Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 217119 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #1290 on: August 23, 2010, 02:32:17 PM »
RFC twitter

Ben Cousins pulled up well after the game on Saturday, however we won't know the full extent of any injury until later today or tomorrow.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1291 on: August 23, 2010, 05:48:48 PM »
Ch 10 news said the scan showed only a minor hamstring. Cuz said he feels okay and he'll know in a couple of days. He's hoping it's more back related. The Club hopes the 8 day break will have Ben right to play by Sunday.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:37:26 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1292 on: August 23, 2010, 06:36:49 PM »
Tigers hopeful for Cousins
richmondfc.com.au
5:04 PM Mon 23 August, 2010

Scans performed on Ben Cousins’ hamstring earlier today revealed no significant damage.

Cousins left the field during the third quarter of last Saturday’s match against St Kilda.

“Ben will continue to work with the Richmond medical and fitness staff over the next few days, and we are hopeful he will be fit for this Sunday’s match against Port Adelaide,” Richmond General Manager of Football Craig Cameron said.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/100991/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1293 on: August 23, 2010, 06:40:55 PM »
Healy just said on 3aw that Whispers is saying Cuz will definitely play this week.

Edit: Herald-Sun is saying the same thing as well...
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/cousins-cleared-for-farewell-game/story-e6frf9jf-1225909051093

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1294 on: August 23, 2010, 07:52:23 PM »
Can confirm that he will be playing this week. :thumbsup
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Ox

« Reply #1295 on: August 23, 2010, 07:56:50 PM »
thanks for the confirmation ! :clapping :lol

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1296 on: August 23, 2010, 08:45:07 PM »
thanks for the confirmation ! :clapping :lol

Call me Scoop ;D
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1297 on: August 23, 2010, 09:23:35 PM »
I don't care if Cuz sits on the bench after 5 mins for the rest of the game or we have Kingy and Tucky carry him around in one of those old Roman chair carriers chasing after the ball lol. Cuz just being out there in the 22 should help bring along a good crowd and fill the Club's coffers :yep.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1298 on: August 23, 2010, 09:28:13 PM »
Can confirm that he will be playing this week. :thumbsup

Correct - he's playing

:gotigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1299 on: August 23, 2010, 11:44:37 PM »
BEN COUSINS is set to make his farewell appearance against Port Adelaide on Sunday after scans revealed no significant damage to his injured hamstring.

“Ben will continue to work with the Richmond medical and fitness staff over the next few days, and we are hopeful he will be fit for this Sunday’s match against Port Adelaide,” Tigers football manager Craig Cameron said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/101011/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1300 on: August 24, 2010, 11:00:14 AM »
3aw this morning is claiming Cuz has a tear in the hamstring which is normally a 2-3 week one but the club is keeping quiet about and he may pull out of the game late. Cuz will leave having a run before the game to as late as possible. We'll then give him a jab and send him out to play.

Offline rufio_1991

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1301 on: August 24, 2010, 11:06:01 AM »
the richmond tigers facebook page posted pictures of todays training session at punt road and had ben cousins running with graham and thursfield so it looks liek he will be ok :)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1302 on: August 24, 2010, 11:45:50 AM »
So much for 3aw  :wallywink

Cousins trains well ahead of farewell
richmondfc.com.au
By Mic Cullen
11:31 AM Tue 24 August, 2010

RICHMOND'S Ben Cousins has trained well as he races against time to prove his fitness for Sunday's clash with Port Adelaide at Etihad Stadium.

The 32-year-old, who has announced his retirement come the end of the season, injured his hamstring in the side's loss to St Kilda on Saturday, and it was feared he would not come up for this weekend's game.

However, he worked well, running slowly and twisting, turning and stretching, avoiding only kicking on his left side. Even when he was stretching his leg on the fence there was no sign of discomfort.

Richmond officials confirmed that by the time he ducked back into the rooms, he had done all the fitness staff wanted him to do.

Midfielder Trent Cotchin said he hoped Cousins, who has played with the Tigers since they threw him a lifeline by taking him with the last pick in the pre-season draft two years ago, would get a final game with the club.

"He's had a fantastic career and we'd want nothing more than to have a send-off game and for Ben to be playing with us", he said at Punt Rd on Tuesday morning.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/101030/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1303 on: August 24, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1304 on: August 24, 2010, 02:36:06 PM »
A bit more from Cotch about Cuz.....

"It's definitely up to Ben, he knows his body best, and I'm sure he'll make that decision when it has to be made.

"He's going to get into training over the next couple of days, and hopefully the results are positive, and he'll be out there playing with us come Sunday."

But Cotchin warned that given the pace of modern football, no side could afford to select players who were not fully fit.

"Not really - it impacts your rotations, especially in the midfield as a lot of distance is covered.

"So we can't take that into the last game, a game as important as it's going to be for us and our supporters."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/101029/default.aspx