Author Topic: Jayden Short [merged]  (Read 171391 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jayden Short [merged]
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2016, 04:48:53 PM »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2016, 05:01:35 PM »
Heath Shaw - apparently playing in the NFL these days....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2016, 09:15:43 PM »

How the stuff does anyone know this flogs nickname?

tony_montana

« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2016, 09:16:24 PM »
Really?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2016, 09:19:19 PM »

tony_montana

« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2016, 09:21:05 PM »
Really?

Yes

Everytime hes spoken to on Tv or spoken of, hes referred to as heater, heard it about 20 times

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2016, 09:31:23 PM »

How the stuff does anyone know this flogs nickname?

Guessed
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2016, 11:53:54 PM »
Really?

Yes

Everytime hes spoken to on Tv or spoken of, hes referred to as heater, heard it about 20 times

Do you even go to games ::) :sarcasm

Fair play. Can't say I watch any of the footy related stuff on TV. Skip most interviews before/during/after games too unless they are Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2016, 02:36:02 PM »
Jayden Short on 'Sports Day':

AUDIO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-08-10/short-on-sportsday-august-10th

--------------------------------------------------

Short subsequently was recalled for the Round 12 match against Gold Coast at the MCG, in a new role as a small defender, and assigned the kick-in duties. In eight games since, Short has averaged 18.9 disposals per match. His speed, football ‘smarts’ and top-class kicking skills have combined to make him a valuable member of the Tigers’ backline. And, he’s adapted extremely well to the pressure associated with taking the kick-ins.

"At the start, I didn’t really think about it too much.  I didn’t have much to lose, so I just tried to hit as many kicks as I can. But now that I’m in the team more often, it’s a bit more daunting. I don’t want to miss too many targets and I don’t want to get any goals scored against me . . .”

"One of the better things of my game is my kicking. Down forward, you sort of only to get to have a couple of shots on goal and maybe kick it to a couple of people. But down back, you get to set up the play and try and create a few things and make things happen. The backline’s fun.  I get to back myself a fair bit.  The coach has given me a fair bit of leniency in how I kick it, and where I kick it - just make up my mind up where I go."

"I wasn’t too fit in my first year, coming into the AFL system. I learned a fair bit in my first year and took that into my second pre-season. I’ll certainly be doing a lot of running and getting myself as fit as possible, so I can make pre-season as easy as possible for myself.”

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-08-11/short-kicks-boost-tigers

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2016, 02:59:15 PM »
Jayden Short on 'Sports Day':

AUDIO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-08-10/short-on-sportsday-august-10th

--------------------------------------------------

Short subsequently was recalled for the Round 12 match against Gold Coast at the MCG, in a new role as a small defender, and assigned the kick-in duties. In eight games since, Short has averaged 18.9 disposals per match. His speed, football ‘smarts’ and top-class kicking skills have combined to make him a valuable member of the Tigers’ backline. And, he’s adapted extremely well to the pressure associated with taking the kick-ins.

"At the start, I didn’t really think about it too much.  I didn’t have much to lose, so I just tried to hit as many kicks as I can. But now that I’m in the team more often, it’s a bit more daunting. I don’t want to miss too many targets and I don’t want to get any goals scored against me . . .”

"One of the better things of my game is my kicking. Down forward, you sort of only to get to have a couple of shots on goal and maybe kick it to a couple of people. But down back, you get to set up the play and try and create a few things and make things happen. The backline’s fun.  I get to back myself a fair bit.  The coach has given me a fair bit of leniency in how I kick it, and where I kick it - just make up my mind up where I go."

"I wasn’t too fit in my first year, coming into the AFL system. I learned a fair bit in my first year and took that into my second pre-season. I’ll certainly be doing a lot of running and getting myself as fit as possible, so I can make pre-season as easy as possible for myself.”

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-08-11/short-kicks-boost-tigers

Even though it is undoubtedly a success story in the train wreck of this year I don't think you can play someone forward and then in the backline going off the so called experts on here

tony_montana

« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2016, 08:35:45 PM »
Really want to see this kid tackle more, think he is being taught some really bad habits by the coaching staff

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2016, 09:13:08 PM »
Think today exposed some deficiencies in his defensive work. Once Grimes had to play tall and he had to take Motlop we started to look vulnerable. Saying that, the kid has only just learnt how to play back recently and played on a pretty good forward so he has plenty of time on his hands.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2016, 10:50:42 PM »
His kicking tends go to shyte under moderate pressure.....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2016, 10:53:27 PM »
His kicking tends go to shyte under moderate pressure.....
It did today.
Last week his kicking was sensational, even under pressure.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2016, 08:38:58 AM »
People want deledio traded to play short on a hbf ...

Downgrade
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus