Author Topic: Edwards, King and Hislop  (Read 2948 times)

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
Re: Edwards, King and Hislop
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2009, 09:38:33 PM »
He was too quick for them today. Great to watch.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2009, 10:04:04 PM »
edwards was brilliant.

hislop i've liked tho i know alot of people are never satisfied.  he wins alot of hardball in the middle of the pack and feeds the ball out.  sure, he's not a flashy player who will blow you away but he's tough as nails and scraps in hard. keep him.

king: not too interested.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2009, 02:15:59 AM »
Edwards was great today, I don't think he was our best on ground, but he was rightfully named IN the bests
Showed lovely evasiveness, kicked beautifully and that holding the ball decision against him was an absolute disgrace
He also completely nullified Lindsay Thomas

Shows what some confidence does to a player and a little bit of faith as well

Didn't think King did too badly either, Hislop wasn't sighted too much, but is always hard at the ball

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2009, 01:16:39 PM »
Hislop really hurt some of the Nth players yesterday. I like his attack on the footy though he does lack a little polish and good decision making skills at times though I feel this is more an experience thing than a ability one.

Edwards was terrific at times during the game. Now has the confidence to just play his natural game which is paying off. Went missing during the middle part of the match but if he continue to build on this form we may have a Richie mark two on our hands  :shh

King layed those bone crunching couple of tackles during the game whic resulted in a goal which once again highlighted why he was elevated to the main list in the first place. He was also out marked and made a few costly turnovers which is why he may be eventually delisted. Can't help but love his attitude.

Stripes

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2009, 01:31:40 PM »
Its such a shame we criticise players so soon.

We were more critical of Richie Bling in his early years. People wanted his head. Now those same people are claiming he's our next captain.

Just give him a go and wait post 22-23 and judge him when he has a man's body and brain.

Not in the bottom 10 this year anyway, absolutely should be kept.
Go Tigers!

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2009, 04:25:15 PM »
Not concerned about Edwards ....He just needs a couple more pre seasons and 40 more games pumped into him.

What about Dean Polo ? He is 23 and his best game is still his debut game.
Unleash the tornado

Offline HD

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2009, 04:48:24 PM »
Edwards and Hislop - One more season to bulk up and show their ability, if they can't then too bad (although i thought Edwards showed a lot on Sunday)

King - Give him till the end of the season to WOW the football department, otherwise look to offload him over the summer.

Polo - Make a highlights reel from his first 1/2/3 games and take that round the AFL trying to pass him off as the Next Big Thing. Maybe other teams are as stupid as we've shown we can be, I mean Freo took Tarrant from Collingwood a few years back  :clapping - they're about due for another top notch recruiting decision like that this year  :lol

Offline TheUmpire

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2009, 04:50:45 PM »
FACE FACTS EDWARDS LIKE MANY BEFORE HIM IS NOT GOING TO TAKE US WHERE WE WANT TO GO.

I see nahas as being a little Steve Milne. A little pest we have been longing for.

No mate that's your gig (I'm assuming that you're little, in every sense of the word). Certainly not man enough to turn up on this thread to admit you are wrong about Edwards.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2009, 05:13:37 PM »

Polo - Make a highlights reel from his first 1/2/3 games and take that round the AFL trying to pass him off as the Next Big Thing. Maybe other teams are as stupid as we've shown we can be, I mean Freo took Tarrant from Collingwood a few years back  :clapping - they're about due for another top notch recruiting decision like that this year  :lol

While I agree that Freo have no peer when it comes to recruiting blunders, I have to say that Tarrant has been one of their better gets.  He is in almost career-best form playing out of the backline at the moment.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2009, 05:14:48 PM »
Edwards, King & Polo had some of the highest disposal efficiency for the game against North.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2009, 07:37:29 PM »
FACE FACTS EDWARDS LIKE MANY BEFORE HIM IS NOT GOING TO TAKE US WHERE WE WANT TO GO.

I see nahas as being a little Steve Milne. A little pest we have been longing for.

No mate that's your gig (I'm assuming that you're little, in every sense of the word). Certainly not man enough to turn up on this thread to admit you are wrong about Edwards.
Wow! 3rd post and the umpy has come out all guns blazing! As for Daniels call on Nahas, i dont think he ll be a milne but more like an ednie or a hollands, too small but filled a gap for a short time. Hope im wrong though!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2009, 07:45:37 PM »
Its such a shame we criticise players so soon.

We were more critical of Richie Bling in his early years. People wanted his head. Now those same people are claiming he's our next captain.

Just give him a go and wait post 22-23 and judge him when he has a man's body and brain.

Not in the bottom 10 this year anyway, absolutely should be kept.

this is why Connors should get at least 1 more year

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2009, 08:56:36 PM »

Edwards was ok yesterday but don't make the mistake and think he is a star!  He has been absolutely horrible this year. So 1 good game doesn't make anyone wrong about Edwards. I still think he is a skinny little boy who cannot kick and i am man enough to say it!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2009, 09:53:37 PM »

Edwards was ok yesterday but don't make the mistake and think he is a star!  He has been absolutely horrible this year. So 1 good game doesn't make anyone wrong about Edwards. I still think he is a skinny little boy who cannot kick and i am man enough to say it!

And I am man enough to back your comments up, yes he played well and  I have been one of the people bagging him but for good reason, lets see him back it up next week and the week after and...... well you get it.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2009, 04:38:47 AM »
What did we all think of all three yesterday?