Author Topic: World Cup 2022 Bid [merged]  (Read 33605 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: World Cup 2022 Bid [merged]
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2010, 07:32:56 AM »
Dont particularly like the game, but a patriotic Aussie all the way wanted to get it.
But with no great real care factor was a realist and told my work colleagues yesterday we wern't a chance.
So I can say this without bias, What a farce of an organisation! Joke of a game! run by jokers and supported in the majority by lunatics!
I wont be watching  :sleep

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2010, 07:40:11 AM »
Lowy's supposed clout has taken a massive hit with us getting only one vote and being knocked out in the first round of voting. I must admit I've never seen him as a big shot and a mover and shaker despite his Westfield empire. Especially when he is compared to a Packer, Murdoch, etc. It must be a Sydney thing.

I wonder who voted for us. Beckenbauer publicly supported the Aussie bid throughout the process.

Round 1: Australia 1 vote, Japan 3 votes, US 3 votes, South Korea 4 votes and Qatar 11 votes.

Round 2: Japan 2 votes, South Korea 5 votes, US 5 votes and Qatar 10 votes.

Round 3 South Korea 5 votes, US 6 votes and Qatar 11 votes.

Round 4 US 8 votes and Qatar 14 votes (Qatar obtain absolute majority)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2010, 07:42:12 AM »
Don't beat yourselves up about it.  Get involved in the local game and help it grow.  World Cups will still be there.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2010, 08:15:32 AM »
New Football LOL

1 VOTE and 1st eliminated LOL

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2010, 09:39:22 AM »
The most disappointing thing to me is that the stadium upgrades around the country would have have been a boon for the respective codes.

Is the result a reflection of where FIFA see soccer in Australia at?

Lowys a hypocrite. Claiming all that stuff about Migrants etc. Did the mongrel tell them how he and his mates have tried to destroy all the migrant clubs who contributed to Australian soccer for 50 years in Australia. Hope it all goes down the tubes for him tonight. He doesnt deserve it. He doesnt deserve this place in history. He can get stuffed for all I care! For me a Qatari or USA win is a win for the true believers.

you are kidding right. if we had all those migrant clubs around we would still have croats beating up greeks, flares thrown at each other etc etc

the best thing about Soccer in this country is there are no migrant clubs. eff that dont need it.

Im from a european background and i couldnt stand watching those greeks, italians, croats jump up and down and yell abuse at each other.

It actually makes me sick. If you love your parents country so much well eff off and go back there and live.

Lowys a champion. I like a guy with passion.

Yeah, I miss seeing the conflict between ethnic groups like we used to at the soccer.  :nope

I played soccer as kid before I played aussie rules. It was my first introduction to racial prejudices. (I must say it was also my first introduction to someone trying to quell such views too.)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2010, 10:02:38 AM »
The most disappointing thing to me is that the stadium upgrades around the country would have have been a boon for the respective codes.

Lowys a hypocrite. Claiming all that stuff about Migrants etc. Did the mongrel tell them how he and his mates have tried to destroy all the migrant clubs who contributed to Australian soccer for 50 years in Australia. Hope it all goes down the tubes for him tonight. He doesnt deserve it. He doesnt deserve this place in history. He can get stuffed for all I care! For me a Qatari or USA win is a win for the true believers.

you are kidding right. if we had all those migrant clubs around we would still have croats beating up greeks, flares thrown at each other etc etc

the best thing about Soccer in this country is there are no migrant clubs. eff that dont need it.

Im from a european background and i couldnt stand watching those greeks, italians, croats jump up and down and yell abuse at each other.

It actually makes me sick. If you love your parents country so much well eff off and go back there and live.

Yeah, I miss seeing the conflict between ethnic groups like we used to at the soccer.  :nope

I played soccer as kid before I played aussie rules. It was my first introduction to racial prejudices. (I must say it was also my first introduction to someone trying to quell such views too.)

i dont think its a reflection of what Fifa think about Soccer in this country as Qatar  dont exactly set the world on fire with the sport and they have never made the world cup.

dont kid yourself it was all about Money. I dont particulary the sport outside of Euro and World Cup having never been to a local game in Melbourne. Winning this bid would've been huge for Melbourne thats all i cared about. The Game is corrupt as all stuff and like that rubbish EPL its about who has the most money that determines who wins in the end.

This was no different.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2010, 10:03:28 AM »
The old national league was great but the violence wrecked it in the end.  Even when the Victory played Hellas in a preseason game a few years ago, the home crowd couldnt control themselves.

young blokes who cant handle the pee and think their culture is better than others can eff off

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2010, 10:05:08 AM »

i dont think its a reflection of what Fifa think about Soccer in this country as Qatar  dont exactly set the world on fire with the sport and they have never made the world cup.

dont kid yourself it was all about Money. I dont particulary the sport outside of Euro and World Cup having never been to a local game in Melbourne. Winning this bid would've been huge for Melbourne thats all i cared about. The Game is corrupt as all eff and like that rubbish EPL its about who has the most money that determines who wins in the end.

This was no different.

if u love the game u should get into the local product.  sure it isnt as good as the other leagues around the world, but i cant understand those who are crying out for the world cup who dont support the local game.  isnt that what its all about??

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2010, 10:06:44 AM »
Daniel, sorry for yr loss mate, but it was never going to happen.  of course money wins.  And dont think that we lost just because the system is corrupt....we arent alone in that either.

What i would like to see is all these passionate supporters get behind the local A-League.  Crowds of only a few thousand are a disgrace at the local game.  A lot of bandwagon supporters got a reality check last night, howabouts they go to the soccer tonight for a change.

yeah well money wins in the end.

now about the local game sorry i am one of those bandwagon supporters and this is further proof why i am one.

The sport is a joke and is corrupt as all stuff.

I am dissapointed but the same would've been if it was the olympics we lost. I love any sport in this country thats all i cared about.

Lets be real here Soccer is run by a bunch of crooks which is why the same old clubs win time and time again.

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2010, 10:11:29 AM »
So if its corrupt at a local level the aust FA is corrupt; therefore our bid was corrupt?

The A-league is only young so i dont think u can argue the same teams win all the time.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2010, 10:18:47 AM »

dont kid yourself it was all about Money. I dont particulary the sport outside of Euro and World Cup having never been to a local game in Melbourne. Winning this bid would've been huge for Melbourne thats all i cared about. The Game is corrupt as all eff and like that rubbish EPL its about who has the most money that determines who wins in the end.

This was no different.

if u love the game u should get into the local product.  sure it isnt as good as the other leagues around the world, but i cant understand those who are crying out for the world cup who dont support the local game.  isnt that what its all about??

if you want me to be honest i cant stand those patriotic stuffwits who cause trouble with their flags drapped around them. It has put me off the local game.

The same losers have tried to ruin the Australian Tennis open. They can go get stuffed.

I understand if you love your background and all that but those fools who deliberately go out to cause trouble cause they are Italian or Greek or anything puts me off the local game

Id rather watch paint dry than go to a local game, but hey thats my opinion.

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2010, 10:25:46 AM »
i think we have common ground.  i cant stand the flag draping, moronic bogans either.

But the A-League isn't like that.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2010, 12:21:10 PM »
Why is it as Australians we jump for joy when we win a bid to host a major sporting event and if we fail we blame corruption and how we were cheated and hard done by. Time for us to wake up!!  :banghead
Qatar's bid was outstanding and essentially left ours for dead. Good luck to them. I think they will be excellent hosts. I think the biggest turn up was the UK missing out over Russia.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2010, 12:33:48 PM »
LOL@ Bent over Beckham.

And btw I dont agree Tiga - smaks of $$$$$$$$ - Anyway moving right along ..... would prefer footy not to be interrupted to be honest  :gotigers

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2010, 12:54:10 PM »
And puhleeze dont bid again, we will never get it! Better spending the money on something we have a chance at or hospitals, education ......