Author Topic: Wallace was sacked then un-sacked  (Read 9599 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Wallace was sacked then un-sacked
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2009, 12:31:03 PM »
Stick to the topic and stop with the insults

What is this position? End of season, round 12 or otherwise? Because I am not sure it has been made clear.

They have said that they are doing a review of the entire footy dept and it would be completed by the end of June. Once completed the review would recommend what the club needs to do coaching wise for 2010 and beyond.

March said at the end of 2008 that they would make a call on TW's future mid season

That's the process as I understand it  :thumbsup ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2009, 12:42:43 PM »
hutchy is an absolute goose

He should be sacked

If heis the poster child of the afl media then god help us.

Robbo is not much better.

Think about it, wallace is on a hiding to nothing, he wont make the finals and his winning percentage will end up being about 33%, his image is in tatters. He had every chance to jump ship ( he still wouldve been paid out ) but has decided not to.

No doubt in my mind now that Wallace will coach till rnd 22.

The only reason he should be sacked is if he refuses to keep blooding kids.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Wallace stays on as Tigers coach (RFC Site)
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2009, 12:50:45 PM »
Wallace stays on as Tigers coach
12:39 PM Tue 19 May, 2009

RICHMOND has confirmed that Terry Wallace remains coach of the club.

The Tigers called a noon press conference to quash a story running on the Herald Sun website claiming that Wallace had already been sacked and blaming a player revolt.

But captain Chris Newman and head of football Craig Cameron affirmed they wanted Wallace to see out his contract and he had their full backing after a meeting on Tuesday morning.

Newman said the players never lost confidence in the coach but said he had called a meeting to clear the air.

“We sit at 1-7 so we needed to sit down as a group and make sure we are on the same page and bring up where we are going wrong and what we can do for the future,” Newman said.

Newman also disputed reports that players were upset about Wallace’s post-match comments to players after the narrow loss to Port Adelaide.

“I’ve heard a little bit about that speculation, but he was sensational after the game. His post-match speech was really good and obviously [he was] pretty upset with the loss as we all were".

Newman said he called the meeting to drive the club forwards.

Full article at:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/77110/default.aspx

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2009, 01:02:12 PM »
Serious question - could TW or the RFC legally go after the HUN in anyway for "mis-reporting" the facts

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2009, 01:11:16 PM »
Serious question - could TW or the RFC legally go after the HUN in anyway for "mis-reporting" the facts

no because there wording protects them

but there is more behind this and the hun knows this

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2009, 01:19:15 PM »
Robbo on SEN

(first try phone line was shocking)

Anyway....

- proven to be wrong, but events haven't been fully put on the plate  :-\

- Robbo believes story very suspicious

- 7.00pm Monday night story started to bubble along but not enough to go with it in the paper this morning

- info this morning including from someone inside the club that TW was gone. TW thought himself he was gone

- did TW turn up at the meeting thinking he was gone - Robbo believes TW thought he was gone last night when he went to bed

- Robbo says player took exception to post match comments in particular it appears Morton got an almighty spray he got this info from someone inside the club  :banghead

- Robbo says to have an emergency Board meeting is "suss". you don't call em if something isn't going on

- Robbo says Newman went to Wallace yesterday afternoon

- Robbo says that there are alot unanswered question. Will be interesting to see what March says tonight

- Do you need to apologise Robbo - he said he will sit on that one and don't expect an apology in the papers tomorrow

- Robbo said he needs to go and do some more investigating because something is just not quite right about this story (Ed: No kidding)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2009, 01:23:47 PM »
Have to say that Robbo said a couple of times that he got his info from someone inside the club

This is the thing that really shiits me.... we leak worse than the bloody titantic

Perhaps if people actually shut up for longer than 5 minutes we would actually not be looked upon as rabble

If the media had not known about last nights supposed meetings then maybe todays' events would not of happened or ......  :shh

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2009, 01:38:13 PM »
- info this morning including from someone inside the club that TW was gone. TW thought himself he was gone

This points out that elements within our club are bad.  If hard discussions and decisions need to be made fair enough but they have to be kept in-house.  To have a mole leaking stuff out to the media to feed on is just not on.

Also WP give yourself a rap on the knuckles again please for avoiding the swear filter ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2009, 01:41:42 PM »
Robbo also said Wallace sat down with a "friend" at the Manningham Hotel. Wasn't answering calls from close friends yet friends were saying the believed he was gone ???.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2009, 01:45:45 PM »
My spies in Melbourne tell me that Terry's friend was Phil Maylin and they did have a drink at the Manningham and Terry told him that he was gone.  So Robbo was right.

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2009, 01:47:20 PM »
Robbo is suss.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
Re: Wallace sacked!!
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2009, 01:52:01 PM »

If Jade Rawlings coaches the club as caretaker over Cambo or David King I'll sit at home this weekend. What a mess.

Word I hear is he is well respected by the players and considering it appears that the players are heavily involved with what's happening at the minute; dont we need someone they respect in charge down there

and BTW he's done a very good job at Coburg
Some people should check that their head is in gear before they open their trap

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2009, 01:53:46 PM »
- Robbo says player took exception to post match comments in particular it appears Morton got an almighty spray he got this info from someone inside the club  :banghead

Why doesn't someone ask Mitch Morton for a comment?

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2009, 01:57:21 PM »
I believe Terry more so then the Richmond FC has more to legally go after the Herald Sun. Wallace can blame mental trauma from the public humiliation he has endured over the "Death Row" comments as well as this false story that he can claim has put his family into chaos. Whether he woudl win or not is another story but from a legal point of view he has at minimum a case to sit on.

From a club point of view our case wouldn't be as strong as the media haven't caused us any damage other than possible defamation of our brand which isn't a bold case. You wouldn't want to stuff up another Terry Wallace story if you were an employee of the Herald Sun that is for sure.

Go Tigers!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2009, 02:24:28 PM »
- Robbo says to have an emergency Board meeting is "suss". you don't call em if something isn't going on

Was it an emergency board meeting? I thought it was a regular monthly meeting that Wallace requested to attend
Remember our last meeting was the week after the Melbourne game, it's now after Round 8 so 4 weeks later, that looks like a regular scheduled meeting to me