Author Topic: Current players have committed to join Gold Coast  (Read 13469 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Thats pretty much my attitude too MM, but then again the compensation would be worth more if was to be gifted a B&F this year.  :whistle

Like your thinking al. Better to get something of value in return than nothing.
However given Ablett's worth pick 26, we can expect something around pick 50 for Trent. :-\

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Thats pretty much my attitude too MM, but then again the compensation would be worth more if was to be gifted a B&F this year.  :whistle

Like your thinking al. Better to get something of value in return than nothing.
However given Ablett's worth pick 26, we can expect something around pick 50 for Trent. :-\

Only in the next couple of year MM  8)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
this is a joke! my friend messaged me saying in The Age, Cotchin has signed with the Gold Coast?

FFS!

>:(

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
From today's Age......

Ziebell's loyalty (re-signing for 3 years) will intensify the spotlight on other Gold Coast targets, including Essendon's fellow 2008 top-10 draftee, Michael Hurley.

Geelong's Gary Ablett, Hawthorn's Campbell Brown, Richmond's Trent Cotchin and Collingwood forward Travis Cloke have also been linked with Gold Coast, which is confident of luring eight to 10 established players.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/jack-ziebells-blind-faith-in-north-melbourne-sees-him-sign-three-year-deal/story-e6frf9ix-1225834081025

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
See Boak he re-signed with Port as well. C'mon Tigers don't let this drag out, we need to act swiftly before the start of the season or listen to the crap all year about Cotchin leaving.... :banghead

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/89888/default.aspx
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Why the hell isn't McMahon's name in the Mix??? Wake up GC17!!! He is an absolute gun!! Just look at the tapes of our Round 18 clash against the Dee's. He is a born Match winner!!  Whereas Cotchin is a useless injury ridden hack!!  :rollin :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Ziebell and Boak re-signing puts more pressure on those that haven't.

Why the hell isn't McMahon's name in the Mix??? Wake up GC17!!! He is an absolute gun!! Just look at the tapes of our Round 18 clash against the Dee's. He is a born Match winner!! 
:rollin

As we know tiga Jordie is good at losing his opponent and his footskills just need to be seen to be believed ;)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Gale doesn't rule out club corporate backers helping to retain Cotchin (H-Sun)
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2010, 03:51:02 AM »
from today's Herald-Sun....

Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale yesterday did not rule out club corporate backers stepping up to help retain Gold Coast target Trent Cotchin.

Cotchin has already been declared as one of Gold Coast's highest recruiting priorities, given his age bracket, skill and leadership abilities.

Gale said the club was confident of Cotchin renewing his contract, and said with the club's corporate clout third-party payments were available to its players.

Gale said Richmond itself could not arrange the payments, but Tigers sponsors or associates could arrange deals through Cotchin and his management.

None of Melbourne, North Melbourne, the Bulldogs or Richmond are believed to have many players with third-party arrangements.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/fines-threat-over-deals/story-e6frf9if-1225834974267

tony_montana

from today's Herald-Sun....

Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale yesterday did not rule out club corporate backers stepping up to help retain Gold Coast target Trent Cotchin.

Cotchin has already been declared as one of Gold Coast's highest recruiting priorities, given his age bracket, skill and leadership abilities.

Gale said the club was confident of Cotchin renewing his contract, and said with the club's corporate clout third-party payments were available to its players.

Gale said Richmond itself could not arrange the payments, but Tigers sponsors or associates could arrange deals through Cotchin and his management.

None of Melbourne, North Melbourne, the Bulldogs or Richmond are believed to have many players with third-party arrangements.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/fines-threat-over-deals/story-e6frf9if-1225834974267

corporate clout?  ;D

we've been 15th/16th for as long as I can recall in terms of corporate income. Only North has been worse in this deprtment.  :help

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
ummm, can someone suggest how the pressure builds coz the others rejected, would tell me he has all the time in the world to decide, as No-one would appear to be chewing up the cap with signings...fair dinkum who do some people think they're kidding ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: 6 current players have committed to join Gold Coast / Cotchin chased by GC17
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2010, 11:44:25 PM »
ummm, can someone suggest how the pressure builds coz the others rejected, would tell me he has all the time in the world to decide, as No-one would appear to be chewing up the cap with signings...fair dinkum who do some people think they're kidding ::)
Media pressure putting 6 names out there questioning their loyalty and honesty plus supporter pressure wanting them to re-sign or worse believing all the media crap and turning on their player because he hasn't re-signed to demiss the speculation.

As far as Tiger corporate backers for Cotch, I believe Ramps is about to set up a new financial advice business in the tax-haven of Bermuda. Send him three easy payments of $49.99 and he'll tell you all about how to make easy money.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Up Yours GC17  ;D

Ramps' new business plan did the trick  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
GC17 miss out another target!

Crybaby Travis Cloke is about to re-sign with the Pies. The Woods have offered him a 3-year contract but Damir could intervene and make him only sign for two years so Cloke can take advantage of free agency coming in.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/travis-cloke-to-reject-gold-coast-windfall-to-re-sign-with-collingwood/story-e6frf9jf-1225838420583

Ramps

Up Yours GC17  ;D

which bright idea did i put forward this time? ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
I wonder if GC17 can't get any big name players to come on up whether they become desperate for some experienced players and pay over the odds for them? Even trading for one of their late first rounders or their first 2nd round pick would be worth something to us. Only problem is we don't have much to trade with  :-\.

Up Yours GC17  ;D

which bright idea did i put forward this time? ;D
Send me 3 easy payments of $49.95 and I'll tell you  ;D