Author Topic: Rhyan Mansell [merged]  (Read 43020 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rhyan Mansell sent straight to the Tribunal (afl site)
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2023, 06:15:15 PM »
Rough conduct (first offence).

Graded careless, severe impact and high contact and has been sent direct to the Tribunal.

Facing a minimum of three weeks on the sidelines.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/947219/match-review-hawks-skipper-young-tiger-facing-long-bans

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Rhyan Mansell sent straight to the Tribunal [update]
« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2023, 06:17:34 PM »
A joke but no absolutely no surprise
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2023, 06:40:04 PM »
Our game, the peoples game is completely stuffed :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2023, 06:43:05 PM »
What a surprise MRO Michael Christian contradicting himself and his own decisions ::).

In 2021, Joel Selwood and Mansell collided both going for the ball. Selwood turned his body (correct technique) while Mansell didn't going head first (Dimma at the time said it was poor technique). Christian cleared Selwood of any wrongdoing.

The AFL's match review officer has cleared Geelong captain Joel Selwood of any wrongdoing in his collision with Richmond's Rhyan Mansell.

Selwood turned his body while picking up the in-dispute ball on Friday night, inadvertently making contact with Mansell's head.

The incident was scrutinised by match review officer Michael Christian, but he found Selwood was contesting the ball and his actions "were not unreasonable".

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7244031/afl-match-review-officer-clears-selwood/

The Mansell-Aish incident is no different. Loose ball and both players were running at pace from opposite directions for the ball. Mansell turned his body at the last second as he had been told to do by not only our coaches but also by the same MRO only two years earlier. Aish didn't turn his body (poor technique) and came off second best. That's not Mansell's fault.

This is what I would be arguing to the Tribunal if I was the RFC counsel. Mansell showed correct technique going for the loose ball as the MRO ticked off for Selwood only two years ago when it was Mansell on the receiving end. While Aish didn't. We need to educate all footballers to use the correct technique (turning the body side-on) to avoid head collisions and concussion incidents; not punish those players that already do.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2023, 07:44:14 PM »
That MRO guy should be shot (figuratively speaking)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2023, 08:33:47 PM »
I see Sicily off to tribunal too, for what looks like a pure footy accident.

No other option to contest the ball, made a diving tackle and another player sort of collided with them too

MRO is stuffed.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2023, 09:51:34 PM »
Should challenge it , both going for the ball imo, Collingwood cheat  Christian showing discrimination again

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #232 on: June 12, 2023, 08:17:50 PM »
i think mansell should challenge and perhaps get a few more weeks

he is a d grade footballer.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #233 on: June 12, 2023, 08:29:31 PM »
 :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #234 on: June 12, 2023, 10:19:06 PM »
Of course, Whateley on AFL360 tonight was trying to claim Mansell's case was a clear-cut suspension as he does with all Richmond players ::). I had to laugh though when he sought affirmation from Longmuir and Goodwin he didn't get it. Both coaches instead seemed to have sympathy for Mansell saying it's difficult to expect players to make split second decisions.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #235 on: June 12, 2023, 10:29:09 PM »
i think mansell should challenge and perhaps get a few more weeks

he is a d grade footballer.
Strange, he spoke very highly of you

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #236 on: June 12, 2023, 11:05:01 PM »
Of course its a clear cut suspension. Pandora's box has been openedand they can't close the lid now.
They know its dumb but they have to save face by continually making the same dumb decision over and over.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #237 on: June 13, 2023, 09:28:57 AM »
What a surprise MRO Michael Christian contradicting himself and his own decisions ::).

In 2021, Joel Selwood and Mansell collided both going for the ball. Selwood turned his body (correct technique) while Mansell didn't going head first (Dimma at the time said it was poor technique). Christian cleared Selwood of any wrongdoing.

The AFL's match review officer has cleared Geelong captain Joel Selwood of any wrongdoing in his collision with Richmond's Rhyan Mansell.

Selwood turned his body while picking up the in-dispute ball on Friday night, inadvertently making contact with Mansell's head.

The incident was scrutinised by match review officer Michael Christian, but he found Selwood was contesting the ball and his actions "were not unreasonable".

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7244031/afl-match-review-officer-clears-selwood/

The Mansell-Aish incident is no different. Loose ball and both players were running at pace from opposite directions for the ball. Mansell turned his body at the last second as he had been told to do by not only our coaches but also by the same MRO only two years earlier. Aish didn't turn his body (poor technique) and came off second best. That's not Mansell's fault.

This is what I would be arguing to the Tribunal if I was the RFC counsel. Mansell showed correct technique going for the loose ball as the MRO ticked off for Selwood only two years ago when it was Mansell on the receiving end. While Aish didn't. We need to educate all footballers to use the correct technique (turning the body side-on) to avoid head collisions and concussion incidents; not punish those players that already do.
:clapping :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #238 on: June 13, 2023, 03:19:58 PM »
Richmond’s Rhyan Mansell will defend his bump on Fremantle’s James Aish (from 5:30pm).

RHYAN MANSELL HEARING (from 5:30pm EST)

Perhaps the least controversial of Tuesday’s three hearings, Tiger Mansell is facing a hefty suspension after concussing Fremantle’s James Aish on Saturday night.

“I think it’s cut and dry in terms of the report, he turned sideways against James Aish,” Jon Ralph said on Fox Footy’s On the Couch.

“He was a step late, maybe half a step late, but it was clear contact from shoulder to head ... he’ll try and potentially downgrade it from three weeks to two.”

But even Dockers coach Justin Longmuir sympathised with Mansell given the split-second nature of the collision.

“We’re asking a lot of our players and I really feel for Mansell on this occasion, because I think largely he’s going 100 miles an hour trying to contest the footy,” Longmuir said on Fox Footy’s AFL 360.

“And this incident was after we got within seven points and kicked the first two of the last quarter, and the game was well and truly on the line, so both players have got intent until the last second.

“Mansell turns his body at the last second and collects Aishy high, so I feel for the split-second decisions that players have to make in modern-day football.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-tribunal-news-2023-live-updates-hearings-blog-results-james-sicily-tackle-dan-butler-tackle-rhyan-mansell-bump-suspensions-video/news-story/c133cd1a4f1e299dad13b5a6469283d2

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #239 on: June 13, 2023, 05:35:20 PM »
Butler has got off at the Tribunal.

Hopefully, Mansell is equally cleared to play :pray.