Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2021  (Read 138636 times)

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2021
« Reply #345 on: August 17, 2021, 05:35:12 PM »
... Richmond (following David Astbury’s retirement) are others that may look at Daniel Talia, but he’d likely only be a depth player at those clubs with no guarantees on game time given their current key defensive personnel.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/08/16/the-clubs-that-daniel-talia-would-suit-in-2022/
Imo this is wrong. With Astbury retired it leaves us all asking the questions of. Is Ben Miller good enough and if not then two Kpd's are required. I reckon even if miller is good enough the list requires a mature back up and we need to chase a high quality youngster. The other thing is the only othe kpd of genuine height/size is  Bigy Nyuon but he atm looks no where near it. Surely part of of our longer term planning allows for failed draft picks. Especially such late picks.

Our KPD stocks  goes Balta, Miller and Nyuon with Grimes being forced to play the role if Miller does not come on. Thats very few eggs in one hell of an important role with two juniors who we have no idea if they will make it.

Talia as a delisted F/A an upgrade on Astbury if he is playing anywhere near his best  and a short term solution while we develop the young highly promising kpd we take in the draft and allows Miller and Nyuon more development time if they prove worth keeping.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #346 on: August 17, 2021, 07:18:17 PM »
I’d also pass on talia. Don’t wanna go down the path of recruiting almost 30s players rather than giving our kids valuable game time. Especially ones that have just missed an entire season.

Offline OneEyedRichmond

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #347 on: August 17, 2021, 08:43:17 PM »
From Tiger71 on his BF podcast:

"We're gonna target a specific player in mind ...

We're looking at getting established talent in as reinforcement ...

We're backing our existing talent with the talent we bring in."

35 min mark: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1zqKVXqEMrmJB

LOL - Claimed Cerra was a lock to us the other week and Carlscum had been told no.  Couldn't have been further from reality.

he never said Cerra was a lock, he said it’s either us or freo
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 09:27:57 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #348 on: August 17, 2021, 09:25:23 PM »
Tom Morris stating what we already knew on AFL Tonight.

- Gold Coast interested in CCJ.
- Rival clubs believe one of Chol or CCJ is gettable.
- Houli's future (to play on or retire) to be decided in the next couple of weeks.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/afl/afl-tonight/trade-talk-tigers-at-centre-of-intrigue!808257

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #349 on: August 17, 2021, 10:15:56 PM »
Talia is an obvious replacement now that Astbury has retired …. If his body is sound. Brian Lake won flags crossing over to the Hawks aged 31.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #350 on: August 18, 2021, 12:56:49 AM »
Houli should retire. Mansell Rioli can do his role at half back now

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #351 on: August 18, 2021, 02:38:15 PM »
Reece Conca delisted by the Dockers. He was pick 6. This is why I think draft picks are overvalued in the marketplace. So many end up being busts.

Dylan Grimes was a PSD pick, then we draft the likes of Corey Ellis with a first rounder…

My point here is that I’m happy to trade our first rounders for proven quality young players.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #352 on: August 18, 2021, 03:05:01 PM »
Reece Conca delisted by the Dockers. He was pick 6. This is why I think draft picks are overvalued in the marketplace. So many end up being busts.

Dylan Grimes was a PSD pick, then we draft the likes of Corey Ellis with a first rounder…

My point here is that I’m happy to trade our first rounders for proven quality young players.

Heppel, Prestia, Caddy and Lynch were the next 4 picks in the draft after Conca.  Nothing wrong with our pick number we just picked the wrong kid.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #353 on: August 18, 2021, 04:05:26 PM »
RICHMOND

“Callum Coleman-Jones, Gold Coast is just one of the clubs interested in him,” Morris said.

“The prevailing view for Coleman-Jones and Mabior Chol is that one of them is going to be gettable at the end of the year. Both out of contract, both key-position players — watch that space very closely.

“Bachar Houli wants to play on. Does he retire? That might be a decision for the next couple of weeks.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/st-kilda-saints/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-2021-seb-ross-contract-st-kilda-free-agents-mabior-chol-callum-colemanjones/news-story/ef98213e627b42e5974e8a7d8e102025

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #354 on: August 18, 2021, 04:57:31 PM »
so chol goes, which isnt a big loss, then jack the year after leaving a 30 yr old lynch on his own.

good luck with that.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #355 on: August 18, 2021, 05:00:22 PM »

Heppel, Prestia, Caddy and Lynch were the next 4 picks in the draft after Conca.  Nothing wrong with our pick number we just picked the wrong kid.

Conca was a massive reach and was considered as such by the wider AFL community at the time...........Hackson at his worst... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #356 on: August 18, 2021, 05:02:46 PM »

Conca was a massive reach and was considered a such by the wider AFL community at the time.....Hackson at his worst... :shh

beat me to it.

The name Hackson was very prominent during that period, and for good reason.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #357 on: August 18, 2021, 05:56:24 PM »
so chol goes, which isnt a big loss, then jack the year after leaving a 30 yr old lynch on his own.

good luck with that.

Or you know sometime in the next two years one/multiple of the following happens; CCJ develops into a very good key forward, we draft another key forward, we trade for a key forward, we pick up a free agent key forward

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #358 on: August 18, 2021, 06:40:40 PM »

good luck with that.

Or you know sometime in the next two years one/multiple of the following happens; CCJ develops into a very good key forward, we draft another key forward, we trade for a key forward, we pick up a free agent key forward

i think if you followed my thoughts on CCJ, it was a doomsday scenario should he leave as well with Chol.

My post was based on him leaving as well, which i hope doesn't happen.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #359 on: August 18, 2021, 06:53:23 PM »

good luck with that.

Chol is a ruckman not a key forward. But i get where your coming from. We only have two GENUINE key forwards on the list and one is nearly 33 and the other is closing in on 30.

With Astbury retired the KPD stocks are not much better if one questions the viability of Miller and Nyuon. There,s only Balta with games behind him and Grimes could play there for us but ideally you want him playing as the third tall general.

good luck with that.

Imo we need two of those scenarios to happen and one of them has to happen this year if not two.

Reckon CC-J is more a ruckman than a forward. If we want the best out of him thats where we need to play and develop him. again just my opinion. So for me that rules him out.

Draft a key forward is the way to go and not at pick 100000 but with a decent pick targeting a quality junior. If one is available then that  is the way we go then we need to do it asap as we all know it takes time and games to get the big blokes to where you need em even good ones.

Likely scenario is by the time the recruit starts hitting his straps, that is if he even makes it, Riewoldt and Lynch will be gone and we are in the same boat we are now.

Would in the meantime like to see us take a F/A if available even an older one to cover for injury in the short term allowing any juniors we take time to develop in the two's.

Trading for a Genuine key forward is exorbitant and would cut us out of a draft almost. and we need to stay active at the draft table imo over the next few seasons. Simple reason is so many of our better players are coming to the end.

Looking 4 years down the track we really need to start building our GENUINE kpp stocks now. If we are honest right at the moment there is only one quality young tall kpp coming thru and thats Balta.