Author Topic: Where is the list at?  (Read 12993 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Where is the list at?
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2009, 07:44:32 PM »
On another site they reckon Swans want Jackson and Veszpremi could be coming the other way. I would do this trade every day of the week. I consider such trade to be a major win for RFC if it happens. Veszpremi will become a good player imho. A player who will eventually get into a midfield rotation and who can kick goals.

When did Sydney last trade away a good player?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2009, 07:53:33 PM »

I cannot remember trade away a good player but they usually trade to get decent players

That's why I reckon Foley for their first round pick is a real option for us
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2009, 07:59:39 PM »

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2009, 08:07:18 PM »

:lol  Thanks for that Jezza!  Was a good player at Sydney, was a goose at Brisbane.  And is now the Gold Coast's resident media tart.   :lol

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2009, 10:01:54 PM »
not worth a pinch of poo A.T.M. :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2009, 07:23:03 PM »
On the news tonight when talking about Hardwick they mentioned we are expecting at least 10 changes to the list.

It's not hard to think of at least 10 names...
Sugar and Joel already gone.
Simmo, Browny, Cogs, Petts, JON, Cleve, Patto
Trade: McMahon :pray, Schulz
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2009, 07:52:28 PM »
I'd even look at others prior to cutting JON & Hughes, although even JON I'd delist and consider picking up with our last rookie pick. I'd like to see how all our kids play under a new coach with a proper game plan and better discipline/instruction.

We already have older guys like Simmo, Brown, Bowden, Johnson, Pettifer, Schulz, McMahon to go, Coughlan may retire also. That's 8 right there for starters. Then there's younger ones like Patto & Raines before you get to the under 23s. Would like to see us trade one of Tuck, Jackson or Newman as well, but we can't have all of these guys leave in one year.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2009, 07:54:05 PM »
On another site they reckon Swans want Jackson and Veszpremi could be coming the other way. I would do this trade every day of the week. I consider such trade to be a major win for RFC if it happens. Veszpremi will become a good player imho. A player who will eventually get into a midfield rotation and who can kick goals.

Schneider?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2009, 08:33:34 PM »

Schneider?

That was the only one I could come up Jake and he is only an average player in a good side - plenty of his type going around and the Swans, Saints or anyone else for that matter wouldn't miss him if he wasn't on their list.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2009, 10:44:31 PM »
On the news tonight when talking about Hardwick they mentioned we are expecting at least 10 changes to the list.

You could even put Putt into that group, word is he is hopeless, and will not make it. Also heard Gillian (sp?) is no good either but will be given another year on the rookie list. Apparently he is slow, cannot kick and has very average skills, all the things you look for in a small forward. Not!

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2009, 10:52:58 PM »
Apparently he is slow, cannot kick and has very average skills, all the things you look for in a small forward. Not!
Punch whoever told you that in the mouth for me for spreading rubbish.  Thanks.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2009, 10:55:31 PM »

I cannot remember trade away a good player but they usually trade to get decent players

That's why I reckon Foley for their first round pick is a real option for us

Did Floey rape your pet goat or what WP, you really wan't him traded don't you and for no reason, Hardwick has already said we have a good midfield and that includes Foley!! He is our best midfielder and has been for a while until a few niggling injuries, just remember he caried this midfield while the likes of Cotch, Lids, Edwards, Jackson and Tuck decided to help and when Cog's was out.

I bet you were not trying to trade him when he made his trade mark runs out of the middle, ran to 40 and slotted it, as he did many times.

Foley is going no ware, I agree with the list Infamy presented but more so MT's as they are all hacks, add maybe Polo and Edwards and that would do me nice.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2009, 11:19:22 PM »

You could even put Putt into that group, word is he is hopeless, and will not make it. Also heard Gillian (sp?) is no good either but will be given another year on the rookie list. Apparently he is slow, cannot kick and has very average skills, all the things you look for in a small forward. Not!
Well I'd stop listening to whoever's been giving you the "word", its far too soon to make the call on both of those players
Putt was doing well until a knee injury last year, has stagnated a little this year however he's still only in his 2nd year as a ruckman
Gilligan is only in his first year as a rookie and has already cemented his spot in Coburg seniors kicking goals in every match, 5 scoring shots in his first game. His prefered position is back pocket anyway.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2009, 02:58:38 AM »
Up sh it creek

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond learns lessons from history (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2009, 05:19:47 AM »
Richmond learns lessons from history
Jon Ralph | August 27, 2009

FIVE years ago new Richmond coach Terry Wallace fronted his first press conference and declared the club would develop its own champions. Not for Richmond the quick fix, but rather the patient, methodical rebuild.

The Tigers surged up the ladder with 21 wins in the next two years and Wallace recruited eight recycled players - Mark Graham, Kent Kingsley, Patrick Bowden, Jordan McMahon, Mitch Morton, Ben Cousins, Adam Thomson and Tom Hislop.

Don't expect Damien Hardwick to make the same errors.

Richmond must recruit via the draft, and it must go backwards before it goes forward. And it will.

Hardwick, who has seen the bottom-out principle at Hawthorn, said yesterday he wanted to win Richmond its 11th premiership.

Richmond's list is not capable of delivering a flag, so as much as supporters want immediate success they will have to wait.

But Hardwick has what no recent Tigers coach has had: a cashed-up football department, a stable administration and time to rebuild the club's list.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25986889-19742,00.html