Author Topic: ONE HD Footy Show - One Week At A Time  (Read 14068 times)

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
ONE HD Footy Show - One Week At A Time
« on: March 30, 2009, 06:04:45 PM »
Just a reminder that One Week at a Time is on HD 1 7:30 tonight.
I wonder if Richo is on tonight ?
Considering Judd is a special guest.

If he is, i sincerely hope it's not considered all smiles and giggles between Matthew and Chris.
If it is, he would basically be making a mockery of the pain that Thursday night dealt so many of us passionate supporters.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
One Week at a Time

7.30pm – 8.30pm One HD
Monday 30 March 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlton's Chris Judd is special guest on the first episode of ONE's exclusive new weekly AFL show. Hosted by Stephen Quartermain with regular panelist Robert Walls as well as AFL stars Matthew Lloyd, Matthew Richardson and Tom Harley on a rotational panel.

Genre: Sport/AFL
Language: English
Rating: G 
Other: High Definition

Duration: 60 mins

http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/index.cfm?action=session_info&event_id=26580866&region_id=94&sid=&loc=grid
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 06:01:18 PM by one-eyed »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: HD 1 Footy Show - One Week At A Time
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 07:23:08 PM »
Cheers for the reminder HMH.

I think Harley is on the panel tonight but I'm not 100% sure. With Walls and Judd it sounds like it's going to be a Carlton love-fest  :-X.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 07:42:56 PM »
yeah Harley is on this week

Ch10 news was advertsing it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 10:13:23 PM »
Richo is on next week's show. He'll be looking forward to that after this week and playing Geelong  :help.

Not a bad show first up. Walls mentioned when he was coaching Richmond at the 'Gabba, Geisch, who was his assistant coach at the time as we know, tripped on the way to the coaches box just before the game started and the magnetic board and all the magnets went everywhere. So they had to coach the game not knowing who was on who while Geisch was picking all the magnets up. Well that explains everything  :lol.

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 11:28:18 PM »
Richo is on next week's show. He'll be looking forward to that after this week and playing Geelong  :help.

Not a bad show first up. Walls mentioned when he was coaching Richmond at the 'Gabba, Geisch, who was his assistant coach at the time as we know, tripped on the way to the coaches box just before the game started and the magnetic board and all the magnets went everywhere. So they had to coach the game not knowing who was on who while Geisch was picking all the magnets up. Well that explains everything  :lol.

regular occurance i would say.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 09:57:43 AM »
Geisch, who was his assistant coach at the time as we know, tripped on the way to the coaches box just before the game started and the magnetic board and all the magnets went everywhere. So they had to coach the game not knowing who was on who while Geisch was picking all the magnets up. Well that explains everything  :lol.

Going by Thursdays performance, I think they're still trying to sort the magnets out.  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 12:28:04 PM »
Going by Thursdays performance, I think they're still trying to sort the magnets out.  :lol

lol. :lol :lol :lol

Sadly I agree with your sig too wayne. Joel's day are numbered.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 06:02:30 PM »
Just a reminder that Richo is on tonight at 7.30pm on ONE-HD

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 09:26:52 PM »
Summary of Richo tonight on OWAAT:

* On the Geelong game Richo said it was a fair comment by Quartermain that we probably didn't have the belief in the last quarter after getting a goal in front and went back into our shell a bit. A sign of a side that hasn't won too many games in recent years. Geelong with their winning record probably had that belief to get the job done.

* He's still enjoying his footy although he didn't enjoy it against Carlton last week. Playing as a key forward is becoming more and more difficult as players push back and flood so moving out to the wing has given him a new lease of life given the freedom and ability to stay involved in the game.

* Richo is currently overall 6th in dreamteam points after round 2. Richo said personally he's had a good past 18 months but he'd rather a couple of wins for the team than any dreamteam points.

* Regarding Adam Simpsom's comment that you don't know who you are on when you come back on the ground, Richo said you normally try asking the player who is coming off who they were on and you look at centre bounces to see who from the opposition is on the wing say. With today's game also you need be able to know how to play in various positions just in case you are moved around. If you're playing wing and don't know where you should be standing in the zone you can be in big trouble.

* Walls asked if Ben Cousins has been a distration to the players? Richo replied no he hasn't. We understood what it would be like when we brought Ben to the club and although that period before Christmas was hectic it's been fairly normal and he's just been one of the boys as the media aren't around the club.

* They showed a graphic where there were 161 articles on Cousins in the lead up to round 1 but just 11 prior to round 2.

* Richo said he had to go into the ruck at a centre bounce against Port and once Lade stuck his knee into his ribs that was enough. The boys had a laugh at Richo's expense but he wasn't laughing. Very dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

* Richo asked Mick Malthouse about Presti and how he enjoyed the challenge of playing against him and that he is a underrated defender.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 10:41:13 PM »
Thanks OE!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 10:59:24 PM »
Great show, especially with Richo on it

I imagine it will be pretty boring with Lloyd on next week

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 11:06:37 PM »
It wont be boring Infamy next week because they will be talking about Richmonds great win over the Bulldogs  :thumbsup
Unleash the tornado

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 01:45:25 AM »
* On the Geelong game Richo said it was a fair comment by Quartermain that we probably didn't have the belief in the last quarter after getting a goal in front and went back into our shell a bit. A sign of a side that hasn't won too many games in recent years. Geelong with their winning record probably had that belief to get the job done.
We've got to break out of this lack of confidence mentality somehow against the top sides. It's almost a fear of failure. Not wanting to take risks which got us in front in the first place for fear of stuffing up and losing the game which ironically actually leads to us losing the game. It cost us the win against the Dogs last year in the 5 minutes when we coughed up a 19 point lead. We can't do that again this time around.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 07:13:39 AM »
We've got to break out of this lack of confidence mentality somehow against the top sides. It's almost a fear of failure. Not wanting to take risks which got us in front in the first place for fear of stuffing up and losing the game which ironically actually leads to us losing the game. It cost us the win against the Dogs last year in the 5 minutes when we coughed up a 19 point lead. We can't do that again this time around.

I think there is a fair bit in what you say MT.  We do seem to play with stage fright against certain (mostly the better) clubs and it has been that way for a number of years (the same clubs) suggesting that we do have mental blocks playing them.  Geelong, Sydney, Nth Melbourne and St Kilda all spring to mind.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 10:24:17 AM »
RE Bulldogs game MT-I wish it was 5 min that we coughed up a 19 point lead but it was closer to 3 minutes.Still keeps me up at night. lol
Unleash the tornado