anything has changed in regard to North and the Swans. After losing our first two games we can't afford the same old stagefright and being so easily outmuscled  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 09:48:25 PM »
Did anyone watch OWAAT tonight?

I only caught a glimpse of what Walls was saying about us but did he have a cross against Cotch's name in that list of 12 Tigers missing from the side  ???. I think he had crosses for Cogs and Cousins I think too. He had just two ticks but they took the graphic down before I got a decent look. Can anyone fill in what was said?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 09:58:16 PM »

I only caught a glimpse of what Walls was saying about us but did he have a cross against Cotch's name in that list of 12 Tigers missing from the side  ???. I think he had crosses for Cogs and Cousins I think too. He had just two ticks but they took the graphic down before I got a decent look. Can anyone fill in what was said?

It was probably a flow on from what they were talking about on 3AW yesterday. In that they listed senior players who are currently not playing for Richmond and if they were playing would they make any difference. Yesterday Walls said only Cotch, Thursfield and perhaps Cogs would. tony Shaw said only Cotch and Thursfield would and the jury was out on Edwards- he then went onto say that he has been saying for 3 years he doesn't rate our list and now everyone else was agreeing with him
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 10:18:25 PM »

It was probably a flow on from what they were talking about on 3AW yesterday. In that they listed senior players who are currently not playing for Richmond and if they were playing would they make any difference. Yesterday Walls said only Cotch, Thursfield and perhaps Cogs would. tony Shaw said only Cotch and Thursfield would and the jury was out on Edwards- he then went onto say that he has been saying for 3 years he doesn't rate our list and now everyone else was agreeing with him

tony shaw has the same brain matter as one particular person on here. :lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 10:21:51 PM »
tony shaw has the same brain matter as one particular person on here. :lol

Sadly tony is basking in his self appointed glory at the minute

Geez if that isn't enough to inspire the blokes on the field to stick it right up the little twirp I dont' what more can be done ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 10:51:21 PM »
Too bad Shaw didn't have this foresight when he was coach and while being Spud's mentor ::).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 06:17:26 PM »
Richo's turn again tonight on the show with Quartermain and Walls.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 09:47:06 PM »
Good on them starting the show with Cogs and the boys singing of the song :clapping. They showed it twice. Great stuff  :thumbsup

Richo is very comfortable on tellie now. Well spoken and freely offers his opinion. A big change to his early days on the footy show where he'd hardly say boo.

One thing Richo did say was we've stripped the gameplan right back to the basics. Whitey mentioned something similar on the radio earlier tonight. Why didn't we start the season with this simpler style of play as it suits us and it's what we used successfully in the second half of last year  :-\.

Btw Quarters thinks we will still make the Eight as we're only a game out and we still have Cotch, Cuz, Raines to come back. Walls looked at him like his was an idiot. Said we need them plus Simmo and Browny to rediscover their best footy. Richo smartly stayed out of it.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 12:04:50 AM »
why can't we make the finals?

seriously! it is like Richmond's 09 is over!

its not, five more losses and its over!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: ONE HD Footy Show - One Week At A Time
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 06:02:04 PM »
A reminder Richo is on tonight's show at 7.30pm.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 08:46:49 PM »
Summary of tonight's show

* They showed 3 incidents in the last 5 minutes that cost us the game: Twice Port forwards left on their own goal side of the pack as the ball came in and was contested and then Morton running around the man on the mark and kicking it out on the full.

* Richo said Crawf is in the media now and is entitled to his opinion. He was disappointed Crawf didn't provide examples and some substance to his view. Richo defended Sugar and Cuz specifically as team players. Sugar's been injured and was voted captain by the players while Ben was obviously a team player at the Eagles. Richo said you could similarly defend all the 30+ year olds.

* His recovery is going as planned so he won't be going to Germany. We'll look again at how he's going in a couple of weeks. They cut right along the groove under his bum so he still needs a cushion to sit down and he stood during the ad breaks.

* They got onto Josh Fraser (who was the guest) and Grant Thomas' 'dogging' comment. Richo said every player sometime during their footy career hasn't gone as hard as they could. Sometimes you think that must look really bad but when you see it on TV it doesn't look as bad. They showed Polo running off his line and allowing Surgan to take that mark running back with the flight for which Deano got dragged by Terry. Richo defended Polo saying Dean would know he did wrong and he's actually known for being a tough player.

* When Walls was coach Richo would stare out of the window to look at the Nylex clock and then cop a spray for not paying attention.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 09:04:15 PM »
Not too much about us tonight....

* Walls said Newman was very good and lead from the front in that first half. Richo and everyone at Richmond respects him so Walls said he would go again with Newman.

* They played a grab from Luke Darcy after the game saying all 6 oldies should go. They compared it to Blight walking into Adelaide and clearing out their old club favourites.

* Lloyd brought up our goal celebrations (Morton, Petts, Polo). Walls said although Petts celebrates kicking a goal whether we are 10 goals up or down he said it was noticable it was manufactured to get the crowd going. Emotion only takes you so far. Lloyd added that they thought they had us even when we were in front by 3 goals. You could sense the momentum change. Richmond had 14-1 clearances in the first half. Essendon's midfield coach ripped into the Bombers at half-time and they turned it around.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 09:21:34 PM »

..he said it was noticable it was manufactured to get the crowd going.

Bloody mind readers - I love 'em.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 09:26:56 PM »

Emotion only takes you so far. .......

Essendon's midfield coach ripped into the Bombers at half-time and they turned it around.

Obviously emotion worked that time ?

Ox

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 09:31:19 PM »
Lloyd added that they thought they had us even when we were in front by 3 goals. You could sense the momentum change

what a dumb idiot.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 07:29:33 PM by one-eyed »