Author Topic: Movies  (Read 63955 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Movies
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2014, 12:25:36 AM »
Was a mind stuff that movie, twas good

dwaino

« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2014, 10:24:36 PM »
How you guys going with The Code? I missed last Sunday so recorded the replay last night and just watched it. Really getting good now. The plot thickens. Can't wait to see the next one.

Gigantor

« Reply #182 on: October 26, 2014, 03:13:24 PM »
Went to the Palace cinema in Balwyn last  night and saw the Spanish film"living is easy with eyes closed".
The movie is set in Francos spain in the mid 60s.It revolves around a school teacher who loves the Beatles.In fact the opening scene is him teaching his class English to the words of "Help".Upon learning that John lennon is shooting a movie in the south of spain he decides to go there and try to meet him.Along the way he picks up a girl running away from authority because she became pregnant out of wedlock and the teenage son of a police officer running away from home because he wouldn't cut his mop top.Throughout this movie we are reminded of the stifling conditions people were living under at the time..
At first I thought this movie was slower than a mick Nolan dash down the gasometre wing.However it grew on me as the film progressed and  I started to understand and sympathise with the characters..
The movie had subtitles so might not be every ones cup of tea.Me well I always have a soft spot for anything portraying the 60s an era with so much hope that ended up as nada.
I give this

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: October 26, 2014, 03:15:54 PM »
How you guys going with The Code? I missed last Sunday so recorded the replay last night and just watched it. Really getting good now. The plot thickens. Can't wait to see the next one.

Not yet mate

Il wait and download the whole series and watch it over summer when things are slower

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Gigantor

« Reply #184 on: November 02, 2014, 01:01:56 AM »
Off to the classic in Elsterwick this evening to see the movie "whip lash"The only actors I recognised where JK simmons and Paul reiser.
The movie is set  in New York today and is about a young drummer who enrols at the most prestigious music school probably in the country.The movie revolves around the relationship of this young drummer with his music teacher(the simmons character).
This music teacher is a cross between Adolph  Hitler and Caligula.
This is probably the best movie I have seen in the past 2 years,a most remarkable movie that had me glued to my seat and captivated throughout.i cant sing its praises high enough.I give this

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #185 on: November 19, 2014, 11:07:26 AM »
Wow G! 5 Bill's! That is impressive. Being a drummer myself, I might really enjoy this. Problem where I live is they only have mainstream Cinema's

Gigantor

« Reply #186 on: November 23, 2014, 11:15:14 AM »
Tiga ..if you get a chance go and saw it,dont think you will regret it

Last night I went to the classic once again,with the intention of seing the latest instalment of the hunger games franchise.Once there each session was nearly packed out so was left with either going home or choose another movie.In the end I chose Pride.This movie is set in 1984 UK in the middle of the miners strikes.It involves a group of gays and lesbian who unite to contribute funds to the miners.Initially rebuked by the miners they decide to target a small welsh village,where after some intitial angst they unite to form a bond that lasts well after the strike has been done and dusted.
very much in the feel good genre of movies ,however it would appeal to those with an interest in such issues.(based on a true story)
I give this

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: November 26, 2014, 01:06:30 AM »
Hunger games is worth a watch if you enjoyed the others. Not as much action and seems a bit set up-ish but still was a good watch :thumbsup

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: November 26, 2014, 02:48:15 PM »
My Father-in-law went to see it and he said that if you like to see a woman cry all the time and then shoot a jet out of the sky with a bow and arrow, then its worth seeing.  ;D

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: November 26, 2014, 04:02:06 PM »
 :shh spoilers!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2014, 07:37:55 PM »
Star Wars VII - The force awakens - trailer for those interested ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2014, 12:46:37 PM »
Any of you blokes into Walking Dead? These mid season breaks are the biggest cop out. Probably to give some sort longevity to short seasons but it's crap to watch something for 6 weeks or so then nothing again for about 3 months.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: December 04, 2014, 02:18:55 AM »
Any of you blokes into Walking Dead? These mid season breaks are the biggest cop out. Probably to give some sort longevity to short seasons but it's crap to watch something for 6 weeks or so then nothing again for about 3 months.

Couldn't get into it when I tried a couple years ago but after the constant nagging of a few I'm considering giving it another chance. Heard this latest ep was a good one

dwaino

« Reply #193 on: December 04, 2014, 06:42:04 AM »

Couldn't get into it when I tried a couple years ago but after the constant nagging of a few I'm considering giving it another chance. Heard this latest ep was a good one

Current season (5 I think?) has been absolutely nuts. It did run out of puff for a while being dubbed the Talking Dead but they ramped this one up in terms of writing and action.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: December 04, 2014, 03:47:31 PM »
Walking dead! LMAO  dwaino why do you need to watch a show by that name when we have Grigg and Co continually trundling out for us during an entire footy season.  Surely that would be enough of a fix for you.  ;D