Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Crows?  (Read 5771 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week against the Crows?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2023, 12:36:07 PM »
I think we need more pace in the side.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Clarke or Ralph-Smith at some stage

Agreed.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2023, 01:46:36 PM »
Cumberland was terrible yesterday- most disappointing is the only word. As Dimma said, he has some things to work on to make him a better player. This would include not being so selfish and defensive running being added to his game. Nail this and he could be something special.
And yet he was superb in the 8 games he played last year. You want a goal kicker then you want them to be just a bit selfish.
Have seen nothing wrong with his defensive running when in the seniors.
Reckon its a bit of the Dimma said so so it must be so mentality.

Keep going the way we have Cumberland will be another who will just want to play somewhere else. Reckon anyone would be deflated in Cumberlands shoes Just about every one bar Dimma thinks he should have been picked.

8 goals from 66 fwd entries we don't hear dimma talk about that do we. And where was all this so called defensive poo from Mansell who replaced him..
Really wish posters would look for themselves rather than just following what the club puts out.

Hardwick was copping it over not selecting Cumberland and he comes up with the oh we think he has to work on a few things line to justify the decision.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2023, 02:07:35 PM »
Cumberland was terrible yesterday- most disappointing is the only word. As Dimma said, he has some things to work on to make him a better player. This would include not being so selfish and defensive running being added to his game. Nail this and he could be something special.
And yet he was superb in the 8 games he played last year. You want a goal kicker then you want them to be just a bit selfish.

Keep going the way we have Cumberland will be another who will just want to play somewhere else. Reckon anyone would be deflated in Cumberlands shoes Just about every one bar Dimma thinks he should have been picked.

8 goals from 66 fwd entries we don't hear dimma talk about that do we. And where was all this so called defensive poo from Mansell who replaced him..
Really wish posters would look for themselves rather than just following what the club puts out.

Hardwick was copping it over not selecting Cumberland and he comes up with the oh we think he has to work on a few things line to justify the decision.

Watch is what I do and did that's how I ascertained he was very ordinary in his performance Thursday. You need team balance as you can't have too many who don't run defensively- it's worked well enough for 3 flags since 2017 :shh
The practice match against the Dees a few weeks ago, Jack was trying to direct him all game, both positioning and set ups. It was compelling viewing as Jack was getting somewhat frustrated at the continued bad positioning by Noah. I think he needs to study the game plan  :shh
Again, at the game Mansell played his role as requested. This is not to say he can't be replaced, it's saying he played his role as a team player. 

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2023, 02:22:58 PM »
OUTS: Mansell, Ross (sub)

INS: Clarke, Dow (sub)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2023, 02:56:16 PM »

Watch is what I do and did that's how I ascertained he was very ordinary in his performance Thursday. You need team balance as you can't have too many who don't run defensively- it's worked well enough for 3 flags since 2017 :shh
The practice match against the Dees a few weeks ago, Jack was trying to direct him all game, both positioning and set ups. It was compelling viewing as Jack was getting somewhat frustrated at the continued bad positioning by Noah. I think he needs to study the game plan  :shh
Again, at the game Mansell played his role as requested. This is not to say he can't be replaced, it's saying he played his role as a team player.

You make me laugh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2023, 02:10:19 PM »
Crows looking really good so far today.  Giants not so great but we certainly have our work cut out for us next week

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2023, 04:39:48 PM »
Crows looking really good so far today.  Giants not so great but we certainly have our work cut out for us next week

This post aged well 😂😂
Unleash the tornado

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2023, 06:11:10 PM »

This post aged well 😂😂

Admittedly the crows did have 30 scoring shots.

We will need to pull a finger out or they will beat us comfortably.

Offline George

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2023, 07:29:33 PM »

Dimma did talk about if50s

The poor conversion rate And how Carlton dropped deep to defend

Offline George

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2023, 07:31:46 PM »

Still not sold pies make finals

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2023, 07:56:39 PM »
I didn’t think Mansell had a poor game , seem to get his hands on it a few times  at the end of the game. He plays a defensive role and no one thought he was going to kick multiple goals which is the concern. I think the coaches think that a manic forward defence is the best strategy for the club.
 I don’t understand why Cumberland can’t be played with instructions to play a forward defence role on the opposition designated runner out of the backline because he is a natural goal sneak and is likely to get a couple of goals.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2023, 08:45:33 PM »
Had another look at the game and i can honestly say if Gibcus or Tarrant was available id drop Balta the bloke doesnt have a clue.

Gunna stick to my guns and say there was some horrid performances and changes need to be made.

Those changes for me are.
 INS -   Tarrant if fit  not clear on where he is at.

Sonsie this kid is again being wasted in the two's just like last year. But hey Hooch Hardwick has to play his faves.

Cumberland every single day of the week over Mansell as a fwd. Fmd give me a bloke who kicks two a week has pace and tackles damn well and has shown in the 8 games he played there is nothing wrong with his defensive game  over  Mansell.

Clarke sheesh another kid who is quick has natural fwd temperament  knows how to snag a goal and has a great tank so can be played in other roles if need be.. It is so so clear old Hooch is desperately finding ways to defend his decisons to keep his old favorites in the team. Geez Sonsie and Clarke can at least hit a target going fwd.

Last one can anyone tell me what this kid has done not to warrant a game in Ryan.
FFS  hooch you dont pick em just because it means an average favorite may miss out. The biggest most glaring weakness we have and we have a kid who has done everything right to get a game who can help with it, but the coach and the selectors cannot bring themselves to play him because that would mean they have to drop old favorites they have got too close to.
That last sentence imo is what is wrong. It is why so few long term coaches go on to be good list builders after the first time round. They just get too close to the players they have had success with, that my opinion anyway.

Fair dinkum if we keep down this path we can all look fwd to many years near the bottom and most will be wondering what the hell went wrong. We can look fwd to more promising kids looking fwd to opportunity elsewhere too.

For what its worth my team next week and it should have been very similar this week except Tarrant who was obviously injured.

Vlastuin - Tarrant - Grimes. Just speaks for itself.
Broad - Miller/Balta  - Rioli. Balta has been so poor for ages so this is not based on one game. if supporters are not becoming concerned then they are kidding themselves. Reckon id even consider Tyler Young atm. Balta's name is there because they won't drop him.

Pickett - Hopper - Clarke/McIntosh.  Yes they don't have the guts or see the real need to find better than Macca lets talk about the lack of polish in the team eh Hooch.
Nankervis - Taranto - Bolton. Three big bodies onball mid  with the aim to get it in Boltons hands.

Cumberland - Lynch - Sonsie. Fair dinkum i find it crazy we cannot play Sonsie!!!! Instead we play  plodders instead. If not Sonsie at h/f then Clarke. The defenders of all things Richmond know deep down it was a big mistake not playing Cumberland and even the coach was lamenting the lack of polish. He should also be lamenting the lack of natural goal kickers when we manage just 8 goals in 66 fwd half entries.

MRJ - Riewoldt - Ryan/Dusty

Gunna keep banging on about it all the way up to selection next week. What part of just 8 goals from 66 fwd entries do people not understand including old Hooch.

The team above clearly addresses the problems fwd of centre and those polish problems Hooch spoke about.
They also add pace height and marking power.

Martin/Ryan - Cotchin - Prestia - Baker/Graham  .  Liam is lucky after the first game so make him sub. Three very very good  30 plus year olds impacting off the bench who were very servicable game one. Also  i dont have a problem with Dusty starting in the fwd half for Samson. Samson  gives Nank a chop out and gives us a genuine tall presence with his marking fwd. Thats something we so desperately need to develop.

Outs well they wont be liked and imo Graham would be really stiff after thursday night so kept him in.

We have obvious deficiencies so ffs lets hope they do something about it or at least try and do something about them rather than just sticking with and making up new roles for old faves.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 09:03:22 PM by the claw »

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2023, 09:35:07 PM »
IN: Sonsie, Clarke, Ryan, Cumberland

OUT: Ross, McIntosh, Mansell, Cotchin

Round 2 Team v Adelaide

B:     Grimes (C)     Balta     Vlastuin

HB:     D.Rioli     Miller     Baker

C:     Clarke     Prestia     Pickett

HF:     Bolton     Martin     Sonsie

F:     Riewoldt     Lynch     M.Rioli

R:     Nankervis (C)     Graham     Taranto

I:     Broad     Cumberland     Ryan     Hopper

Sub:     Short

This should be the team.

But we know Hardwick plays his favourites.

We need pace, skill and composure with the football. Oh and a new tall forward that jumps for marks.

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2023, 10:33:59 PM »
Out: Mansell, Ross, Riewoldt (Rested)

In: Sonsie, Clarke, Ryan

Unlucky Dow.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2023, 12:55:21 AM »
Out: Mansell, Ross, Riewoldt (Rested)

In: Sonsie, Clarke, Ryan

Unlucky Dow.

Rested for round 2?
Gunna be a very long year for Jack if that’s the case
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 10:39:05 AM by Damo »