Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132394 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tambling......We have to let him go
« Reply #615 on: May 11, 2010, 09:23:09 AM »
just asking but

did this guy really do a hammy or did he throw in the towel bc he was having a howler on his 100th?  :shh

Had nothing to do with how he was going on the night - can guarantee it (source = Chutney)

The doctors thought it was a hammy at the time but after scans it was found that it wasn't strained or torn just had tightened up (can be an after effect of compartment syndrome surgery being at higher risk of muscle/leg injuries). If he had played on he could have torn it so the took the precautionary approach

Seems this year unlike last year we dont' send blokes back on if there is a slight doubt on injuries  :clapping

WP, you are undermining this forum with factual, well balanced and unbiased posts! We prefer unrealistic, name dropping, bigoted and racially tainted posts on this forum!

i dont rate tambling at all as a player, hes crap, but all bias aside it was a legitimate question bc u dont often see players missing just a week with a hammy, now tell me:
what part of my post was unrealistic, where did i name drop, which part was bigoted and racially tainted?

lmao at some drama queens
Tony M, trust me the comment was not directed to you at all! This thread has had some people make comments with racial undertones, and has recieved comments from people who have , lets just say, an agenda against Ritchie! I was merely commenting rather sarcastically that WP is one of the few people who post on here with factual and well balanced comments. Some others post crap and qualify it with a  :thumbsup or a  ;) to add mustard to the story! Sorry i included your post in the quote, you are entitled to your opinion, i just dislike the rubbish that a select few post (and you are not one of them)as it has no factual or well grounded substance  to it!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #616 on: May 11, 2010, 09:27:59 AM »
How can people keep bagging Tambling and not giving him another go this year when a couple of people have already mentioned that he is carrying and injury or still recovering from an injury. Are you the same people that will bag the club for not managing his rehab properly if we move him on and he stars in another team or bag the club yet again for poorly managing him?? There are IMO many more players to move on than Richie and I think you will find the club will not get rid of him, I would be surprised if they do.

All this talk about trading him for second and third and fourth round picks is stupid, why don't we just burn him at the stake for pick 88. Really look at it he was pick 4 and up until now, recovering from an injury all year, he played pretty damn good last year. If you followed the Hawks would you be calling out for Rougheads blood????? Probably!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #617 on: May 11, 2010, 09:55:31 AM »
How can people keep bagging Tambling and not giving him another go this year when a couple of people have already mentioned that he is carrying and injury or still recovering from an injury. Are you the same people that will bag the club for not managing his rehab properly if we move him on and he stars in another team or bag the club yet again for poorly managing him?? There are IMO many more players to move on than Richie and I think you will find the club will not get rid of him, I would be surprised if they do.

All this talk about trading him for second and third and fourth round picks is stupid, why don't we just burn him at the stake for pick 88. Really look at it he was pick 4 and up until now, recovering from an injury all year, he played pretty damn good last year. If you followed the Hawks would you be calling out for Rougheads blood????? Probably!!

WAT you need to start reading posts if thats possible. read carefully. The club would be doing a diservice to us members if we didnt throw his name out there for a possible second rounder. GC17 need a marquee player and while he aint a Buddy or a Nick Ruey he would slot nicely into their team.

If he is injured or recovering, therefore not performing at 100% then you tell me Einstein WHY THE stuff IS HE OUT THERE??????????????????????????

he crosses the white line then he is fit to play i dont see Mick malthouse making excuses for his players because they are recovering from an injury.

Richie has been given ample time to perform regulary at the elite level and 6 games at the end of last season when clubs are going through the motions, does not wash with me.

He is protected from the club IMO and its time he puts up or goes back to Coburg. If you want our team litterred with dime a dozen Half back flankers who are slow then go for it. I would prefer to build a team around players like Martin, Tuck if only he were younger, and Nahas because he shows that tackling is between the ears, got nothing to do with size.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

bushranger

« Reply #618 on: May 11, 2010, 10:11:04 AM »
I have never been a follower of Tambling. I have just never seen what other do in him.
And the longer he is with us the more I have a dislikeing to the way he plays.
I would like to not see him with us next year, and I don't care if he turns out to be a gun for another team.
Just will show that he didn't have his heart in the right place while with us.
So I will be more than happy to hold the door open for him to walk out.
We have put a lot of effort into him and he has really shown very little in return.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #619 on: May 11, 2010, 10:33:55 AM »

WAT you need to start reading posts if thats possible. read carefully. The club would be doing a diservice to us members if we didnt throw his name out there for a possible second rounder. GC17 need a marquee player and while he aint a Buddy or a Nick Ruey he would slot nicely into their team.

If he is injured or recovering, therefore not performing at 100% then you tell me Einstein WHY THE eff IS HE OUT THERE??????????????????????????

he crosses the white line then he is fit to play i dont see Mick malthouse making excuses for his players because they are recovering from an injury.

Richie has been given ample time to perform regulary at the elite level and 6 games at the end of last season when clubs are going through the motions, does not wash with me.

He is protected from the club IMO and its time he puts up or goes back to Coburg. If you want our team litterred with dime a dozen Half back flankers who are slow then go for it. I would prefer to build a team around players like Martin, Tuck if only he were younger, and Nahas because he shows that tackling is between the ears, got nothing to do with size.

Let me first say sorry for not reading every post carefully and agreeing to them, it's just not possible... ::) Tucks not younger why bring him up or are you trying to build our team around him Martin and Nahas, your comment doesn't make sense, Martin and Nahas fine but why bring Tuck into it, do you  have a time machine?? If the club is going to be doing a diservice to it's members by not putting Tambling up for trade then we are going to be diserviced up the arse at the end of the year because there are about another 10 players we could put up for trade before Tambling??

BTW please call me WAT, I think you have me confused with a certain person that came up with the theory of relativity, hang on, have you built that time machine already... ;D

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

jackstar is back again

« Reply #620 on: May 11, 2010, 11:00:54 AM »
I really hope you're not this much of a tool in real life, jack.  I would hate to have somebody like you at the club at the moment.

Good bloke actually :thumbsup LOL ;)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #621 on: May 11, 2010, 11:45:14 AM »

If he is injured or recovering, therefore not performing at 100% then you tell me Einstein WHY THE eff IS HE OUT THERE??????????????????????????

Let me first say sorry for not reading every post carefully and agreeing to them, it's just not possible... ::) Tucks not younger why bring him up or are you trying to build our team around him Martin and Nahas, your comment doesn't make sense, Martin and Nahas fine but why bring Tuck into it, do you  have a time machine?? If the club is going to be doing a diservice to it's members by not putting Tambling up for trade then we are going to be diserviced up the behind at the end of the year because there are about another 10 players we could put up for trade before Tambling??

BTW please call me WAT, I think you have me confused with a certain person that came up with the theory of relativity, hang on, have you built that time machine already... ;D

i understand you have issues understanding posts so ill repeat.

10 players you think should be traded ahead of tambling will not deliver us a possible second rounder at the draft table, maybe higher if GC17 dont have a marquee player.

THATS MY WHOLE POINT. TAMBLING HAS CURRENCY MANY OTHERS DONT. His currency is running dry after performances like he has dished out this year.

You ask North how they feel about Daniel Wells. Ask them if they would've rather he was traded away?

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #622 on: May 11, 2010, 03:08:10 PM »
Your point is valid, but whats makes you think we would get reasonable compensation for him.

I still think he worth a game ahead of alot of others who are getting game, IMHO they are experimenting with his game style and he is struggling with fitness (fades out).

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #623 on: May 11, 2010, 05:58:05 PM »
Your point is valid, but whats makes you think we would get reasonable compensation for him.

I still think he worth a game ahead of alot of others who are getting game, IMHO they are experimenting with his game style and he is struggling with fitness (fades out).

if he is struggling with fitness and still getting a game then we are reverting back to our old ways in playing guys who aren't 100%.

cross the white line you are fit, excuses for him or anyone are not acceptable.

Do i think we would get a good selection. well yeah i do. GC need some sort of marketing and he aint the answer but its better than getting no one. They have picks to spare and we should look at eying off those picks.

we have been experimenting with Ritchie's game style in all 100 games he has played so far and apart from last year he has hardly set the world on fire.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #624 on: May 11, 2010, 06:12:25 PM »
Can anyone out there (apart from Jackster) confirm his latest assertions that;

A he is a good bloke
B he doesn't kick the ball like a girl

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #625 on: May 11, 2010, 06:43:34 PM »
Can anyone out there (apart from Jackster) confirm his latest assertions that;

A he is a good bloke
B he doesn't kick the ball like a girl
:lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #626 on: May 11, 2010, 07:04:57 PM »
David King on 3aw talking about Tambling......

What you see now from Richie is what you'll get. Doesn't believe he'll ever be an elite midfield. Asked him to be something he isn't. He's just a pinchhitting forward pocket at est. That's what he would be at Geelong and he'd not be one of their marquee players. Similar role to Stokes/Byrnes. Not going to be the player we thought he would be.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #627 on: May 11, 2010, 09:55:02 PM »
Yep pretty easy for King to say now isn't it!!

"Rucks:

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #628 on: May 11, 2010, 10:40:36 PM »
I think we need to get Andy D on board on this Tambling issue. Mix the matter in with Andy's public offering of help. Maybe bend the compensation rules and allow Tambling to land us a GC 1st rounder. C'mon Benny Gale, you can do it.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #629 on: May 11, 2010, 10:49:07 PM »
Yep pretty easy for King to say now isn't it!!

i dont care for most of the rubbish that has come out of King's but in this case he is 100% correct.

You all expect some Andy Mcleod dashing half back flanker or a dashing midfielder with pace well guess what he aint gonna be neither.

Average at best