Author Topic: IT'S TIME TO GO THE TANK- IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE! [merged]  (Read 45415 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: IT'S TIME TO GO THE TANK- IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE! [merged]
« Reply #570 on: July 28, 2009, 11:02:34 PM »
you obviously ddint go yesterday :banghead
Wrong again Jack. I enjoyed it but would enjoy 3 picks inside the first 20 more.
I wouldn't expect a simpleton like you to understand! Go back to your colour in books stupid!

You tankers are pretty good at spin. Obviously it has more impact and thus appears to suit your argument to say "3 picks inside the top 20" as if the top 20 is some imaginary line of excellence. Why don't you say "2 picks inside the top 25"? Clearly that doesn't sound as good for your spurious argument.

Losing one pick at around 17-20 is not the disaster that you make it out to be. Let's face it, if our future and next premiership depends on one pick inside the top 20, then clearly we are much closer to that flag than any of us realise. And let's not forget that we can always trade for extra picks, if we have the guts.

When you consider that it is crucial that we get as many games into our youngsters as possible in the shortest time, why would we actively manufacture a situation where the first 10 of their first 30 games are deliberate losses? Why would we waste these vital experiences by playing them out of position to ensure a loss? Or dragging them if they're playing too well? Whether they win or lose isn't the point - it is the shared experience of doing their utmost to win that is important. Pushing each other to the limit. Feeling genuine pain when they lose and genuine elation when they win. These are the things that start to bond a team.
Clearly you're and idiot too. 3 picks inside the first 20 is alot better than 2 inside the top 25, you d1ck!
That one extra player puts us 1 step closer to our next premiership, and a step a head of other clubs, not the difference between us winning one or loosing one.
Grow up cokhead!

FooffooValve

« Reply #571 on: July 29, 2009, 09:45:01 AM »

Clearly you're and idiot too. 3 picks inside the first 20 is alot better than 2 inside the top 25, you d1ck!
That one extra player puts us 1 step closer to our next premiership, and a step a head of other clubs, not the difference between us winning one or loosing one.
Grow up cokhead!

Looking at that post, I'd say I'm not the one that needs to grow up.

Thanks so much for debating the issues though.  ::)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #572 on: July 29, 2009, 12:35:28 PM »

LOL, it was a great closure used by BT too, taken straight from the WWDFA's (World Wide Debating Forum Association) published debating tactics

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #573 on: July 29, 2009, 12:45:53 PM »

LOL, it was a great closure used by BT too, taken straight from the WWDFA's (World Wide Debating Forum Association) published debating tactics
May have been a tad harsh, so I apologise. It's just this topic gets me so fired up because to me it's black and white or in our case black and yellow.   :thumbsup

Jackstar is back

« Reply #574 on: July 29, 2009, 07:22:57 PM »
you obviously ddint go yesterday :banghead
Wrong again Jack. I enjoyed it but would enjoy 3 picks inside the first 20 more.
I wouldn't expect a simpleton like you to understand! Go back to your colour in books stupid!

You tankers are pretty good at spin. Obviously it has more impact and thus appears to suit your argument to say "3 picks inside the top 20" as if the top 20 is some imaginary line of excellence. Why don't you say "2 picks inside the top 25"? Clearly that doesn't sound as good for your spurious argument.

Losing one pick at around 17-20 is not the disaster that you make it out to be. Let's face it, if our future and next premiership depends on one pick inside the top 20, then clearly we are much closer to that flag than any of us realise. And let's not forget that we can always trade for extra picks, if we have the guts.

When you consider that it is crucial that we get as many games into our youngsters as possible in the shortest time, why would we actively manufacture a situation where the first 10 of their first 30 games are deliberate losses? Why would we waste these vital experiences by playing them out of position to ensure a loss? Or dragging them if they're playing too well? Whether they win or lose isn't the point - it is the shared experience of doing their utmost to win that is important. Pushing each other to the limit. Feeling genuine pain when they lose and genuine elation when they win. These are the things that start to bond a team.
Grow up cokhead!

carlton are travelling well , arent they :banghead
you have no idea. ::)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #575 on: July 30, 2009, 10:30:33 AM »
carlton are travelling well , arent they :banghead

While their form recently has slumped they are still in seventh position and are likely to play finals.  So in all they are travelling fairly well.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #576 on: July 30, 2009, 06:25:56 PM »
Carlton gave up good picks for Judd who is now being exploited by opposition coaches based on his weaker defensive side of his game. The Blues would've been better off long-term holding onto Josh Kennedy at CHF next to Fev at FF. Then with pick 3 they could have picked up one of Rioli, Dangerfield, Masten, Palmer, Ebert, etc if they wanted a midfielder and then with pick 20 they could have got Tayte Pears to slot into their key defence which is weak.

Btw the Eagles have 10 ways to tank all by themselves in a single game ::). LOL at their runner allegedly telling Le Cras to stay outside their forward 50. They're not even being subtle about it anymore. We can't afford to let them lose in round 22.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #577 on: July 31, 2009, 02:46:12 PM »
Carlton are going better than us. Beat Richmond twice.

Judd was not a bad get for Carlton. Again, seems to normally do fairly well vs. Richmond

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #578 on: August 01, 2009, 12:24:01 AM »
Carlton are going better than us. Beat Richmond twice.

Judd was not a bad get for Carlton. Again, seems to normally do fairly well vs. Richmond
Most champions do fairly well vs Richmond  :P

The Blues are hoping Warnock and Hampson take the ruck duties next year allowing Kreuzer to play forward alongside Fev. At the moment especially with Waite out injured they are too Fev reliant and struggling to beat even bottom 8 sides. North should have won last night but couldn't kick straight. Carlton will make the finals but they are just making up the numbers and won't get past the first week. Our win/loss record at this time of year last year would have us in the top 8 this year. This year there are two great sides, five decent sides (Hawks are paying for a bad start due to injury) and the rest are rubbish. We'll probably find a side with just 11 wins make the finals this year given the large number of mediocre teams. Most years 11 wins doesn't cut it as we know all too well coming ninth.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar is back

« Reply #579 on: August 01, 2009, 05:49:24 AM »
what i seen of Carlton last night,they aint much good.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #580 on: August 01, 2009, 08:50:21 AM »
Dead right Jack.  Too much reliance on too few.  They were extremely lucky last night - North lost it, Carlton didn't win it - and they will only be making up numbers if they make the 8.

Ramps

« Reply #581 on: August 01, 2009, 01:18:25 PM »

they are gonna do a richmond and finish mid table. fevola is in his late 20s. carlton will be back at the bottom soon enough.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #582 on: August 01, 2009, 05:19:28 PM »

they are gonna do a richmond and finish mid table. fevola is in his late 20s. carlton will be back at the bottom soon enough.

And they tanked to get there!  Bring on the tank!!!   ::)

Ramps

« Reply #583 on: August 01, 2009, 05:22:18 PM »

They did  tank, there bottom 6 is very average. They are probably hoping that Warnock, Walker and maybe one or two others can improve there side. As for the tank ... when we see Scully running around in a Melbourne jumper, we will understand why we needed to tank. If we could have added Scully to our midfield, we would have had the makings of a dynamite midfield for the next 10 years.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #584 on: August 01, 2009, 06:39:41 PM »

They did  tank, there bottom 6 is very average. They are probably hoping that Warnock, Walker and maybe one or two others can improve there side. As for the tank ... when we see Scully running around in a Melbourne jumper, we will understand why we needed to tank. If we could have added Scully to our midfield, we would have had the makings of a dynamite midfield for the next 10 years.

And that is the whole problem with trying to cure a sucking chest wound with a bandaid Ramps.  It ain't going to happen.  1 extra player will not make the difference and those clubs who keep placing their faith in that just keep on getting disappointed.  The act of tanking takes the focus away from the reality of winning and has a negative influence that can't be ignored.  I will repeat it for the one thousandth time - no team has ever ever ever ever won a flag by tanking and it's not about to happen anytime soon.