Author Topic: Dimma's dissection (weekly video match review)  (Read 69947 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dimma's dissection (weekly video match review)
« Reply #285 on: April 29, 2015, 09:04:29 PM »
he had a few mates though. we seemed to loose our footing many more times than Melbourne which made me wonder if we went in with the wrong footwear
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #286 on: April 29, 2015, 09:56:03 PM »
he had a few mates though. we seemed to loose our footing many more times than Melbourne which made me wonder if we went in with the wrong footwear

I thought that too Al. After half time alot of our blokes were slipping and sliding as if they still wore their moulds instead of wearing the longer stops. Cardinal sin. My junior coach would always drag us off if we wearing moulds and lost our footing and it was wet.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #287 on: April 30, 2015, 12:32:58 AM »
Did you see in Dimma's video the play where Morris was off his opponent, then fell over and the coach didn't even comment about it?  Protected species!

He commented on it twice :wallywink

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #288 on: May 06, 2015, 12:42:13 PM »
Dimma's dissection for the Geelong loss:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-05-06/dimmas-dissection-round-5

--------------------------------------------

* We prefer Astbury down back but his efforts up forward on the weekend show he can be a swingman for us which we will use.

* We'd like to see Vlastuin become a different sort of Houli. At the moment, Floss is winning his footy in contested situtations. We'd like to see more run and rebound so he can use his elite footskills and decision making more. We'd also like to play him in the midfield but at this stage he doesn't have the tank to play long periods in there.

* We didn't leave Harry Taylor free. Harry is just an elite reader of the play and he used the inexperience of his young opponent Lennon to know when Lennon wasn't going to be used and when he could play off him. We tagged Harry in the second half.

* There's an old saying that you're not as good as you think you are when things are going well and you're not as bad as you think you are when things aren't going for you. All our KPIs are up and improving. We're the only side along with Hawthorn that has won the Inside 50 count in all of our games. It's just that we are making fundamental errors at crucial times (under pressure against Geelong whose pressure was very good). So while we're disappointed being 2-3 and where we are on the ladder, we know we're not far away from turning it around. We need to keep reinforcing this to build up confidence within the playing group.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #289 on: May 06, 2015, 12:49:19 PM »
For a guy with so many answers  he sure doesn't have any.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #290 on: May 06, 2015, 05:12:14 PM »

* We'd like to see Vlastuin become a different sort of Houli. At the moment, Floss is winning his footy in contested situtations. We'd like to see more run and rebound so he can use his elite footskills and decision making more. We'd also like to play him in the midfield but at this stage he doesn't have the tank to play long periods in there.

Completely disagree. We don't have enough players who will put their hand up and wear the hit and do the physical stuff in the coal face. FFS, they can't all be outside runners.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #291 on: May 06, 2015, 05:23:09 PM »
Vlaustin is clearly unhappy with how dikwit wants him to play.

A coach who plays naturally talented guys in unfamiliar roles because he thinks that's what a good coach can do.

We're stuffed.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #292 on: May 06, 2015, 07:00:56 PM »
"I've never known of a professional who spends so much time researching and dissecting problematic areas in their paid occupation, only to go backwards in productivity, nor do I know of any successful institutions that employ such."
                                           {}}{.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #293 on: May 06, 2015, 07:15:11 PM »
Breaking News - Punt Road has just been rebranded:

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #294 on: May 06, 2015, 07:17:21 PM »
It's all falling into place....
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #295 on: May 06, 2015, 08:04:35 PM »
"I've never known of a professional who spends so much time researching and dissecting problematic areas in their paid occupation, only to go backwards in productivity, nor do I know of any successful institutions that employ such."
                                           {}}{.

It's just poor mental hygene.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #296 on: May 06, 2015, 08:10:23 PM »

Completely disagree. We don't have enough players who will put their hand up and wear the hit and do the physical stuff in the coal face. FFS, they can't all be outside runners.

Hurricane Hardwick is spinning his way through Tigerland.  Spin spin spin. Spin for you and spin for me.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #297 on: May 06, 2015, 08:47:54 PM »
For a guy with so many answers  he sure doesn't have any.
Dissection implies a level of understanding, expertise and precision.

Instead, it's like Hardwick is battering a corpse with Tyre brace, and telling us he's making jam
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #298 on: May 06, 2015, 09:08:04 PM »
Stats are killing Dimma. He has lost all the 'instinct' of coaching footy.

Every week he finds another stat that we have won and goes with it.
He would be better off looking at the stats we are winning and work out why it isn't equating in goals.
Perfect example is winning the inside 50's every week and not kicking a winning score. Our forward set up is the worst in the AFL. Not only don't we have someone deep after a centre bounce so if God forbid we win a clearance we have Jack standing 10m off the square with 10 blokes in front of him, we have nothing to kick too.

Also how about trying to isolate players in the forward 50! We have Jack, Dusty and Cotch that could almost kick enough goals between them each week to win most games if we could only isolated them deep.

So sick of hearing stats come out of his mouth.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #299 on: May 06, 2015, 09:15:49 PM »
How about this stat Dimma:
Points for vs points against.  Win that one every week and you'll have a winning team on your hands!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.