Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 214644 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #525 on: January 12, 2009, 09:23:24 PM »
Tony Shaw was on 3aw again tonight talking about how he wouldn't have picked up Cousins  ::).

When a Tiger supporter called in saying Cousins is going to prove you wrong, Shaw just said "well if I'm wrong I'll put my hand up". Then why make the negative comment in the first place if you aren't willing to stand by it ???.
its called sitting on the fence! if you are wrong you can quickly hide the fact by saying," im glad im wrong, i hoped it would work, just didnt think it would."No balls

Ox

« Reply #526 on: January 12, 2009, 09:24:14 PM »
Tony Shaw is a garbage man by profession. Hence garbage regularly comes out of his mouth. He lives and breathes garbage. If you look hard enough when you watch fox footy this year you'll see how filthy he really is and that he resembles something rotten and insignificant. If he was not Collingwood Captain in October 1990 and thus been given the sympathy vote from a Collingwood friendly media group he would still be cleaning the mucus excretement and vomit from Smith St Collingwood as he did during his playing days. Shaw is merely just another bogan who is out of his depth in the media and his acumen of putting his foot in his mouth is second to none.

:scream   :cheers  :clapping

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #527 on: January 12, 2009, 09:39:21 PM »
Tony Shaw was on 3aw again tonight talking about how he wouldn't have picked up Cousins  ::).

When a Tiger supporter called in saying Cousins is going to prove you wrong, Shaw just said "well if I'm wrong I'll put my hand up". Then why make the negative comment in the first place if you aren't willing to stand by it ???.
its called sitting on the fence! if you are wrong you can quickly hide the fact by saying," im glad im wrong, i hoped it would work, just didnt think it would."No balls

Yep.  If you haven't got any reason or facts to back up your opinion or argument then it is as good as worthless.  Give us the reasons Tony or shut the hell up.  You are the only person I have heard who can make Frawley sound intelligent - and we all know who his coaching mentor was!  :wallywink

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #528 on: January 13, 2009, 12:49:04 AM »
Tuckerbag that is the spray of the year lol.

Pure Gold!!!! :jump

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #529 on: January 13, 2009, 08:58:49 AM »
Tony Shaws coaching record speaks for itself.

I am pretty sure if a Ben Cousins was available when he coached, he'd have jumped at the chance to take him to help his pathetically coached team get off the bottom of the ladder.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #530 on: January 13, 2009, 09:11:01 AM »
I guess its a pretty fine view for Tony when sitting on top of a mountain of garbage at the Tip. We all hear him shout "I am the king of all I survey! (Pause for effect)....oh...is that I half eaten Mars Bar I see before me?? And within use by date date?? It just doesn't get any better than this!!!"

richmondrules

« Reply #531 on: January 13, 2009, 09:41:16 AM »
A long time has passed since he worked on the rubbish truck but he is still shoveling garbage. It's in the blood I suppose.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #532 on: January 13, 2009, 05:28:16 PM »
Cousins' future uncertain: Bucks
AAP | January 13, 2009 04:45pm

FORMER Collingwood captain Nathan Buckley hopes Ben Cousins can recapture his former greatness, but says it is impossible to predict.

The 30-year-old former West Coast skipper, drafted by Richmond last month after a year-long AFL suspension, has not played since badly injuring his hamstring with the Eagles in the 2007 finals.

It was Cousins' third hamstring injury in a two-month period.

Buckley, himself dogged by hamstring problems in the final years of his career, said it remained to be seen whether Cousins could again be the player who won a Brownlow Medal and four best and fairest awards with the Eagles.

"I don't know and I don't think anyone knows," Buckley said on Tuesday.

"Ben would be fairly confident in his ability to play the game, otherwise he wouldn't Related LinksPictures: Magpies on the training track
put his hand up.

"Richmond would be fairly confident in his ability to play an important role in the next two or three years, otherwise they wouldn't have picked him."

But Buckley was pleased that a club took the plunge on a player almost forced from the game by drug problems.

"It's great for the game, we're a very inclusive sport, we're a very inclusive community and we give people second chances," he said.

"He's got that and I think his press conference straight after being drafted was fantastic, I think we heard what we wanted to hear for 18 months.

"He handled himself very well and now I think we should just let him get on and play football and see what happens."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24908054-19742,00.html

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #533 on: January 13, 2009, 09:49:17 PM »
Tony Shaw is a garbage man by profession. Hence garbage regularly comes out of his mouth. He lives and breathes garbage. If you look hard enough when you watch fox footy this year you'll see how filthy he really is and that he resembles something rotten and insignificant. If he was not Collingwood Captain in October 1990 and thus been given the sympathy vote from a Collingwood friendly media group he would still be cleaning the mucus excretement and vomit from Smith St Collingwood as he did during his playing days. Shaw is merely just another bogan who is out of his depth in the media and his acumen of putting his foot in his mouth is second to none.

:scream   :cheers  :clapping

Fair spray indeed, Shaw got promoted after he won the flag - to Tree Surgeon !!

No longer did he pick up leaves, he was given the mind challenging task of actually causing them to hit the deck.

No problem for Tony, he regularly went to ground in his playing career looking for a soft in-the-back.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #534 on: January 13, 2009, 11:41:58 PM »
Cousins' future uncertain: Bucks
AAP | January 13, 2009 04:45pm

FORMER Collingwood captain Nathan Buckley hopes Ben Cousins can recapture his former greatness, but says it is impossible to predict.

The 30-year-old former West Coast skipper, drafted by Richmond last month after a year-long AFL suspension, has not played since badly injuring his hamstring with the Eagles in the 2007 finals.

It was Cousins' third hamstring injury in a two-month period.

Buckley, himself dogged by hamstring problems in the final years of his career, said it remained to be seen whether Cousins could again be the player who won a Brownlow Medal and four best and fairest awards with the Eagles.

"I don't know and I don't think anyone knows," Buckley said on Tuesday.

"Ben would be fairly confident in his ability to play the game, otherwise he wouldn't Related LinksPictures: Magpies on the training track
put his hand up.

"Richmond would be fairly confident in his ability to play an important role in the next two or three years, otherwise they wouldn't have picked him."

But Buckley was pleased that a club took the plunge on a player almost forced from the game by drug problems.

"It's great for the game, we're a very inclusive sport, we're a very inclusive community and we give people second chances," he said.

"He's got that and I think his press conference straight after being drafted was fantastic, I think we heard what we wanted to hear for 18 months.

"He handled himself very well and now I think we should just let him get on and play football and see what happens."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24908054-19742,00.html
Eddie, Shaw and now Bucks. Something tells me a certain only 1 flag in 50 years club is regretting not getting Cousins lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #535 on: January 14, 2009, 02:09:21 PM »
Tigers trying to rein in Cousins

BEN COUSINS has settled so well at Richmond that coaching staff are keeping a close eye on him to stop him overdoing it at training.

Cousins arrived at the Tigers via the NAB AFL pre-season draft and has quickly slotted himself into the culture at Punt Rd.

Vice-captain Brett Deledio said the former Eagle was now just one of the familiar faces at the club.

“Benny’s coming along really well, and he’s fitting in really well,” Deledio said after training on Wednesday.

“He’s pretty much just one of the boys now, we’re having a chat to him in and out of the gym and that sort of stuff, so I can’t complain about how he’s fitted in.

“He’s on a modified program at the moment, and he’ll be on that for probably the next four weeks, so you won’t see him do everything with us, but from what he’s been doing with training, he does set a pretty high standard.”

Assistant coach Brian Royal said the club had to watch Cousins – who has always been one of the hardest trainers in the AFL – carefully to keep him from overdoing it on the track.

“Ben’s been fantastic, he’s done everything we’ve asked of him,” Royal said.

“He’s really keen and wants to do everything at 100 per cent, but we’re just mindful that because he’s missed a fair bit of footy over the last year-and-a-half, that we don’t rush him back and he gets an injury because of that.

“So I guess it’s just managing that and just pulling the reins on him because he’s so keen.

“He just wants to get back to where he was.”

Cousins has only played seven matches since kicking a couple of goals in West Coast’s third flag in 2006, and Royal said the 31-year-old was being treated even more carefully than other players his age.

“The program we’ve got him on is very modified and we’re assessing it day by day, because at times he’ll pull up a little bit sore so we’ll pull it back.

“But as I said, the difficult part is just controlling him, because he’s so eager, and you have to understand, everything he does is at 120 per cent, not just 50 or 60 per cent.

“He’s just got to understand that the age he is, and given the circumstances he’s been under, with not playing footy, that he’s just got to control the way he trains.”

With the NAB Cup almost on us, Royal said he wasn’t certain what part Cousins would play in Richmond’s campaign.

“I’m not too sure – we’re still probably four weeks away from that, so we’ve just got to look at his progress.

“Depending on how his body adapts to the training … but we’ll take no risks.”

http://richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=71268

Ox

« Reply #536 on: January 14, 2009, 02:18:23 PM »
Going by Lids' comments, it seems he's filling the leadership role with much aplomb

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #537 on: January 14, 2009, 03:32:53 PM »

Eddie, Shaw and now Bucks. Something tells me a certain only 1 flag in 50 years club is regretting not getting Cousins lol.
They'll be right. They missed out on Nathan G Brown. They missed out on Jonathon Brown.
They got their man this year, though. Leigh Brown.  :cheers

:rollin  :rollin
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #538 on: January 14, 2009, 04:07:24 PM »

:lol

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #539 on: January 14, 2009, 04:50:02 PM »

:lol

A massive quality boost indeed!  :lol Collingwood really have a love affair with "Browns"