Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 214612 times)

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #720 on: May 10, 2009, 02:58:39 PM »
Cuz was good today.
Shows how poor some of his team mates really are

Stop the presses.......

I agree with you 100%

So team orientated it is scary

Out of all our over 30's (outside of Richo) I keep this bloke. Would seriously re-sign him for 2010 now

I think you get a "development coach" as part of the process without the actual gving him the title

me and WP agreeing. :thumbsup
We can build on this.
And what about the Cuz skills, handball to a teammate , kicking etc.
Compared to JON who missed a handball target by 5 metres when the target was 6  metres  ::)
Nice to read some positive comment on this site. he is the type of leader our midfield needs. :clapping

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #721 on: May 10, 2009, 03:01:43 PM »
me and WP agreeing. :thumbsup
We can build on this.
And what about the Cuz skills, handball to a teammate , kicking etc.

Forget about the kicks and handballs Jack - you've seen the replay, what about the blocks and gut running? He'd handball off and then gut run to accept the next handball in the link that's the stuff I love watching

Loved it when he was at the Eagles and love it even more seeing he is in Tiger jumper

Has been one of favourites to watch over the last 10 years

I suppose with all the crap about him - you forget what a super player he actually is.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #722 on: May 10, 2009, 08:29:49 PM »
cant wait til he is 100% fit and confident, he is a down and out gun

Tigermonk

« Reply #723 on: May 11, 2009, 02:18:22 PM »
Cuz was good today.
Shows how poor some of his team mates really are

Stop the presses.......

I agree with you 100%

So team orientated it is scary

Out of all our over 30's (outside of Richo) I keep this bloke. Would seriously re-sign him for 2010 now

I think you get a "development coach" as part of the process without the actual gving him the title

RFC will use & abuse him likie the long list of Kellaways, Knights, Rogers, Gasper & so on

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #724 on: May 11, 2009, 04:44:57 PM »
Here's video of Cuz on the Nova this morning

http://www.nova100.com.au/site/view/video_gallery.aspx?bclid=11917487001

Cousins questions AFL bump policy
Tim Clarke
May 11, 2009 - 11:16AM

Richmond's Alex Rance and Brisbane's Troy Selwood lie on the ground injured after the collision.

Richmond's Alex Rance and Brisbane's Troy Selwood lie on the ground injured after the collision. Photo: Joe Armao

Ben Cousins has said the AFL's no-tolerance policy on head-high bumps left young Richmond teammate Alex Rance with no option but to throw himself into the horrific head clash which left him in hospital.

The son of former West Coast skipper Murray will have surgery early this afternoon to repair the fractured cheekbone suffered in the head clash with Brisbane's Troy Selwood, which was compared to a car crash by Tigers coach Terry Wallace.

Scans revealed three separate fractures to Rance's cheekbone, which will keep him out for 2-3 weeks.

While the Guildford Grammar graduate was praised for his attitude, Cousins said players were left risking serious injury by flying into contests head first, because of the AFL's crackdown on head-high contact.

"I saw it and automatically thought 'ambulance' - it was sickening. Both were equally committed to the contest, and if one of those guys decides to turn his shoulder and collects the guy then they spend six weeks out," Cousins said.

"And I don’t know what the answer is to that, the rules now make it a pre-requisite that you have to go in with your head - don’t go in with anything else.

"The other option is to take a couple of short steps - and be called weak or soft."

With Richmond 1-6 on the ladder, and more pressure on the future of Wallace, Cousins said another defeat had hit hard - but he felt physically he had come through unscathed

"I felt OK, I played just over 50 per cent of the game but (it was) just disappointing not to win," he said on Melbourne radio.

"Physically I could not have asked to get through any better.

"It is just a precaution, it is a hard enough game when you are 25 and have done a full pre-season - I have missed 18 months of football.

"The next month is about getting the game time in so I can get what I want out of my body."

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/cousins-questions-afl-bump-policy-20090511-b009.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #725 on: May 15, 2009, 06:45:50 AM »
Port Adelaide considered Ben Cousins
Tony Sheahan | May 14, 2009 03:40pm

PORT Adelaide's Peter Rohde has revealed how close the club came to recruiting Ben Cousins. In November last year, Rohde said Port could be interested in recruiting the former Eagle, but said they hadn't discussed it internally.

Today, Rohde - Port's head of football - admitted he and other football department staff spoke about luring Cousins to Alberton to assist them with their midfield, but money and location were two impediments in their way.

"We had discussions about it internally," Rohde said.

"We had the indication he was going to be fair amount of money, but it never even got that close," he said.

Port Adelaide were warned by the AFL and Cousins' manager Ricky Nixon that Melbourne was the preferred option for his rehabilitation.

"The AFL and his manager never said he wouldn't come to Adelaide, but they certainly indicated it would be much harder for him to be in Adelaide, and away from Melbourne," he said.

Cousins' interest in talking to Port Adelaide soared following St. Kilda's decision to overlook him.

"It's fair to say their attitude did change as time went on," Rohde confirmed.

Cousins ended up being drafted by Richmond with the last pick in the pre-season draft.

Port and Richmond face off this weekend at AAMI Stadium in what is a must-win for both clubs.

Port toughnut Dean Brogan has publicly warned Cousins of a fierce welcome on Sunday.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25481281-19742,00.html

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #726 on: May 15, 2009, 08:52:21 AM »
boganbrogan a tough nut , gimme a break, has he ever tried to bully someone over half his size.  wanna se brogan bully say a barry hall of the comp, not little rovers

brogan = wimp

« Reply #727 on: May 15, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »
boganbrogan a tough nut , gimme a break, has he ever tried to bully someone over half his size.  wanna se brogan bully say a barry hall of the comp, not little rovers

brogan = wimp

A good opp for Angus to start a rep for himself.

Get him to take Brogan out and wear the 4 weeks penalty.

:lol

Ox

« Reply #728 on: May 15, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »

brogan = wimp

A good opp for Angus to start a rep for himself.

Get him to take Brogan out and wear the 4 weeks penalty.

:lol

Best thing I've ever heard u say 1965. :thumbsup

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #729 on: May 15, 2009, 04:17:06 PM »

brogan = wimp

Well said. Get big Staffo out to settle any issues Brogan will run away. The guy played Basketball for crying out load.
Go Tigers!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #730 on: May 17, 2009, 06:26:02 PM »
For the Barrett's of this world who bagged us for drafting Cuz I hoped they watched his brilliance today.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #731 on: May 17, 2009, 06:34:10 PM »
For the Barrett's of this world who bagged us for drafting Cuz I hoped they watched his brilliance today.

and his leadership was fantastic.  hope we sign him up for next yr

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #732 on: May 17, 2009, 09:36:45 PM »
like cogs, is improving with ea outing, you can onlu think that his contribution would positvely help the development the likes of cotch, RT and axel, demonstrating what WORKING hard is all about :thumbsup
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #733 on: May 28, 2009, 06:07:40 PM »
With the release of AFL's illicit drug report today it reminds us that Ben has stayed clean during his 6 months at Punt Rd :clapping.

On another note we'll probably have a strong crowd support on Saturday night with Eagle fans barracking for us thanks to Cuz playing.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #734 on: May 28, 2009, 07:33:02 PM »
The WA media have come out in force at Perth Airport for the return of Cuz. They can't help themselves can they  :wallywink.