Author Topic: Edwards, King and Hislop  (Read 2947 times)

Ramps

Edwards, King and Hislop
« on: July 11, 2009, 04:49:08 PM »
Anyone wanna rate Edwards, King and Hislop?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Edwards, King and Hislop
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 05:17:12 PM »
Anyone wanna rate Edwards, King and Hislop?

yeah ill rate them.  effIN    P A T H E T I C.

3 things about today

im content about the result. going to plan perfectly.

secondly im glad jade cant get it right & win games because we dont want another geesh on our hands and quite frankly he is rubbish.

thirdly those 3 you mentioned Ramps are the reason why we are ridiculed and laughed at by most in the league. Like Petrfied, Schulz, now these 3 clowns we will remain at the bottom. Nahas is half the size yet provides an option. he still may not make it but at least HE HAS A stuffin go.

Great day for Post and Vickery. Now where r those fools a month ago who said not to play Vickery. NFI some of you on here.

Lids is getting ready to say his goodbyes. :thumbsup
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 05:22:12 PM »
King is on my delist list but I actually didn't think he was that bad today. Made his trademark howler across the ground but he also did some nice things. Not our worst today by a long shot but not in our future plans either.

Hislop and Edwards don't do enough and half the time what they do do isn't good enough. They argument the Club will make is they are still young but there's not much to get excited about on current "form". Very ordinary.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 05:26:05 PM »
I would add Jackson to that list also, his disposal is just terrible.

He cancels out all of his hard work with his disposal, he just inst up to it in that side of the game.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 05:27:28 PM »
King is on my delist list but I actually didn't think he was that bad today. Made his trademark howler across the ground but he also did some nice things. Not our worst today by a long shot but not in our future plans either.

Hislop and Edwards don't do enough and half the time what they do do isn't good enough. They argument the Club will make is they are still young but there's not much to get excited about on current "form". Very ordinary.

MT the same was said about Schulz and Petrified before them.

Enough is enough we need to get rid of these cancers end of the season that keep infesting on our team, whether they are young or old.

Anyone see Post, Vickery and Nahas today. Now thats what we can build a team around. Those other clowns will NEVER win us a flag.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 05:41:16 PM »
Edwards in particular seems to have absolutely no awareness of what is around him. Time and time again he gets caught with the ball and secondly he has a bad habit of kicking the ball like a soccer player. If you watch Cotchin and the way his head is over the ball when he passes, Edwards continually leans back as he kicks, why cant the coaches see this, what are they being paid for?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 05:44:26 PM »
Edwards in particular seems to have absolutely no awareness of what is around him. Time and time again he gets caught with the ball and secondly he has a bad habit of kicking the ball like a soccer player. If you watch Cotchin and the way his head is over the ball when he passes, Edwards continually leans back as he kicks, why cant the coaches see this, what are they being paid for?

Said it a million times.

If we dont dump him now he will become if he isnt already another list clogger aka JON

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 06:01:15 PM »
I'm not sure why our coaches keep playing King in defence. Even against Coburg last week he was a liability in defence and showed something playing forward. So the logic in elevating him on that performance then putting him down back again is just astounding.

I still think Hislop and Edwards need time, I'm happy to leave them in getting more experience. Similar to King, I'm not sure why Edwards is ever played in defence, he should be a forward while he develops as he proved in his first two years that he can play there. He moves well in traffic but awareness and disposal lets him down. They can both improve with more time in the game to develop confidence.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 06:27:01 PM »
Jury is out over King but i think Hislop will come good given some more time, yes he goes to ground a bit but a lot of the time it was to throw himself at the ball.  One thing he doesnt lack is courage and he has good hands. 
Watching Edwards today i kept thinking of Tambling and how similar they are (pre 2009 for Tambling), imagine how dangerous the 2 of them would be if he comes good like blinger. both are good plyers in the making i believe where as King is a little older and just doesnt seem to have the skills to hold down a backline position but i would like to see him in the forward pocket for a few games.  His defensive pressure may help with some of the easy clearances the opposing teams make against us.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 07:21:59 PM »
wouldnt pee on them

Offline gtig

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 07:24:52 PM »
King played much better today, only that one big clanger comes to mind.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 07:26:51 PM »
King too short skill deficient. All heart and could be a passenger in a good side but in ours he sticks out like a stiffy in a tracksuit.

Edwards. Kid showed promise a few years ago but is just another flanker introduced in the Wallace era that is too small too timid and too weak. Two weeks in a row caught in posession by superstars of the comp.

Hislop. Tries hard and goes in but lacks class panache and finesse.

Of the 3 I like Hislop the most.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 09:41:54 PM »
I'm not sure why our coaches keep playing King in defence. Even against Coburg last week he was a liability in defence and showed something playing forward. So the logic in elevating him on that performance then putting him down back again is just astounding.

I still think Hislop and Edwards need time, I'm happy to leave them in getting more experience. Similar to King, I'm not sure why Edwards is ever played in defence, he should be a forward while he develops as he proved in his first two years that he can play there. He moves well in traffic but awareness and disposal lets him down. They can both improve with more time in the game to develop confidence.

yep and lets hope our new coach doesn't think like you or we will be in the wilderness for another 5 years.

they are list cloggers simple as that, a perfect illustration of where we sit as a football club.

under 70kg's .....tick
cant kick....tick
run around in circles...tick

they dont need time they are rubbish.

nahas is so much lighter than Edwards yet i am so much confident when he touches the ball. Edwards needs to watch Nahas lay tackles.

Edwards is the brother JON never knew he had.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 09:47:27 PM »
Cogs should be in the team in front of these duds  :banghead

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 09:55:48 PM »
Jury is out over King but i think Hislop will come good given some more time, yes he goes to ground a bit but a lot of the time it was to throw himself at the ball.  One thing he doesnt lack is courage and he has good hands. 
Watching Edwards today i kept thinking of Tambling and how similar they are (pre 2009 for Tambling), imagine how dangerous the 2 of them would be if he comes good like blinger. both are good plyers in the making i believe where as King is a little older and just doesnt seem to have the skills to hold down a backline position but i would like to see him in the forward pocket for a few games.  His defensive pressure may help with some of the easy clearances the opposing teams make against us.

i can do without king but i really don't think edward is that bad.  sure, his disposal isn't great but he's very agile and he takes them on.  he'll be right.

i quite like hislop.  though he doesn't get much of the ball in the forwardline.  but his defensive pressure and tackling is fantastic.  he's hard at the ball and numerous times today he won the hardball in close and gave the handball out.