Author Topic: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]  (Read 193006 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]
« Reply #555 on: November 26, 2020, 08:59:11 PM »
I think the RFC turns 1/2 fulls into 3/4 fulls

:clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #556 on: November 26, 2020, 10:06:27 PM »
I'd say our cups runneth over.... :shh
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 03:39:52 AM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #557 on: November 27, 2020, 01:46:23 AM »
Vintage claw. The guy plays his position perfectly, resurrects his career, in a covid covid compromised season and you’re basically saying dud delist because he’s not a 5x Brownlow medallist

LOL plays his position perfectly. What position would that be and what are the requirements for the position?

I watch this bloke just as closely as the next bloke and im sorry i think he is ordinary.
So i disagree with everyone else what can i do to back up my statement other than talk about what i see. Oh yeah there is those pesky stats that back up just about everything i have mentioned.

Stats aside there is not a hell of a lot of difference in this bloke from last yr to this yr.
My eyes told me  He still ran himself into trouble, he still fumbled a lot his disposal was ordinary at times  he still had his share of poor games. Combine that with the stats and taking into account  shorter quarters there was very little difference to previous yrs.

What are the expectations for any winger in the comp, thats his position.  surely its more than just running hard both ways and having a big body me thinks glass half full in all fairness describes him to a tee.

I was a big Kamdyn fan wanted us to take him in his draft yr, and yes i will always like him for playing in two flags for us.
If honest though i think hes nothing more than average at best who doesnt perform many of the roles expected of a winger and as such am comfortable in calling him a glass half full player a player id hope we are looking to upgrade on.

Sorry kids they can't all be stars and the harsh truth is a few of them are expendable imho

If you judged all of our players on stats alone then there probably wouldn’t be any stars in comparison to other teams. If you haven’t realised by now we are a low possession team so you should stop judging the players by them.

The difference between kmac this year to last year is that last year he got dropped from the team, missed the premiership and finished 15th in the bnf. This year he earned his spot back, played in the premiership and finished 5th in the bnf.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #558 on: November 27, 2020, 01:55:11 PM »
Vintage claw. The guy plays his position perfectly, resurrects his career, in a covid covid compromised season and you’re basically saying dud delist because he’s not a 5x Brownlow medallist

LOL plays his position perfectly. What position would that be and what are the requirements for the position?

I watch this bloke just as closely as the next bloke and im sorry i think he is ordinary.
So i disagree with everyone else what can i do to back up my statement other than talk about what i see. Oh yeah there is those pesky stats that back up just about everything i have mentioned.

Stats aside there is not a hell of a lot of difference in this bloke from last yr to this yr.
My eyes told me  He still ran himself into trouble, he still fumbled a lot his disposal was ordinary at times  he still had his share of poor games. Combine that with the stats and taking into account  shorter quarters there was very little difference to previous yrs.

What are the expectations for any winger in the comp, thats his position.  surely its more than just running hard both ways and having a big body me thinks glass half full in all fairness describes him to a tee.

I was a big Kamdyn fan wanted us to take him in his draft yr, and yes i will always like him for playing in two flags for us.
If honest though i think hes nothing more than average at best who doesnt perform many of the roles expected of a winger and as such am comfortable in calling him a glass half full player a player id hope we are looking to upgrade on.

Sorry kids they can't all be stars and the harsh truth is a few of them are expendable imho

If you judged all of our players on stats alone then there probably wouldn’t be any stars in comparison to other teams. If you haven’t realised by now we are a low possession team so you should stop judging the players by them.

The difference between kmac this year to last year is that last year he got dropped from the team, missed the premiership and finished 15th in the bnf. This year he earned his spot back, played in the premiership and finished 5th in the bnf.

What part of i watch this bloke just as closely as the next bloke didnt you understand. After watching a player there is only stats left to check on what you have observed or is that wrong.Is there some other magical formula out there?

Im sure you dont realise we are not such a low possesion team as you think.
 four teams averaged 14 plus possesions per player a game this yr. Collingwood the highest at 14.3
ten teams averaged 13 plus possesions  per player a game this yr us being one of them.
four teams averaged 12 plus possesions per player a game this yr with brisbane the lowest at 12.7 a game.

so from 1st to 18th just 1.6 possesions per player a game on average separates all sides. I reckon you read way to much into here say about us being a really low possesion side compared to most other clubs .ID say we are above at least 4 clubs and very similar to another ten.

What changed with McIntosh this yr? not the fumbles or poor kicks or panic attacks they havent gone away NOR HAD THE POOR GAMES.Im surprised  he actually finished 5th in the b&f but not shocked, lots of players have finished top 10 over the yrs just thru weight of games played. The reality is only about 15 players played more than 80% of games and it goes without saying they are the ones who are going to finish highest in the B&F.

I

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #559 on: November 27, 2020, 09:25:19 PM »
Its just as well that not every player in the side is a star!  If they were all stars we'd blow our salary cap to smithereens, like Collingwood did! 
It takes a few good ordinary players to balance out the list, the fact that we have a few glass half fulls means we can have the top end talent like Dusty, Cotch & Grimes!  3 flags in 4 years proves that our glass half fulls are some of the best glass half fulls going around & McIntosh is one of them!     
Well said and 100% accurate IMO.

My man Georgie is another

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #560 on: November 28, 2020, 12:47:06 PM »
He playshis role well and a great team player. Worked hard to earn his spot and was rewarded. Not perfect but personally with a few others won me another  premiership which allows a lot of forgiveness  in my book

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #561 on: November 28, 2020, 01:49:50 PM »
Unsung hero of the GF ....go watch his efforts in the last five minutes of the second quarter that got as back to within a sniff...was every bit as big as Martin.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #562 on: April 03, 2021, 05:53:29 PM »
Here's the vision of the incident that knocked out Kmac  :(.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/576721/tiger-utility-knocked-out-in-heavy-collision

Ch 7 said the 12-day break until round 5 might see Kmac only miss the one game.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #563 on: April 03, 2021, 09:03:02 PM »
Here's the vision of the incident that knocked out Kmac  :(.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/576721/tiger-utility-knocked-out-in-heavy-collision

Ch 7 said the 12-day break until round 5 might see Kmac only miss the one game.

Good on him for not squibbing it and hats off to Rampe for staying with him until first aid arrived.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #564 on: April 04, 2021, 02:12:33 AM »
"Kamdyn is okay. Haven't got the medical. He’s lucky really. It looked horrible to be fair. I’m just glad he’s walking around at this stage".

- Hardwick's comment post-game.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #565 on: April 04, 2021, 04:25:41 AM »
How the f does a player get a free kick against for being knocked out! SHocking has completely f the game. #getridofshocking

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #566 on: April 04, 2021, 07:32:41 PM »
knocked out or not his disposal was atrocious again. Definately a better option than a few of the soft scaredy cats we have going around but fmd parts of his game remain very poor.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #567 on: April 05, 2021, 05:10:56 PM »
The news isn’t so good for wingman Kamydn McIntosh, however, who will miss the clash under the AFL’s 12-day enforced concussion break.

McIntosh was accidentally hit in the head by Sydney defender Dane Rampe, whose arm made contact with the Tiger’s head in a ground-ball contest.

The club confirmed on Monday that McIntosh had been diagnosed with concussion out of the incident.

Source: The Age

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #568 on: April 26, 2021, 02:39:34 AM »
Hmm continues to be ordinary is lucky others are even worse. Fumbling and poor disposal continue to plague him

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #569 on: April 26, 2021, 12:16:02 PM »
Hmm continues to be ordinary is lucky others are even worse. Fumbling and poor disposal continue to plague him
Agree. Was really poor Saturday night has been pretty good otherwise but like many he had a bad day at the office. I wouldn’t drop him though.
The club that keeps giving.