Author Topic: How will folks react if.....  (Read 5655 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: How will folks react if.....
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 09:52:37 PM »
Serious question

What happens if our caretaker plays all the kids and we win games?

This is likely to be what he is instructed to do - play the kids

But what about the wins if they happen?

And I don't mean 1 or 2 wins

I am talking about 6 or 7

So many on here want to tank but what happens if the kids get us more than 4 wins?

How will people react?

need to undertand the context of those wins...are they against ea of the top 4 sides or bottom sides, were they convincing or did we fall in...is the style of play a sustainable one...is their difinitive improvement in any players...whole lot of factos come into play and of course we want to win games we've got members top re-sign, key players to re-sign ...the smell of success brings them back not the wiff of a rotting carcus :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 09:53:11 PM »
I suppose I was more interested in how people who are crying out for us to tank would react if we win more than 4 games

Personally I can see us winning another 5 or 6 games, which I have no problem with especially if it is on the back of the kids.

Winning is a more pleasant experience than losing ;D

Last year we finished 9th on the back of our kids and Richo. If we won games in the second half on the back of the kids I would be gleeful also so long as the momentum we take into next season rather than build on hype as we did this year. Would not change my view on appointing a ready made coach as opposed to an assistant who has graduated on the proviso of 11 games of footy.

Ramps

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 10:02:06 PM »
Serious question

So many on here want to tank but what happens if the kids get us more than 4 wins?

How will people react?

Ramps will jump off Westgate  :lol

lol ... Im not jumping off anywhere lol ... maybe Id go up there with a souvlaki and some drinks and stop the traffic waiting for the coppers and the TV crews, and until I got a firm commitment that the Tank was back on I wouldnt be going nowhere  ;D

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 10:09:10 PM »
I hope we not only play the kids but also experiment with players playing in different positions. Not only will this possibly help us find the best position for players but, if injuries hit during games or the season, we can confidently move players to cover 'holes'.

The rest of the year should be about experimenting and testing players, game styles and line-ups for next year and beyond.

If we win games after doing all that then I would be happy because it means we already have the list to succeed.

Stripes

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 11:31:25 PM »
Serious question

How will people react?

if we played:

Moore McGaune Thursfeild
Tambling Rance Edwards/Polo
Tuck Cotchin Cousins
Reiwoldt Post White
Nahas Vickery Morton
Graham Deledio Foley
Pattison Coughlan Jackson Newman/Connors

for the rest of the year and won games, i would be somewhat content

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 12:49:56 AM »
wp

i would be rapt

just as cuz says, winning isnt everything, its the only thing

the draft oreder is overrated , take collins for example, picked very late but looking the goods

hird is the best example. winning is the best medicine

:gotigers :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 01:27:16 PM »

I am sure the board and coterie groups would have a say on who will get the job full time and should we win 6 or so games in the 2nd half of the season I see it as another coterie group appointee who is looking after their own interests as opposed of the club long term until some point in time in season 2011-12 when the poo will hit the fan again.

Load of rubbish.
Now the coach is gone the usual suspects are finding something else to conjure up out of thin air/whinge about.

"A recruitment firm will be employed to manage the process of finding the next coach. Senior Richmond figures have a philosophical view of the type of people likely to be looked at but, as St Kilda appointment of Ross Lyon proved, the process can unearth unexpected results."

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/tigers-to-search-for-young-coach/2009/06/01/1243708402556.html

This time due process will be followed.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Online FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 02:22:45 PM »
Seriously, why would we be worried about draft picks? What have they ever done for us?

We need to start winning, and addressing far bigger 'cultural' problems than worrying about whether we get pick 2 or pick 8.

Tigermonk

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 02:56:02 PM »
The players must now start winning & the youngsters need to push harder & lift to the next level
Winning is what everyone wants,  l dont care about drafts, if you really wanna know many #1-10 draft picks break down in thier 1st season due to preasure.
Winning games will put a better feeling into everyone involved with Richmond  :thumbsup

Jackstar is back

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 03:44:04 PM »
The players must now start winning & the youngsters need to push harder & lift to the next level
Winning is what everyone wants,  l dont care about drafts, if you really wanna know many #1-10 draft picks break down in thier 1st season due to preasure.
Winning games will put a better feeling into everyone involved with Richmond  :thumbsup

Totally agree. :gotigers

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 03:51:17 PM »
Dont tell me you are now going to enjoy wins for just what they are and not dissect them into a million little pieces  ;)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 04:04:12 PM »
Serious question

How will people react?

wins on the back of youth will accepted by the tiger faithful as a positive.

Simmons Brown KJ Bowden are not youth, richo should not play again this year either

The only elder statesman who should be playing is Cousins.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 04:11:50 PM »

No point winning games with your grandpa 22 Tigermonk, whats teh point fo winning games with Simmonds, Bowden, Johnson, Brown when they wont be playing in 2010.. achieves nothing.

Blood the kids see if they can play at AFL level with a winning formula and inject in some faith and confidence.
Go Tigers!

Tigermonk

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 04:42:01 PM »

No point winning games with your grandpa 22 Tigermonk, whats teh point fo winning games with Simmonds, Bowden, Johnson, Brown when they wont be playing in 2010.. achieves nothing.

Blood the kids see if they can play at AFL level with a winning formula and inject in some faith and confidence.

the only senior players l said should be in the side are Bowden, Brown & Cousins, next year
Simmonds Johnson Richo are all injured & should retire

so who is good enough to push for Bowden, Brown & Cousins places next year, no-one deserves any of thier places because they aint pushed them out this year
kids have to lift levels to get rewarded otherwise you dont progress & establish a high standard at the club, Rewarding games to players like Edwards, Shulzs, Hislop, Conners, are a joke
Players rewarded & holding thier spots are players like Collins, Patto, Graham, Polo, & l reckon Kingy deserves ago just cause he adds flair but play him off the bench in a resting midfield role or on a wing
Years not finished yet  ;D Deledio still think he can win enough games to make the finals, thats a big statement from the lad but not impossible. but fire away l'm interested in what you have to say, stop being a idiot  ;D l love a good conversation about football & a good debate. l put one up. debate it  ;D who deserves to take those 3 places of the players l beleive will play all games next year ifnot stopped by injuries

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 05:15:50 PM »
I understand your a big fan of these players as am I, it kills me to see Bowden and Richo be in there twilights and be robbed of ultimate success and see someone like Cam Mooney the worlds worst every forward walk in 2 premierships with his pants down and could have been 3 and will play in his 4th this year. It genuinely kills me.

I think the reality is that In looking at the list you have to assess each one individually. (And I will get to your question in a sec)

Kane Johnson = Injured since Geez has been born, gone.

Troy Simmonds = Has lost pace dramatically and his strength isn't the same of 2 years ago and his leap is non existent.

Nathan Brown = Has he kicked more than 4 goals a game since his broken leg? His body just keeps breaking down and can't string more than 4 games together and I don't think he's played 2 certainly not 3 good games in a row.

Joel Bowden = Honestly is notorious for bad starts to the season and would in teh bracket between 16th and 22nd picked in the squad. Think his body woudl hold up but I woudl like his responisbiility in teh backline to be transfered to McGuane or Moore.

Matthew Richardson = Would be devastated if he wasn't resigned. I think it will come down to his body and he may be saved with not being properly fit around the time f the decision being made and will get given a lifeline. Whetehr he plays or not will depend on whether he can get 100% fit.

Ben Cousins = Can still play and if fully fit woudl possibly be in our best 3-5 players. His issues whether they are still around or whether he keeps doing stupid things in front of the camera and in the public may hurt him.

To answer your question:

If we take Freo's team and drop Brown I would very much like to see if Gourdis can ignite something at AFL level, or possibly one from left field by putting in Alroy Gilligan. Just try something, even if you don't agree about the delisting surely you can see the positives by putting Brown in the rack and saving him for next year and see what the kids can do?

Bowden I think Post and/or Rance should be given games this year, with the backline at the moment that doesn't include Raines I think Joel woudl be the first to make way. Thursfield is on sketchy ground but shoudl be given a few games in a row to see how he's travelling.

And I'd keep Cousins.

So:
Brown - Gourdis, Gilligan - even a Rance up forward in Browns position could show us something differet

Bowden - Post, Rance

I don't enjoy saying it but it's for the best.
Go Tigers!