Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2021  (Read 138575 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2021
« Reply #360 on: August 18, 2021, 06:56:23 PM »
I’d also pass on talia. Don’t wanna go down the path of recruiting almost 30s players rather than giving our kids valuable game time. Especially ones that have just missed an entire season.

What kids would that be.

There is only Miller who could not even crack a game this year and Nyuon who is no where near ready. Surely people are asking the obvious question here of are either going to be good enough.

As for Garthwaite he is not kpd size and is a poor excuse for a third tall. He should be delisted imo.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #361 on: August 18, 2021, 07:36:15 PM »
I’d also pass on talia. Don’t wanna go down the path of recruiting almost 30s players rather than giving our kids valuable game time. Especially ones that have just missed an entire season.

What kids would that be.

There is only Miller who could not even crack a game this year and Nyuon who is no where near ready. Surely people are asking the obvious question here of are either going to be good enough.

As for Garthwaite he is not kpd size and is a poor excuse for a third tall. He should be delisted imo.

Well the 2 you mentioned for a start + any others that we may draft this year. We also do have grimes, balta, broad and at a push Vlas. I just don’t see the logic in people who wanted astbury to retire at age  30 to then wanna recruit a 29 year old who missed all of this last season with injury to replace him.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #362 on: August 18, 2021, 09:05:56 PM »
I agree that we need to bring in more KPD's but I don't want some washed up hack like Talia who we'll be de-listing after a year.  I'd rather draft a kid(s) who will need time to develop, just like Miller & Biggy are doing now.  I'd rather invest in youth than try to patch holes, we all know patching holes with more patches & creating even more holes just doesn't work.

Bring on the kids!      :cheers   
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #363 on: August 18, 2021, 10:34:13 PM »
My humble opinion is you only recruit players who are top 10 players who are mid 20’s or younger if your giving up draft picks. As mentioned by someone , if a player comes in to plug a hole for a year means you have the same problem in a year or two and you don’t develop young players or they start looking elsewhere. The exception who be a Hodge type when you only have kids.
We have a good hand this year and we should use it to bring a whole lot of players at the same age group and development stage into the club, I hope I’m wrong but we may have to do a bit of a rebuild in the next few years

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #364 on: August 18, 2021, 10:41:16 PM »
From the Big Footy podcast trade show tonight...make of it all what you will....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOtXimY_G78

:shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #365 on: August 18, 2021, 10:43:04 PM »
Don't wanna listen.

What's it say?

Offline OneEyedRichmond

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #366 on: August 18, 2021, 10:48:13 PM »
Don't wanna listen.

What's it say?

Plan A - Hopper, Plan B - Green
at the end T71 put his balls on the line and said if we dont get green this year then 💯 we’ll get him next year.

Also said 80% Narkle , and 60% for Lipinski/Wallis

Said both chol & CCJ gone

1st round picks we’ll get midfielder and defender in the draft

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #367 on: August 18, 2021, 11:11:07 PM »
Thats not putting his balls on the line. That is putting 12 months on top of his call so people forget he ever said it
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #368 on: August 18, 2021, 11:40:03 PM »
If there's any merit to it then it sounds like the club wants to have a crack at another flag

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #369 on: August 18, 2021, 11:54:52 PM »
Thats not putting his balls on the line. That is putting 12 months on top of his call so people forget he ever said it

"Tom Green will end up a Richmond at some point in the future..." is not really that big of a call anyway....:shh :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #370 on: August 19, 2021, 08:02:43 AM »
From the Big Footy podcast trade show tonight...make of it all what you will....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOtXimY_G78

:shh
Summary:

- We're going to regenerate our midfield.

- We're keen on trading for an inside mid, a winger and a small forward.

- Likely to trade in two players and then hit the draft hard.

- We'll pick up a mid and a defender with our first two picks in the draft.

- We've "hid" a kid that is a first rounder but we'll pick him up with a second rounder.

- No trading our top 10 first round pick.

- Hoping to move up the draft using our other late first rounder and later 2nd or 3rd rounder. Other clubs need the draft points.

- Happy to trade our future 2022 first rounder as there's a belief we will bounce back hard.

- Still not out of the Cerra race but he would have to accept less than what others are offering. Hardwick has met with Cerra twice. If we could get Cerra with a future first rounder + one of this year's 3rd rounders we would do it.

- Having said that he doesn't think Cerra will end up at Richmond as we are more interested in shaking the GWS tree now that Josh Kelly has re-signed on a big contract.

- We've interested in Hopper. Willing to offer a first round pick. Other clubs looking at him too. Hopper is plan A. Green is plan B.

- Green is a "lock". If we don't get him this year then we'll get him next year. We've offered a first rounder.

- Narkle: 80% chance. Demographically can put on size. Inconsistent but can be developed. Believe he'll be like Stack or Bolton where he will be better for us at AFL level than VFL level. Not going to cost us much. Surprised if he doesn't pick us.

- Wallis: 60% chance. Name won't go away. A bridge until our younger mids step up. Elite inside/contested ballwinner. Yes he has weaknesses but he's elite at his one wood. Won't cost must either.

- Lipinski: 60% chance. Tracting him if we miss out on Cerra. We like his outside work and would develop him as a wing. Nice penetrating kick.

- Billings: Heard we're interested but not confirmed by his "main guy". Watch this space. Hardwick loves him/that type. We'd play him as a small forward. Depends if he comes cheap.

- Lochie O'Brien: name has been mentioned a couple of times. We think Carlton has botched his development. He was an early pick. We'd turn him into a winger.

- Taranto is a no. He'll stay at GWS.

- Mitchell is a no. Hawthorn would have to accept a 3rd rounder plus pay 80% of his salary. Not realistic.

- Matt Crouch: we've got the call in but if he's like his brother he'll chase the money. He also checked out of the Crows this year so that's a red flag.

- Talia: body broken. Not bringing in a 30 y.o. unless he's absolute gun. Club believes we have developing backs. Target backs in the draft not the trade table.

- Constable: no nothing.

- Dan Rioli is not going anywhere.

- Caddy had things going on this year that Tiger71 wouldn't mention. He's contracted for 2022 so don't be surprised if he plays 18 games next year. However, we're open to trading Caddy. If Hopper comes to Punt Rd then Caddy should be nervous.

- Coleman-Jones 90% gone. Going to GWS. Brisbane, Essendon and Geelong have also looked at him. Like to keep him  but we can't match other club's offers.

- Chol going to Gold Coast.

- Cumberland not being delisted.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #371 on: August 19, 2021, 09:33:43 AM »
How do we keep our top 10 pick and get Hopper or Green?

Could only do it if we use next year's first or CCJ

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #372 on: August 19, 2021, 10:07:12 AM »
How do we keep our top 10 pick and get Hopper or Green?

Could only do it if we use next year's first or CCJ

CCJ might want to go.

At a minimum I think it would take 2 firsts + CCJ, probably more.

If we aren't trading our first pick this year, and are hoping to upgrade #17, then it sorta looks impossible.

Personally I'd offer our first 2 picks this year + CCJ and see what they say.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #373 on: August 19, 2021, 10:16:06 AM »
if ccj goes we are stuffed, mark my words.

the only caveat to that is if we get greene in the process.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #374 on: August 19, 2021, 11:43:59 AM »
The kid we’re trying to hide is Zac Taylor.
Not so much trying to hide him, just hoping we get get him with a late second round pic.
Watch this space………

Zac Taylor (Calder Cannons)
180cm/74kg | Midfielder