Author Topic: Bowden retires [merged]  (Read 20590 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Bowden retires [merged]
« Reply #285 on: August 20, 2009, 09:30:27 PM »
Enough with the personal insults!  >:( :banghead

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #286 on: August 21, 2009, 06:10:41 PM »
How CDA is still allowed to continually post that sort of crap is beyond me.

Honestly its pretty disappointing one eyed...
Go Tigers!

Jackstar is back

« Reply #287 on: August 21, 2009, 06:19:57 PM »
How CDA is still allowed to continually post that sort of crap is beyond me.

Honestly its pretty disappointing one eyed...

I actually thought the same

Jackstar is back

« Reply #288 on: August 21, 2009, 06:26:19 PM »
You wont find a better person than Joel Bowden,
Went to his restaurant during the week,
If anyone wants a nice casual lunch - Birdie Nums Nums in Nicholson Street is the place.
And maybe some of the faceless nuffers on here can go down there and if your lucky, Joel will make you a coffee ;) ;)
And Ramps, they have some nice greek dishes tooooo :thumbsup

Tigermonk

« Reply #289 on: August 21, 2009, 07:09:58 PM »
You wont find a better person than Joel Bowden,
Went to his restaurant during the week,
If anyone wants a nice casual lunch - Birdie Nums Nums in Nicholson Street is the place.
And maybe some of the faceless nuffers on here can go down there and if your lucky, Joel will make you a coffee ;) ;)
And Ramps, they have some nice greek dishes tooooo :thumbsup

:thumbsup

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #290 on: August 21, 2009, 08:27:05 PM »

No thanks, it would be all froth.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Jackstar is back

« Reply #291 on: August 21, 2009, 09:12:19 PM »

No thanks, it would be all froth.

Can guarantee the coffee is good, food is great :thumbsup :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Joel Bowden's love of the game (NT News)
« Reply #292 on: November 22, 2009, 04:18:27 PM »
Joel's love of the game
Grey Morris
November 21st, 2009

JOEL Bowden's 265 games with AFL club Richmond were one of his biggest life achievements.

That was Bowden's assessment of his 14-season AFL career that ended this year with a farewell appearance against Collingwood at the MCG.

In Darwin to speak at last night's NT Institute of Sport athlete awards, Bowden said his time at Richmond had been full of highlights.

There was no finger pointing or grudges held over his sudden exit from the senior side when Jade Rawlings took over as caretaker coach midway through the 2009 season.

"I'll remain eternally grateful for the time I spent at the club and the two best and fairest awards (Jack Dyer Medal) I won," he said.

"Combine that with two All-Australian jumpers and my role as president of the AFL Players Association (since 2007) and the 17-year-old who joined Richmond from Alice Springs in 1995 is pretty happy.

"If you had told me I would achieve all that I'd have taken it 11 times out of 10."

The West Alice Springs product was involved in his share of controversy, including the famous "rushed behinds" saga in 2008 when he ran down the clock by rushing two behinds from kickouts with Richmond six points in front of Essendon.

Bowden created endless debate - and a rule change - as the result of his actions.

Veteran Herald Sun journalist Mike Sheahan likened it to the infamous Trevor Chappell underarm delivery in a one-day cricket match against New Zealand in 1981.

Bowden may be gone from Richmond as a player, but he still bleeds black and gold blood.

Asked if he could give long suffering Tiger fans some heart after years in the wilderness since the club's last grand final in 1982 and flag in 1980, he called for supporters to maintain the faith.

"They must show a bit of hope and faith in new CEO Brendon Gale," he said.

"Richmond is in a rebuilding phase where they are developing the skills and bodies of their young players."

Coaching is not on Bowden's radar, despite suggestions he would make an ideal Thunder coach.

"I've retired as a player and probably need to sit down and assess all my options," Bowden said.

"But you never say never in this game."

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2009/11/21/102961_ntsport.html