Author Topic: Weller and Fleming delisted?  (Read 8547 times)

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
Re: Weller and Fleming delisted?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2004, 06:13:22 PM »
Cut Tigers – Terry tells
4:34:52 PM Thu 21 October, 2004
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au

Richmond coach Terry Wallace has outlined the reasons behind the latest player departures at the Club.

Tim Fleming, 26, and Luke Weller, 22, have been advised by the Tigers that their contracts would not be renewed, as part of the revising of the playing list for 2005.

“I’ve seen a lot of emails around the place over the last 12 months wondering why the kids aren’t getting an opportunity at Richmond. Well, we’ve made decisions recently to open up opportunities for our younger players to be able to be developed,” Wallace said.

“Tim Fleming’s an example of that. At his age, he probably wasn’t going to be a part of what will be a successful Tiger era, and we need to give that chance to get 50 games into young players like Hartigan, Jackson, Raines and Roach.

“It’s important to fast-track their development while we’ve still got our quality senior players around the Club.”

Weller’s delisting was tied in with Richmond’s trade exchange with Geelong for Brad Ottens.

“Luke got squeezed because of the fact that when we made our initial cuts, we then had to wait for the trade period to go through,” Wallace said.

“What happened was that we got an extra draft selection for Brad Ottens, so we had a one player out, two players in scenario.

“Also, what we identified at the end of the trade period, was that we probably needed to go out and look for a couple of bigger, senior-bodied players, to be able to assist our younger group coming through next year.

“The names that come in as late picks in the draft will be chosen for specific purposes. I’ve been across every game played for the last two years and I’ve been identifying blokes that I think can actually give us some sort of assistance in the short term.

“They will probably be delistings from other clubs, but I see a specific role for them within our structure. Whereas, when you looked at a Weller and a Fleming, I probably saw them holding back the progress of the younger players within our group of similar size and playing style.”

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=175772

CUT CUT CUT

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2004, 06:37:37 PM »
lmfaoooooo@Buckley and Tarrant getting tight abs and loose rings

lmfaooooooo@the Richmond gym equipment

1 Tae-Bo tapes
2 The Tony Robbins package
3 The ab-doer and the ab-dominator
4 The Chuck Norris Machine
5 Swiss balls
6 Pilates machines
7 Aerobics Greek Style video

Farken rollin at Aerobics greek style.  That would explain how pro-efficient we've been at touching our toes every week.

LOL, our players have very flexible glutes.

“Also, what we identified at the end of the trade period, was that we probably needed to go out and look for a couple of bigger, senior-bodied players, to be able to assist our younger group coming through next year.

“The names that come in as late picks in the draft will be chosen for specific purposes. I’ve been across every game played for the last two years and I’ve been identifying blokes that I think can actually give us some sort of assistance in the short term."

I wonder if Wallace will go after someone like Croft from the Bulldogs?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 06:55:22 PM by JohnF »

Ox

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2004, 06:39:26 PM »
LMAOOOO@The Tiges hiring a Greek to turn our chickens into Adonis's.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2004, 07:18:15 PM »
I haven't had a look inside the rooms WP, but i was just wondering, is the place filled with treadmills, swiss balls and room for aerobecising or is there some real heavy duty gym equipment in there like 10 bench presses, leg press machines and squat machines?

Being the fitness fanatic that I am and considering I wouldn't know the difference between a bar bell, dumb bell or a door bell ;D ..... :-\ :-[

The room next to the pool - is area they would use for areobecising I reckon - it is used for indoor training. Although it is pretty small and I do know that part of the next stage of the JDF is for the Social Club to be redeveloped and part of that includes building an even bigger indoor training room.

In the gym they have bikes, boxing bag, bench presses and leg press machines - I will have to plead ignorance and admit that I wouldn't know a squat machine if I fell over one :help. I am pretty sure I saw a treadmill machine. I must add that I have only been in the main gym and I haven't seen the area out the back near the change rooms.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 08:34:58 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

froars

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2004, 07:29:25 PM »
We can't have all this fitness stuff, there'll be a player revolt.
They've had it so easy for so long, won't know what's happened to them lol

WP, you ruined the boys fun here - i'm sure we were getting very close to bottom jokes again  :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2004, 01:12:35 AM »
Weller, Fleming join Richmond exodus
By Lyall Johnson
realfooty.theage.com.au
October 22, 2004

Richmond has continued a purge under coach Terry Wallace, yesterday shedding Tim Fleming and Luke Weller to take the number of delisted players since the end of the season to eight.

Tigers football director Greg Miller said the delistings were required to open up the list for the pre-season and national drafts, where the club is aiming to pick a number of taller players.

"It's probably a necessity to look at a couple of taller players. Tim's done an outstanding job for the two years that he's played for us but with a new coach and a five-year tenure, we are looking to the future," Miller said.

". . . In Tim's case, he had two very good years with us, and Luke certainly didn't do anything wrong last year."

Fleming had been somewhat of a minor cult figure at Punt Road, playing his first game at the relatively advanced age of 24 and seemingly enjoying throwing his weight around the field.

Miller recognised Fleming's onfield aggression would be missed but felt that the other players had to "stand up and fill that void now".

Miller said younger players such as Brent Hartigan, Andrew Raines, Thomas Roach and Daniel Jackson would "all have to stand up and be counted".

Miller also indicated the club had not decided on the future of disgruntled utility Ty Zantuck.

http://realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/10/21/1098316786763.html?oneclick=true
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2004, 07:49:13 AM »
Well I've never confessed to be a brain when it comes to the finer things about football but boy am I impressed with what TW is doing.  No bandaid approach for him - just amputate!!

As for the fitness thing - bring it on.  Any help needed, I'm just a phone call away ;)  Mr. Julz is approaching his late 30's and doesn't have an ounce of fat on him.  Lifting 40kg blocks daily helps though (and no, he's not in jail - lol).  WP - I've never heard of a "swat" machine - do you mean squat or swiss machine?  A swiss machine is what you use for doing squats or lunges with weights on the bar.
 :cheers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2004, 08:51:24 AM »
WP - I've never heard of a "swat" machine - do you mean squat or swiss machine?  A swiss machine is what you use for doing squats or lunges with weights on the bar.
 :cheers

Sorry Julz - typo should've been squat :help :cheers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Cain

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2004, 05:47:38 PM »
lmfaoooooo@Buckley and Tarrant getting tight abs and loose rings

lmfaooooooo@the Richmond gym equipment

1 Tae-Bo tapes
2 The Tony Robbins package
3 The ab-doer and the ab-dominator
4 The Chuck Norris Machine
5 Swiss balls
6 Pilates machines
7 Aerobics Greek Style video

LMFAO at all the late night TV u been watching Jon F
If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2004, 11:35:40 PM »
Hey John F and Harry H

Koutifdies and his old mate Ang Christou wouldnt happen to be the stars of this Aerobics Greek Style video would they? ;D

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2004, 01:51:48 AM »
LMFAO at all the late night TV u been watching Jon F

lmfaooo Cain, where all good quality products are advertised.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2004, 01:53:18 AM »
Hey John F and Harry H

Koutifdies and his old mate Ang Christou wouldnt happen to be the stars of this Aerobics Greek Style video would they? ;D

LROFLAMO spot on T-tailz. Guest starring Peter Andre and Alex Dimitriades