Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 215798 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #1125 on: June 24, 2010, 09:49:32 PM »
Ball in Cousins' court: Hardwick
richmondfc.com.au
By Luke Homesby
Thu 24 June, 2010

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick says Ben Cousins’ destiny is in his own hands as Richmond embarks on its mid-season break.

Cousins has hit a rich vein of form that has mirrored his side’s in recent weeks, prompting calls for the 31-year-old to carry on for at least one more season.

But Hardwick said no decision would be made on Cousins’ future until the 2010 season is over.

“That ball’s entirely in Ben’s court. His last three to four weeks have been very, very good. He was probably pretty slow at the start, I reckon his first five or six rounds weren’t great but he did have an interrupted pre-season so we’ll make a decision towards the end of the year,” Hardwick said.

“That will be a list management decision but he is doing all he can to propel himself forward.”

The Tigers have won three of their past four games which their coach says is the result of having inner-belief.

“After the Hawthorn game our guys found a standard they were really happy with and they built on that. It’s amazing, belief in a footy club is such an important factor and confidence within a player is even more so,” he said.

“Our group at the moment is going well, we’ve still got a fair way to go but we’ve made some inroads, no doubt.”

Hardwick says there was no reason the Tigers had to spend a few more years at the bottom of the ladder before their re-emergence, pointing to the rapid rise of Fremantle as an example to aspire to.

“You’ve only got to look at Fremantle. Their personnel over the course of 12 months didn’t change that much but all of a sudden they’ve become a top four side,” he said.

“The belief in winning games and the momentum of winning games certainly propels you forward at a rapid rate.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/96900/default.aspx

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1126 on: June 25, 2010, 08:01:07 AM »
“You’ve only got to look at Fremantle. Their personnel over the course of 12 months didn’t change that much but all of a sudden they’ve become a top four side,” he said.

“The belief in winning games and the momentum of winning games certainly propels you forward at a rapid rate.”

It seems more and more that Hardwicks beliefs are at odds with a number of posters here. I wonder how long until the movement to replace him Dean Bailey kicks in. 
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1127 on: June 27, 2010, 05:57:44 PM »

It seems more and more that Hardwicks beliefs are at odds with a number of posters here. I wonder how long until the movement to replace him Dean Bailey kicks in. 

Well you would expect him to remain positive and upbeat - as he should. I'm sure no-one will be complaining if we are top 4 next year - pro tank or not!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1128 on: June 28, 2010, 07:02:32 AM »
Cousins played clearly his best game of the year against Brisbane.
Will have to maintain that form to stay on the list.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1129 on: June 29, 2010, 03:54:11 PM »
Cotchin wants Cousins to play on

* Rebecca Williams
    * June 29, 2010 12:54PM

RICHMOND midfielder Trent Cotchin says Ben Cousins still has a lot to offer the Tigers and hopes he will play on next season.

Cousins has played a role in the Tigers' revival in the past month, but the veteran midfielder's future beyond this season remains unclear.

Cotchin said today Cousins, 32 tomorrow, had been an invaluable in helping the young Tigers develop their game.

"He has been terrific for us as a young group,'' Cotchin said today.

"His knowledge of the game is second to none and it's important for us to learn as much we can off him.

"I would be happy for him to go around again. He's obviously showing that he still can play the game and it's exciting for us to have him inside.''

Full article here:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/cotchin-wants-cousins-to-play-on/story-e6frf9jf-1225885677661

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1130 on: June 30, 2010, 07:56:58 PM »
Happy Birthday to Cuz. Turned 32 today  :birthday  :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1131 on: July 04, 2010, 08:22:46 PM »
Back to back best games for Richmond from Cuz for mine. His footy nouse, leadership and experience is really now coming to the fore on the ground. I was one of those who thought that he may call it quits at the end of the season no matter how the rest of the year went but he looks like he is loving his footy every week and runs around like an excited 10 year old after we win which is pretty funny to watch from a footballer who has done it all. If he keeps this form up for the rest of the season and can stay injury free he'll be virtually first picked to play on next year. A huge asset to Dimma to have an assistant coach on the ground directing the young guys.

Cuz shoving it up Hutchy week by week  :lol
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #1132 on: July 04, 2010, 08:35:46 PM »
Back to back best games for Richmond from Cuz for mine. His footy nouse, leadership and experience is really now coming to the fore on the ground. I was one of those who thought that he may call it quits at the end of the season no matter how the rest of the year went but he looks like he is loving his footy every week and runs around like an excited 10 year old after we win which is pretty funny to watch from a footballer who has done it all. If he keeps this form up for the rest of the season and can stay injury free he'll be virtually first picked to play on next year. A huge asset to Dimma to have an assistant coach on the ground directing the young guys.

Cuz shoving it up Hutchy week by week  :lol

If he doesnt play on he should stay on as an assistant coach. can assistant coaches also do the runners job? is that allowed? having cousins on the field one way or another should be what happens next year.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1133 on: July 04, 2010, 09:23:29 PM »
If he doesnt play on he should stay on as an assistant coach. can assistant coaches also do the runners job? is that allowed? having cousins on the field one way or another should be what happens next year.
If he's a development coach he can walk alongside a player for a 'chat' as they come off and walk up and down the boundary before going back on again. Too much to do and observe for an assistant coach proper to be a runner.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1134 on: July 05, 2010, 07:00:28 PM »
David King on 3aw just said Cousins is finished. He doesn't see what everyone sees. He's slower and his kicking now lacks penetration.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1135 on: July 05, 2010, 07:08:58 PM »
David King on 3aw just said Cousins is finished. He doesn't see what everyone sees. He's slower and his kicking now lacks penetration.

OE & WP can you please let the swear filter lapse on this one cause honestly i lack the vocabulary to say what i think of that sought of narrow minded comment.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1136 on: July 06, 2010, 02:13:56 AM »

I agree with David King.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1137 on: July 06, 2010, 09:25:26 AM »

OE & WP can you please let the swear filter lapse on this one cause honestly i lack the vocabulary to say what i think of that sought of narrow minded comment.

truth hurts pal doesn't it.

got nothing do with yesterday read my earlier posts Cuz should not play beyond this season. His on field job is done. Off field he would be very handy.

he doesnt break the lines as he used to and it must be the for the very first time i agree with King, his kicking is lacking.

yes the players look up to him but they will still look up to him if he is floating around the club employed off field.

we need to look after his well being first and foremost but on field he is finished as a footballer.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1138 on: July 06, 2010, 09:38:41 AM »
good news

ben woke up this morning and is off the sedatives

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1139 on: July 06, 2010, 09:59:02 AM »