Author Topic: Jayden Short [merged]  (Read 171444 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jayden Short [merged]
« Reply #615 on: March 24, 2022, 06:52:38 PM »
7news just said Short is about to ink a new long term deal.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #616 on: March 24, 2022, 07:17:34 PM »
 :facepalm
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #617 on: March 24, 2022, 09:02:41 PM »
I don't mind if he is staying cheap.

Can always trade a contracted player these days. Just hope it doesn't cost us much.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #618 on: March 26, 2022, 10:47:53 AM »
I have to laugh when hear the same old campaign based on personal opinion on Short. Best small back we have at this point in time imo.
All that is saying is hes the best of a poor crop.And that aint true.
If thats the case then we need to clean the lot of em out and go out and find some decent ones.

Mansell, Stack even Rioli and then theres the two we just drafted Brown and Banks.

He gets plaudits for what. Well last thursday he was handed the ball 21 times and he had the 19 kicks . His role means just about every game he will have high metres gained stats fmd he kicks it 50 metres up the line 10 times and theres 500 metres gained.

The trouble is his kicking is so so overated and he gives virtually nothing else other than being an outside reciever. Fmd just the 1 tackle
and he never ever has a man to defend.

I suppose as long as he keeps on getting the cheap ball and the metres gained people will allow themselves to conned.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #619 on: March 26, 2022, 01:07:56 PM »
I have to laugh when hear the same old campaign based on personal opinion on Short. Best small back we have at this point in time imo.
If thats the case then we need to clean the lot of em out and go out and find some decent ones.

Mansell, Stack even Rioli and then theres the two we just drafted Brown and Banks.

He gets plaudits for what. Well last thursday he was handed the ball 21 times and he had the 19 kicks . His role means just about every game he will have high metres gained stats fmd he kicks it 50 metres up the line 10 times and theres 500 metres gained.

The trouble is his kicking is so so overated and he gives virtually nothing else other than being an outside reciever. Fmd just the 1 tackle

I suppose as long as he keeps on getting the cheap ball and the metres gained people will allow themselves to conned.

Are we talking about a 3 time Premiership player and B&F winner? If i am reading right, we must be discussing a bloke playing 5th grade local footy not a champion of the Club :shh

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #620 on: March 26, 2022, 02:32:27 PM »

Are we talking about a 3 time Premiership player and B&F winner? If i am reading right, we must be discussing a bloke playing 5th grade local footy not a champion of the Club :shh

Yep. Agree 100% Machine.

Shortly delivered when it mattered and was there in each one of our flags.

What’s funny is we have blokes who have played the last year who you haven’t described in your post, that have delivered absolutely sfa and are copping little or no criticism.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #621 on: March 26, 2022, 03:25:16 PM »

Could not have won the 2017 flag without him
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #622 on: March 26, 2022, 05:06:59 PM »

Could not have won the 2017 flag without him

Yep - not one mistake in the GF that year... :shh :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #623 on: March 26, 2022, 08:11:16 PM »

Just so I am clear and you are the one who used stats to criticise Jack Graham

For Graham you use his stats including Total possessions, metres gained, clearance numbers to justify your criticisms of him. You hold them up as the only thing that matters with regard to his position in the side

But with Short the same stats are irrelevant and mean nothing and anyone who looks at them is being conned?

It would seem you use stats when you want for what you want, to suit your argument. Different rules for different players clearly

With respect Machine, Shorty is a 2 time premiership player. He didn't play in the 2017 GF

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #624 on: March 27, 2022, 12:45:17 AM »
In fairness to clawski, Short is an outside player and Graham is an inside mid. You want your inside mids averaging 20+ on a regular basis. Outside players getting 20 kicks is almost a given if they're playing loose in the back half
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #625 on: March 27, 2022, 10:24:22 AM »

Just so I am clear and you are the one who used stats to criticise Jack Graham

For Graham you use his stats including Total possessions, metres gained, clearance numbers to justify your criticisms of him. You hold them up as the only thing that matters with regard to his position in the side

But with Short the same stats are irrelevant and mean nothing and anyone who looks at them is being conned?

It would seem you use stats when you want for what you want, to suit your argument. Different rules for different players clearly

With respect Machine, Shorty is a 2 time premiership player. He didn't play in the 2017 GF

You are correct and thanks for the reminder. Just getting sick of the constant negativity driven towards isolated players- players who are highly efficient and successful, not to mentioned ripping people! 

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #626 on: March 27, 2022, 10:32:48 AM »

You are correct and thanks for the reminder. Just getting sick of the constant negativity driven towards isolated players- players who are highly efficient and successful, not to mentioned ripping people!

I hear you.  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #627 on: March 27, 2022, 11:42:14 AM »
You don’t have to wonder to long why We get crap from opposition  supporters about Richmond eating their own when we start losing. LOL

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #628 on: March 27, 2022, 05:59:11 PM »
Was bloody good today.

Cameron sent De Boar to him when he came on.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #629 on: March 27, 2022, 07:27:25 PM »
Sensational. Those who don’t rate him are watching a different game to me.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.