Author Topic: Weller and Fleming delisted?  (Read 8535 times)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Weller and Fleming delisted?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2004, 03:52:11 PM »
Tigers cut Weller, Fleming
3:15:57 PM Thu 21 October, 2004
Sportal

The Tigers have cut utilities Tim Fleming and Luke Weller from the club's senior list.

The pair have been informed that their contracts will not be renewed as part of the revision of Richmond's playing list for 2005.

In a prepared statement, the club thanked Fleming and Weller for the contribution they made during their time at Tigerland and wished them the very best for the future.

Picked up as a mature-age recruit, Fleming made his debut in round three 2003 at 25 and managed 17 straight games before a three week suspension ended his season prematurely.

Fleming, who developed a reputation for his hard-at-it approach, played a further 17 matches in 2004.

Weller played seven matches for the Tigers in 2004 after being picked up as the Tigers' second selection at the 2003 pre-season draft.

The Tigers have now delisted a total of eight players from the 2004 list - Justin Blumfield, Simon Fletcher, Adam Houlihan, Ben Marsh, Bill Nicholls and rookie Marc Dragicevic are the others.

Brad Ottens and Aaron Fiora were traded while Matthew Rogers and Duncan Kellaway have retired.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=175732 

It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2004, 04:00:30 PM »
Oh yeah.....

Greg Miller was asked about Nathan Foley - what are we going to do - promote or keep as a rookie?

GM said a decision had not been made but the Club was very pleased with his improvement during the years - especially the 2nd half of the season (I agree with that).

GM also spoke very very highly of Troy Simmonds.

Tezza, GM and Paul Armstrong flew over to Perth (unlike another club who only emailed their interest  ::) ;)) the Saturday before Trade week and spent alot of time with Simmonds putting forward the Tiger case. When they flew back Simmonds had committed to the Tigers, then Freo changed their offer (term & $$) but Troy stayed true to his word and committed to the Club.

Good start for the bloke I reckon :thumbsup

Great to hear that the club is pleased with Foley's progression.  Re promoting him, this is a hard one.  If we promote him then we will have to use one less draft pick.  At this stage, even though I am a fan of Foley's, I would leave him on the rookie list and utilise an extra pick in the national draft seeing that we have decent picks.  I'd rather utilise pick 52 and 68 and keep Foley on the rookie list.  Hilton's long term injury will give him an opportunity if he impresses early. 

Very professional regarding the Simmonds approach.  Well done.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2004, 04:21:40 PM »

Great to hear that the club is pleased with Foley's progression.  Re promoting him, this is a hard one.  If we promote him then we will have to use one less draft pick.  At this stage, even though I am a fan of Foley's, I would leave him on the rookie list and utilise an extra pick in the national draft seeing that we have decent picks.  I'd rather utilise pick 52 and 68 and keep Foley on the rookie list.  Hilton's long term injury will give him an opportunity if he impresses early. 

I agree HarryH - my preference is to keep him as rookie and develop him further and if an opportunity presents promote him during the season - just like we did in 2004 with Kel Moore. Moore got his opportunity and took it and is being rewarded for it.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2004, 04:26:54 PM »
Quick one WP is Simmonds on $320K for five years?

This seems like way too much money. I think he is a good player and Terry must want him but......

Is it performance based?

Ox

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2004, 04:31:50 PM »
It was funny when he mentioned about the players legs - he said they have no thighs - legs like tennis players.

LMAOOOOOOO

I'm serious when i say we should get Hafey involved on the physical conditioning side but we need to move now
so he can have them over pre-season.
Another guy is a Greek bloke who trains Buckley and Tarrant.
Just look at their bods to see what he can do.
I'll find out his name.
Anyway,he's available for private hire.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2004, 04:35:37 PM »
Quick one WP is Simmonds on $320K for five years?

This seems like way too much money. I think he is a good player and Terry must want him but......

Is it performance based?

I don't and I doubt the media would know the exact figure any player is on HT but to answer your question...

What was said was that money that was going to be for Ottens is being used for Simmonds.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2004, 04:39:10 PM »
I'm serious when i say we should get Hafey involved on the physical conditioning side but we need to move now
I'll find out his name.

I didn't know this but Tezza was saying last night he has a degree in Physical Education - so I think he knows eaxctly what we need and how to get it done. Thats why he was talking about this "power training" and why it is so important :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2004, 04:39:26 PM »
The Tigers have now delisted a total of eight players from the 2004 list - Justin Blumfield, Simon Fletcher, Adam Houlihan, Ben Marsh, Bill Nicholls and rookie Marc Dragicevic are the others.

Brad Ottens and Aaron Fiora were traded while Matthew Rogers and Duncan Kellaway have retired.

12 changes to our list (possibly 13 if Ty goes) after 10 last year. Finally we've brought out the big broom and let it loose. 22-23 changes in 2 years is an excellent effort. The remaining "lucky to still be here" ones will be mostly gone by the end of next year and by the end of 2006 we should have turned over our whole list.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2004, 04:53:23 PM »
Danny......he is the man we need and I have a sneaking suspician that he could get a call-up soon.

*For those that dont know he was Wallace head-fitness man at the Dogs....he was part-time though. I also do a bit of training with him and word has it he is looking for a full-time job......
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2004, 04:54:50 PM »
It was funny when he mentioned about the players legs - he said they have no thighs - legs like tennis players.

LMAOOOOOOO

I'll find out his name.

Mate of mine who's now a gym owner was telling me that he was actually considering a job as part of the Richmond fitness staff a little while ago. He thought the Richmond training facilities were a joke in comparison to what he had seen about the place.

Our players' bodies don't lie. Either we have incompetant people training the players or our facilities are schithouse and we need to update. The first thing we should do is try and get our players into tip-top physical condition.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2004, 05:01:24 PM »
Mate of mine who's now a gym owner was telling me that he was actually considering a job as part of the Richmond fitness staff a little while ago. He thought the Richmond training facilities were a joke in comparison to what he had seen about the place.

Our players' bodies don't lie. Either we have incompetant people training the players or our facilities are schithouse and we need to update. The first thing we should do is try and get our players into tip-top physical condition.

I don't think we can blame the facilities anymore JohnF - since they've built (through the JDF) the pool, indoor training room next door the pool and re-fiited the gym it is said that our facilities are excellent - not as great as the Lexus centre but equal to Essendon which is supposed to be the best of the Victorian clubs. I have had tour through them and they are very good.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2004, 05:10:30 PM »
I haven't had a look inside the rooms WP, but i was just wondering, is the place filled with treadmills, swiss balls and room for aerobecising or is there some real heavy duty gym equipment in there like 10 bench presses, leg press machines and squat machines?

Having a good looking gymnasium is something totally different to having an effective one.

I can't see how our players could end up with such pisweak bodies if we had the adequate training facilities so that they could all do core strengthening sessions together.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2004, 05:26:46 PM »
LMAO at the greek guy available for private sessions.

LMAO at the RFC boxercising to the tune of "eye of the tiger"

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2004, 05:33:59 PM »
lmfaoooooo@Buckley and Tarrant getting tight abs and loose rings

lmfaooooooo@the Richmond gym equipment

1 Tae-Bo tapes
2 The Tony Robbins package
3 The ab-doer and the ab-dominator
4 The Chuck Norris Machine
5 Swiss balls
6 Pilates machines
7 Aerobics Greek Style video

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2004, 06:01:35 PM »
lmfaoooooo@Buckley and Tarrant getting tight abs and loose rings

lmfaooooooo@the Richmond gym equipment

1 Tae-Bo tapes
2 The Tony Robbins package
3 The ab-doer and the ab-dominator
4 The Chuck Norris Machine
5 Swiss balls
6 Pilates machines
7 Aerobics Greek Style video

Farken rollin at Aerobics greek style.  That would explain how pro-efficient we've been at touching our toes every week.