Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132387 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tambling......We have to let him go
« Reply #660 on: May 16, 2010, 08:01:19 PM »
well what can you say about his game. weak insipid pathetic are 3 words i use to describe his game again. 13 possy's :banghead :banghead

Webberley, Nason, and Nahas amongst many others have now gone past Ritchie. He needs a new home and a shrink to help him with his problems. He is not right out there blind freddy can see that.

DH DO NOT SIGN HIM UP TILL END OF SEASON. THROW HIS NAME OUT THERE PLEASE!!!!
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #661 on: May 16, 2010, 08:04:37 PM »
i think at the very least we need to put his name on the table if not to trade but to put him under the pump to step up to the next level.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #662 on: May 16, 2010, 08:09:56 PM »
I still don't believe he's fully recovered and back to full fitness after his leg surgury. He needs to get the miles in his legs to get back to full fitness.
In comparison Wells has only just started playing solid consistent football for the first time and he's 25 years old now.

Gigantor

« Reply #663 on: May 16, 2010, 08:21:10 PM »
sorry guys but i feel we make too many allowances for ritchie.......he needs for the sake of his future ,to produce the goods NOW

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #664 on: May 16, 2010, 08:31:57 PM »
Enough of the excuses.

He's koori. He'll learn. He's young. He's settling in Melbourne with a young family. He's injured.

Enough I have heard them all. If he was a Matt White or a Tom Hislop we would not even bother with the excuses. If he was not a pick 4 we would not say boo we'd say lets get what we can for him and run.

I suppose he didn't have an injury when he kicked that nice goal in the third but magically his ailment flared up earlier in the game and after that goal.

Would rather he not play if he's carrying a niggle because he can't give 100% because of it. Some players can and obviously Richie can't if that is his excuse. Low pain threshold. The way I see it if you cross that white your fit. All sorts of players do it. Richie can't its as simple as that. Excuses have run out lamentably for him. Time for reality to set in.

I really wished Tambling could take the next step. Too hard for him and not upto scratch. 100 game players should be making an impact on games like today not hoping to make an impact.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #665 on: May 16, 2010, 08:35:47 PM »
I still don't believe he's fully recovered and back to full fitness after his leg surgury. He needs to get the miles in his legs to get back to full fitness.

Correct - I really don't think people are fully aware or want to acknowledge the seriousness of the surgery he had over summer. Compartment syndrome is extremely serious and the surgery takes considerable time to get over.

well what can you say about his game. weak insipid pathetic are 3 words i use to describe his game again. 13 possy's :banghead :banghead

Webberley, Nason, and Nahas amongst many others have now gone past Ritchie. He needs a new home and a shrink to help him with his problems. He is not right out there blind freddy can see that.

Now daniel, I know you don't like the bloke you've made that blatantly obvious but if you had your anti Tambling glasses off for just a monent today you would have cheered goal in the 3rd quarter

And hopefully you applauded his attack on the ball in the final qtr and screamed abuse at the cowardly umpire who didn't give him a free and the equally cowardly Hawks sniper that kneed him to head while he was on the ground...

Was he one our best = Nope but he bloody well attacked the ball today and if you couldn't see that then clearly you don't want to

And just on Nahas - it would be nice if he kept his feet. He cost us today as well with his constant going to ground
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #666 on: May 16, 2010, 08:36:47 PM »
I suppose he didn't have an injury when he kicked that nice goal in the third but magically his ailment flared up earlier in the game and after that goal.

Would rather he not play if he's carrying a niggle because he can't give 100% because of it. Some players can and obviously Richie can't if that is his excuse. Low pain threshold. The way I see it if you cross that white your fit. All sorts of players do it. Richie can't its as simple as that. Excuses have run out lamentably for him. Time for reality to set in.
If you learnt about the nature of his injury rather than just rip into him then perhaps you'd understand

Gigantor

« Reply #667 on: May 16, 2010, 08:39:42 PM »
why do we sometimes say that when footballers cross the white line all things are equal,and injury is not a factor,yet other times we say that a player is still recovering from injury...which is it to be?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #668 on: May 16, 2010, 08:40:10 PM »
In comparison Wells has only just started playing solid consistent football for the first time and he's 25 years old now.

well we cant afford to take passengers till they turn 23, 25 or anything really. They either put up or get lost. Ooh and Infamy you cross the white line your fit to play, absolutely no excuses.

As i have said before half hearted attempts have got nothing to do with fitness, its played between your ears.

This bloke has serious issues and IMO and  does not belong on a football field for our club. The longer GC17 cant get their 2 or 3 players the better it is for us with the likes of this spud.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #669 on: May 16, 2010, 08:47:09 PM »

If you learnt about the nature of his injury rather than just rip into him then perhaps you'd understand

Wait a sec Infamy. I understand some injuries are worse than other but if he can't play 100% don't play him since it is that serious as it has been said on here. If you cross that white line you are declared fit and ready to play no excuses. I have nothing against Richie I am still waiting six years for a breakout from him week in and week out from this kid not another litany of excuses on behalf of him.  Just me mate and my opinion nothing personal to you WP or anyone else who want to take a different tact as me regarding Richie. :thumbsup

Going one handed for the ball as he has in all games he has played this year has nothing to do with the injury to his legs of course he may have an injury to one of his arms that you may like to fill us in on. I apologise for the irony in advance also. :thumbsup

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #670 on: May 16, 2010, 08:52:14 PM »
thought tambling was ok today

I would like to see him traded at year end. He has currency

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #671 on: May 16, 2010, 08:53:35 PM »
why do we sometimes say that when footballers cross the white line all things are equal,and injury is not a factor,yet other times we say that a player is still recovering from injury...which is it to be?

Find one post where i have said its okay because a player is returning from injury

Now im sorry that is the way it is champ.

Most on here applaud the new RFC stance on players not playing if they are not 100% well what is it in Ritchie's case. Fit or not?

recovering or fit?

IMO HE IS A PROTECTED SPECIE OF THE RFC BEACUSE OF THE FEAR HIS OFF FIELD ISSUES MAY RETURN.

he cant surely be picked on form

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #672 on: May 16, 2010, 09:01:13 PM »

Correct - I really don't think people are fully aware or want to acknowledge the seriousness of the surgery he had over summer. Compartment syndrome is extremely serious and the surgery takes considerable time to get over.

Now daniel, I know you don't like the bloke you've made that blatantly obvious but if you had your anti Tambling glasses off for just a monent today you would have cheered goal in the 3rd quarter

And hopefully you applauded his attack on the ball in the final qtr and screamed abuse at the cowardly umpire who didn't give him a free and the equally cowardly Hawks sniper that kneed him to head while he was on the ground...

Was he one our best = Nope but he bloody well attacked the ball today and if you couldn't see that then clearly you don't want to

And just on Nahas - it would be nice if he kept his feet. He cost us today as well with his constant going to ground

did i like ritchie's attack on the ball and goal. yes of course. did i like his 6 tackles today or whatever it was. yes.

Do i think he fills a need in our team- NO.

He has currency and his a HFF at best and last time i checked we have plenty there to go around who i would select before him.

We cannot wait around for him to get it right or get his off field issues sorted out. we have a duty of care to help off field yes i agree but not when it comes at the expense of the club if they choose to hold onto him.

No he wasn't the worst but he is is consistently average.

Didnt like nahas game at all today. :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #673 on: May 16, 2010, 09:29:37 PM »

We cannot wait around for him to get it right or get his off field issues sorted out. we have a duty of care to help off field yes i agree but not when it comes at the expense of the club if they choose to hold onto him.

I have to ask - what "off field issues"  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #674 on: May 16, 2010, 09:32:34 PM »

Wait a sec Infamy. I understand some injuries are worse than other but if he can't play 100% don't play him since it is that serious as it has been said on here. If you cross that white line you are declared fit and ready to play no excuses. I have nothing against Richie I am still waiting six years for a breakout from him week in and week out from this kid not another litany of excuses on behalf of him.  Just me mate and my opinion nothing personal to you WP or anyone else who want to take a different tact as me regarding Richie. :thumbsup

Going one handed for the ball as he has in all games he has played this year has nothing to do with the injury to his legs of course he may have an injury to one of his arms that you may like to fill us in on. I apologise for the irony in advance also. :thumbsup
There's a difference between carrying an injury and returning from an injury. Some you should be rested for and we have been overly cautious this year with ensuring players who have a niggle aren't gambled on. With Tambling he's had the surgury, it will take a good 6+ months of running to recover fully from it, but the only way he'll get over it is to keep increasing his work load at the highest level.

It's not like we have anyone knocking the door down at Coburg to take his spot anyway. Clearly the match commitee value his work even at under 100% fitness over anyone at Coburg can offer at full health. Prior to this year and the surgury he was constantly improving year on year. He has a good reason for his drop off and we should allow him to stick around to see how he is contributing at full fitness. We need as many mature bodies as we can get as well.

Even if he stays another year, his trade value will be far higher if he's playing well at full health than to trade him when he's below his best.