Author Topic: Edwards, King and Hislop  (Read 2945 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Edwards, King and Hislop
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 10:43:24 PM »
yep and lets hope our new coach doesn't think like you or we will be in the wilderness for another 5 years.

they are list cloggers simple as that, a perfect illustration of where we sit as a football club.

under 70kg's .....tick
cant kick....tick
run around in circles...tick

they dont need time they are rubbish.

I'm sorry, but they are both too young to be list cloggers.
You had it wrong about Tambling, no reason you won't be wrong about other players who are still developing.
Our kids don't have the luxury of being in a team surrounded by older mature bodies so the kids can play cameos while they develop. Our kids are our core, they have to do everything.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 11:02:15 PM »
yep and lets hope our new coach doesn't think like you or we will be in the wilderness for another 5 years.

they are list cloggers simple as that, a perfect illustration of where we sit as a football club.

under 70kg's .....tick
cant kick....tick
run around in circles...tick

they dont need time they are rubbish.

I'm sorry, but they are both too young to be list cloggers.
You had it wrong about Tambling, no reason you won't be wrong about other players who are still developing.
Our kids don't have the luxury of being in a team surrounded by older mature bodies so the kids can play cameos while they develop. Our kids are our core, they have to do everything.

yeah i got it wrong for now and i hope he keeps it up.

open your eyes its not rocket science.

PLAYERS OF THE FUTURE
VICKERY
COLLINS
JACK
COTCH
MORTON
WHITE
POLO
GRAHAM
TAMBLING
LIDS
NAHAS(is so far ahead of Edwards its not funny)

LIST CLOGGERS AND PLAYERS WHO WILL "NEVER' WIN YOU A FLAG
SCHULZ
EDWARDS
JON
HISLOP
KING
PATTISON
PETRIFIED

Hughes is the only one im willing to keep on for another few years. FFS we kept JON for so long why not keep a KPP and see how we go.

now you can bang on all you like about players "being too young" to be list cloggers well remind me how old Schulz and JON are?

Those list cloggers mentioned above would never get a game at most clubs
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 11:18:37 PM »
Nahas is older than Edwards and Edwards has had two pretty decent years as an 18-19 year old
This year has been his weakest so far, but he wouldn't be the first developing kid who had a down year, in fact it's quite common

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 11:39:36 PM »
NAHAS(is so far ahead of Edwards its not funny).......

Im not negating anything said on here about Nahas, he is an exciting pospect but that comment by Daniel really doesnt ring true to me.
Nahas is at least a year oler than Edwards and has played senior VFL football previously.  If he is so much better why was he drafted this year as a 21 year old and not picked up a few years ago when he was 18-19.
Tucky for example didnt get picked up till he was 23? and now at 28 is consistently in our top 10 players week in week out, it just shows that some players take a little longer than others to come right.
Obviously Edwards has showed something to be picked up as a kid and at the ripe old age of 20 is now a list clogger?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2009, 04:42:50 AM »
agree that jackson is overrated

Cogs should be in the team in front of these duds  :banghead

fair point

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 08:49:05 AM »

Im not negating anything said on here about Nahas, he is an exciting pospect but that comment by Daniel really doesnt ring true to me.
Nahas is at least a year oler than Edwards and has played senior VFL football previously.  If he is so much better why was he drafted this year as a 21 year old and not picked up a few years ago when he was 18-19.
Tucky for example didnt get picked up till he was 23? and now at 28 is consistently in our top 10 players week in week out, it just shows that some players take a little longer than others to come right.
Obviously Edwards has showed something to be picked up as a kid and at the ripe old age of 20 is now a list clogger?

jacosh listen up amigo.

Edwards dances around in circles aka JON and has no awareness whats going on around him.

If you think players of his calibre will win you a flag then im affriad you will be waiting a very very long time.

Edwards has played more footy than Nahas. FACT.

dont even compare vfl to afl. Look at schulz he is serviceable at vfl level yet couldnt get a root in a brothel when he plays for us.

FACE FACTS EDWARDS LIKE MANY BEFORE HIM IS NOT GOING TO TAKE US WHERE WE WANT TO GO.

I see nahas as being a little Steve Milne. A little pest we have been longing for.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2009, 10:18:49 AM »
Fact; it does not matter where you play your footy, if you play against fully grown, mature men you are better equpped to deal with afl in your fledgling years! TAC cup does a good job of preparing for the future but does not prepare well for the speed and size of grown men in the first year. On 3aw last night the commentaters used Natinui and Rich as examples of this as well as Nahas.  Example where it fails in the first year include Watts, Judd(who kept on dislocating shoulders) and even Goddard who is only now starting to realise his potential.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2009, 11:19:52 AM »

jacosh listen up amigo.

Edwards dances around in circles aka JON and has no awareness whats going on around him.

If you think players of his calibre will win you a flag then im affriad you will be waiting a very very long time.

dont even compare vfl to afl. Look at schulz he is serviceable at vfl level yet couldnt get a root in a brothel when he plays for us.

FACE FACTS EDWARDS LIKE MANY BEFORE HIM IS NOT GOING TO TAKE US WHERE WE WANT TO GO.

I see nahas as being a little Steve Milne. A little pest we have been longing for.

I hate to disagree with a person of such obvious intellect as yourself Daniel.
I see Edwards game as trying to break the lines and draw the tackler before offloading to a free team mate, he got caught once last night by Judd when he zigged when he should have zagged but that will come with a little more maturity. 
As for playing more football than Nahas i think you wrong there as well he has played more AFL than Nahas but Robbie played a few years in the VFL which gives him an advantage of playing on men rather than boys at TAC level. I see him more like Blingers than JON.  watch a couple of replays from 2 years ago and see how many time Blingers was being caught, he has matured this years and we are seeing glimpses of what the recruiters saw in him that led him to be drafted before Franklin.  Give Edwards another couple of years to mature and get a stronger and i think you will see similar progress.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2009, 09:26:42 PM »

jacosh listen up amigo.

I hate to disagree with a person of such obvious intellect as yourself Daniel.
I see Edwards game as trying to break the lines and draw the tackler before offloading to a free team mate, he got caught once last night by Judd when he zigged when he should have zagged but that will come with a little more maturity. 
As for playing more football than Nahas i think you wrong there as well he has played more AFL than Nahas but Robbie played a few years in the VFL which gives him an advantage of playing on men rather than boys at TAC level. I see him more like Blingers than JON.  watch a couple of replays from 2 years ago and see how many time Blingers was being caught, he has matured this years and we are seeing glimpses of what the recruiters saw in him that led him to be drafted before Franklin.  Give Edwards another couple of years to mature and get a stronger and i think you will see similar progress.
Clutching at straws!!!!!! Edwards is a DUD   :banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2009, 09:31:21 PM »
Edwards - Trade
King - Delist
Hislop - Delist

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2009, 08:49:43 PM »
What did we all think of Edwards today?

Jackstar is back

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2009, 08:51:28 PM »

Was good against poor opposition.
The better teams would of crunched him if he was taking marks inside D 50.
Good trade bait at years end. Is too small

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2009, 08:55:25 PM »
Edwards went alright.

drafted 06 - too early to write him off

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2009, 08:55:58 PM »

thought it was his best game for the club today and he was our best player
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2009, 09:34:35 PM »
I have liked this kid since his first game, still only young, has a footy brain and takes them on.

Future star.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do