Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132400 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tambling......We have to let him go
« Reply #600 on: May 10, 2010, 09:51:39 PM »
just asking but

did this guy really do a hammy or did he throw in the towel bc he was having a howler on his 100th?  :shh

Had nothing to do with how he was going on the night - can guarantee it (source = Chutney)

The doctors thought it was a hammy at the time but after scans it was found that it wasn't strained or torn just had tightened up (can be an after effect of compartment syndrome surgery being at higher risk of muscle/leg injuries). If he had played on he could have torn it so the took the precautionary approach

Seems this year unlike last year we dont' send blokes back on if there is a slight doubt on injuries  :clapping

WP, you are undermining this forum with factual, well balanced and unbiased posts! We prefer unrealistic, name dropping, bigoted and racially tainted posts on this forum!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #601 on: May 10, 2010, 10:14:22 PM »
At least the doctors seem to be doing their jobs this season which is good. :thumbsup

Nevertheless the excuses for me this season have ended with Tambling where in other years I may have said a what if but the more I think about the more I am certain trade bait come end of the year.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #602 on: May 10, 2010, 10:53:14 PM »
just asking but

did this guy really do a hammy or did he throw in the towel bc he was having a howler on his 100th?  :shh

Had nothing to do with how he was going on the night - can guarantee it (source = Chutney)

The doctors thought it was a hammy at the time but after scans it was found that it wasn't strained or torn just had tightened up (can be an after effect of compartment syndrome surgery being at higher risk of muscle/leg injuries). If he had played on he could have torn it so the took the precautionary approach

Seems this year unlike last year we dont' send blokes back on if there is a slight doubt on injuries  :clapping

WP, you are undermining this forum with factual, well balanced and unbiased posts! We prefer unrealistic, name dropping, bigoted and racially tainted posts on this forum!

Hardly unbiased, you might find the WP is on Richies Card Christmas list ;) :shh

Ramps

« Reply #603 on: May 10, 2010, 11:23:16 PM »
so what ... these personal vendettas and interests are hurting our club. Everyone should put aside there personal opinions based on emotion etc and call it how it is giving fair appraisals for all.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #604 on: May 10, 2010, 11:25:37 PM »
has anyone met Rich?
The club that keeps giving.

tony_montana

« Reply #605 on: May 10, 2010, 11:31:06 PM »
just asking but

i dont rate tambling at all as a player, hes crap, but all bias aside it was a legitimate question bc u dont often see players missing just a week with a hammy, now tell me:
what part of my post was unrealistic, where did i name drop, which part was bigoted and racially tainted?

lmao at some drama queens

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #606 on: May 10, 2010, 11:35:52 PM »
has anyone met Rich?

Yeah, I've met him several times. He seems like a nice fella. Friendly, level-headed, mature for his age. A good family man. Can't play footy to save himself though.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #607 on: May 10, 2010, 11:59:37 PM »
I have just read all posts on this Tambling thread and just realised Tambling has wasted yet more of my time i will never get back. He has been doing it for 6 years now and it's time to cut our loses.
Richie is a dud and if we get any pick under 40 for him, we would be MAD not to jump at it.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #608 on: May 11, 2010, 12:07:38 AM »
has anyone met Rich?

Yeah, I've met him several times. He seems like a nice fella. Friendly, level-headed, mature for his age. A good family man. Can't play footy to save himself though.
It's a crying shame that such a nice bloke gets picked up by the worst club and loses all confidence in himself.
I hope he gets a trade to another club and does well for himself and his family.
The reality @ Richmond is we need HARD players that wont crumble under pressure.
...... that is until we get player development right.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #609 on: May 11, 2010, 12:16:26 AM »

How bad has the compartment syndrome surgery affected him WP?
It looks to be significant to me.
Just does not have the speed or mobility that we saw from him last season.

If it's not effecting him at all then I am really concerned.

However if it is then like Cotchin, Foley etc. he has a genuine excuse for his poor/struggling start to the year.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #610 on: May 11, 2010, 06:48:15 AM »
Agree with Magic's comments. This year is make or break for him. I think he has never got over the Franklin situation. I believe if he does not pick up this year we will have no alternative but to try and trade him.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #611 on: May 11, 2010, 07:02:39 AM »
Hardly unbiased, you might find the WP is on Richies Card Christmas list ;) :shh

Just goes to show what you know (very little) I am not on his Xmas card list

Another cheap shot  >:(

i dont rate tambling at all as a player, hes crap, but all bias aside it was a legitimate question bc u dont often see players missing just a week with a hammy, now tell me:
what part of my post was unrealistic, where did i name drop, which part was bigoted and racially tainted?

lmao at some drama queens

tony-montana, the comment about bias wasn't being directed at you or your post :thumbsup

How bad has the compartment syndrome surgery affected him WP?
It looks to be significant to me.
Just does not have the speed or mobility that we saw from him last season.

If it's not effecting him at all then I am really concerned.

However if it is then like Cotchin, Foley etc. he has a genuine excuse for his poor/struggling start to the year.

I am not sure MM because it wasn't in the Xmas card I supposedly get ;D

Seriously, though I don't know much about post surgery except he still gets a bit sore after games and that he didn't start running properly (sprints & long distance) until after Xmas . But pre-surgery the actually compartment syndrome was a really bad case.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #612 on: May 11, 2010, 07:21:59 AM »
Surprising about the Xmas Card List there WP ;)

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #613 on: May 11, 2010, 09:08:58 AM »
I really hope you're not this much of a tool in real life, jack.  I would hate to have somebody like you at the club at the moment.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #614 on: May 11, 2010, 09:19:33 AM »
so what ... these personal vendettas and interests are hurting our club. Everyone should put aside there personal opinions based on emotion etc and call it how it is giving fair appraisals for all.

with regards to this player i am calling it how i see it.

we would be better off with a second round pick than Ritchie at our club.

he is a downhill skier and is only interested in cheap possy's at the back of packs.That vision on Sunday night when absolute rubbish not to mention his look at me attempts at a one handed grab of the footy. When was the last time you saw him get in there and get the hard ball and really give a good bump to the opposition. He is a shy little timid girl out there. We dont need players like that.

everyone bagged Bowden for his cheap possy's well watch Ritchie's game and see what he does. He has played 100 games and i can guarantee he didnt deserve a spot in the team for at least 50 of em.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.