Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Crows?  (Read 6000 times)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week against the Crows?
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2023, 06:43:57 PM »
Cumberland is a lazy player with little defensive running....

I've heard it all now, I really have.

What the stuff is that comment even based on?

Take the time to watch him in the VFL!!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2023, 07:05:27 PM »
My understanding is Hooch Hardwick can't  play both Martin and Cumberland in the same because they have the same roles.
Nothing to do with defensive pressure.
Have you heard anything so stupid we cant play Martin a mid/fwd and Cumberland a pure goal kicking fwd in the same team.
It is stupidity at its best or in this case worst.

Like Cotchin what is wrong with playing Martin in his normal roleallowing Cumberland to ply his craft as a forward.
They can say what they want but to me Dusty's role has hardly changed the entire length of his career he played mostly fwd of centre anyway and if defence is a team concern then dusty doesnt have a defensive bone in his body so why is he getting a game. If it is a new role then you would describe it as Lamberts old role and that role should have gone to one of Sonsie or Clarke.

The whole thing is just utter nonsense and has nothing to do with Dusty and his role imo. Its all about finding space in the team for blokes like Short and a few other faves.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2023, 07:05:54 PM »

I watched him play AFL mate. What you describe him as is a pathetic slur on a guy that is a very talented and hardworking young fella
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2023, 07:20:57 PM »

I watched him play AFL mate. What you describe him as is a pathetic slur on a guy that is a very talented and hardworking young fella

:lol Hardy a slur. Unless you’re willing to watch, at times both levels, i can’t see how you could comment on the 2023 version of Cumberland. Again, i would prefer he plays but he isn’t at the moment.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2023, 07:31:58 PM »

:lol Hardy a slur. Unless you’re willing to watch, at times both levels, i can’t see how you could comment on the 2023 version of Cumberland. Again, i would prefer he plays but he isn’t at the moment.

Calling him a lazy player is a slur though mate. You make him out to be something he's not.

Kid busted his ass for us last season and was tough as dogs nuts.

I don't need to get down to VFL practice matches to make up my mind about what he brings to the table. And hanging off every word of some blokes that watch 2's football isn't what I base my opinions on tbh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2023, 09:54:27 PM »
My understanding is Hooch Hardwick can't  play both Martin and Cumberland in the same because they have the same roles.
Have you heard anything so stupid we cant play Martin a mid/fwd and Cumberland a pure goal kicking fwd in the same team.

Actually perhaps it has everything to do with defensive pressure.

Defensive pressure isn't exactly one of Dusty's strengths. So not sure we can afford to have 2 mid size forwards allowing the ball to be "sling shot" out of defence. Maybe that's why they played Mansell? Dusty didn't spend much time forward of centre, he played deep for most of the game so clearly the plan is to play him forward

Personally I'd be playing Cumberland rather than Mansell especially considering how much pressure Graham brings
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2023, 10:46:45 PM »

Actually perhaps it has everything to do with defensive pressure.

Defensive pressure isn't exactly one of Dusty's strengths. So not sure we can afford to have 2 mid size forwards allowing the ball to be "sling shot" out of defence. Maybe that's why they played Mansell? Dusty didn't spend much time forward of centre, he played deep for most of the game so clearly the plan is to play him forward

Personally I'd be playing Cumberland rather than Mansell especially considering how much pressure Graham brings

Cmon William in the 8 games Cumberland actually played in last year his defensive pressure was never an issue.
All of a sudden Hooch is trying to fit in favorites and defensive pressure is an issue.

Its just bull dust mate. They are just trying to justify not playing Cumberland and imo lying about it.

I have rarely criticised Hardwick here but fair dinkum when it comes to kids, roles and favorites he has lost the plot.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2023, 11:03:00 PM »
It's a crap reason and probably not the real reason. Cumberland must have screwed the wrong Mrs over summer.

His defensive pressure at AFL level was good and if he's lazy playing VFL I would suggest he knows he should be playing at AFL level and maybe he's peeed off. Maybe not the attitude coaches want to see but can you blame him? He was sensational last year and most here were tipping a 40+ goal season for him this year.

If he doesn't get games I reckon he has a right to be peed. Won us games in '22.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2023, 11:19:07 PM »
It's a crap reason and probably not the real reason. Cumberland must have screwed the wrong Mrs over summer.

His defensive pressure at AFL level was good and if he's lazy playing VFL I would suggest he knows he should be playing at AFL level and maybe he's peeed off. Maybe not the attitude coaches want to see but can you blame him? He was sensational last year and most here were tipping a 40+ goal season for him this year.

If he doesn't get games I reckon he has a right to be peed. Won us games in '22.

100% on board with that.

Lets just say Cumberland was Castagna and one of Hardwicks favorites he would just automatically be picked.
Last year and now this year if anyone asked me if Hardwick needs to go id say yes because it is clear he cannot look past the old blokes who got him flags despite how poor they are going or by playing then how much they stuff up structure.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2023, 05:43:52 AM »
Team Whispers Round 2

RICHMOND forward Noah Cumberland — a surprise omission from the Tigers’ Round 1 team — might have to bide his time at VFL level as the Tigers prepare to face Adelaide.

Rhyan Mansell had a quiet game against Carlton and could lose his spot, but it’s unlikely he’ll be replaced by Cumberland, who plays a similar structural role to superstar Dustin Martin, according to coach Damien Hardwick.

Jack Ross, who was the sub against Carlton, could come in for Mansell.

ADELAIDE will need to replace versatile forward Shane McAdam due to suspension.

Ned McHenry and Lachlan Murphy both had strong outings in a SANFL trial game, but the Crows could go tall to stretch Richmond’s defence and name Riley Thilthorpe, who booted four goals and took several contested marks.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-team-news-whispers-updates-for-round-2-2023-afl-news-2023-round-2-teams-selections-squads-supercoach/news-story/6caf09c8e63b35e169ab45946ee2fe6c

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2023, 09:13:36 AM »
They'd be mad not to play Thilthorpe.

Good pedigree, magoo form and with our defence a bit short right now it would be an easy decision.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2023, 09:16:37 AM »
I coming to the conclusion we must have two Cumberlands in the side, the one that plays AFL that most of us see and know and is a potential gun and the other one who plays in the twos and is a lazy bastard that only the RFC/The machine sees.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2023, 11:45:37 AM »
I coming to the conclusion we must have two Cumberlands in the side, the one that plays AFL that most of us see and know and is a potential gun and the other one who plays in the twos and is a lazy bastard that only the RFC/The machine sees.

It's interesting but last year before he got selected for the AFL one of the things most who had watched him at VFL level highlighted 2 things that was likely holding him back 1/ was his "selfishness" and 2/ was lack of defensive pressure especially not chasing
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tony_montana

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2023, 03:30:19 PM »

Substitute Martin for Reiwoldt, that's the real reason imo and Dimma won't want to highlight it which will put the spotlight on Reiwoldt

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2023, 03:56:53 PM »
Dimma confirmed in his presser today that Tarrant isn't right yet.