Author Topic: Staff and Chaff gone; Gas and Kellaway may follow  (Read 23069 times)

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
Re: Staff and Chaff gone; Gas and Kellaway may follow
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2006, 09:33:33 PM »
Did anyone else have a tear in their eye when Staff kicked that last goal? I've gotta admit I cried at the end of the game - and not just because we were so hopeless :'( :'(
:rollin
I left before the last quarter started, but when I got home I watched the delayed telecast, yes, I'm a sucker for punishment... anyhow, I got a bit teary when they showed Staff's boots in the middle of the ground. But after his last goal I was smiling

Shultz is a dumd footballer coz he runs to the wrong spot, contests balls which he shouldnt and i also believe that he doesnt play to instruction.

Thats why i call him a Dumb footballer, he has ability but no brains. Same as Tuck, how many turnovers does he create each week.

Back on Shultz, he didnt even register one kick today.

There may be some interest this year for trade so i say just offload him while the going is good.

The RFC must be ruthless in their assesment of where our list is at. Sure we have some good young kids, we dont need any Idiots getting into their heads and destroying their careers.
Of course Schulz didn't get a kick today, we played West Coast, they outplayed us in every way possible, half of our blokes were "dumb footballers" today.
I believe he is a natural foward and should play up there, not in defense. He looks uncomfortable down back, which in turn, cause him to make errors.
3/4 of our blokes today made turnovers, what about Lids, about 30m out should have gone for goal, 2nd quarter I believe, except he handballed it off and it got turned over, or what about Petts, same quarter, went out on a lead and backed out of it after the ball had been kick in his direction.

Put Sarge in the forward line were he is comfortable and as he has shown it can reward.
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2006, 09:41:29 PM »
Id be urging our supporters to not run down our players. Players like Schulz, Tuck and Krakouer can have tremendous value to us...lets not trash our assets. Would you trash your house! Look at them like a house. The aim is to get a better house. How do you do that. By spruiking it up as a great investment and passing it off to the highest bidder. ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2006, 09:46:43 PM »
It was time for Staff and Chaff to hang up their boots and they were able to leave on their own terms and before a good crowd so not really sad for them. Felt more sorry for Tommy Roach who after handing a footy to a kid near us walked off by himself knowing he's probably played his last game.

Hard to disagree with those names Bull.

Once we brought McGuane in it was as though the white flag was raised before the ball was even bounced.

According to Fox Footy Saturday Central, Chubba was asked to play first but said he didn't feel 100% or something like that...

Not sure what to make of that. Does Chubba believe he will get a new contract  ???. I couldn't see Richo turn down a game although that might be unfair on Chubba as I don't know if his hammy is still troubling him. Chubba got right through training though yesterday apparently.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2006, 09:48:05 PM »
Id be urging our supporters to not run down our players. Players like Schulz, Tuck and Krakouer can have tremendous value to us...lets not trash our assets. Would you trash your house! Look at them like a house. The aim is to get a better house. How do you do that. By spruiking it up as a great investment and passing it off to the highest bidder. ;D
I'm all for trading Krak... dodgey ankle? What's that? :shh
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2006, 09:55:40 PM »
Even though he wasn't fit, Andy was told he could play because he couldn't be guaranteed a spot on the list next year. After Friday training he said he wasn't right to play.
Putting the team first, as expected from him.
Has apparently said he wants to play on next year, even if not at Richmond.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2006, 09:58:49 PM »
If he wasn't right FF then Chubba did do the right thing. I've heard the latter too.

LOL. Today the house trashed itself  :P.

Krak probably increased his value as we had no crumbers/numbers at the fall of the ball all day. On the other hand Tucky has lowered his over the second half of the year. Not sure if he is carrying a leg injury or something but he looks very slow lately. Sarge needs to get fit to lead and lead for a whole game otherwise he'll be gone within 12 months.

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2006, 10:06:28 PM »
If he wasn't right FF then Chubba did do the right thing. I've heard the latter too.

LOL. Today the house trashed itself  :P.

Krak probably increased his value as we had no crumbers/numbers at the fall of the ball all day. On the other hand Tucky has lowered his over the second half of the year. Not sure if he is carrying a leg injury or something but he looks very slow lately. Sarge needs to get fit to lead and lead for a whole game otherwise he'll be gone within 12 months.

Tuck looked very awkward running to the bench today...has he always had such a weird running style? Looked like he was running into a 50km wind.
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2006, 10:43:45 PM »
Looked like he was running into a 50km wind.
Lucky he wasn't or you might have seen McGuane roll past him like a tumbleweed.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2006, 11:13:12 PM »
LOL FF  ;D

Tuck looked very awkward running to the bench today...has he always had such a weird running style? Looked like he was running into a 50km wind.

I saw that too. He has the same wirey body and gait as his dad but yeah he didn't look right.

Jackstar

« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2006, 11:54:15 PM »
I'm all for trading Krak... dodgey ankle? What's that? :shh

Didnt have a crumbing forward today ? We actually missed Krak,like it or not !

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger veterans await fate (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2006, 02:41:02 AM »
Tiger vets await fate
03 September 2006   
Sunday Herald Sun
Jon Pierik

THE careers of Richmond veterans Andrew Kellaway and Darren Gaspar are expected to be decided by Tuesday after they meet coach Terry Wallace.

Kellaway, 31 in November, was offered the chance to play in yesterday's 88-point thrashing by West Coast but turned it down because of a tight hamstring.

Gaspar, 30, has been battling a knee injury and was not considered.

Both are out of contract.

As the Tigers look to continue their youth policy, the pair, along with tagger Thomas Roach, face an uncertain future.

"Purely and simply, what I have said from day one is that over the next three days I have my exit meetings with the players," Wallace said last night. "I will sit down with Andy and speak to him about the situation going forward.

"He will know exactly where he sits with relation to what roles would be available, the situations he has to ponder -- if he is not playing at the senior level, how he handles going back and playing with Coburg at times.

"It's all those sort of things that we have to actually go through, (and) that's exactly the same with Darren."

The Tigers said goodbye to Greg Stafford and Mark Chaffey yesterday, with Wallace predicting six new faces at Punt Rd next year.

He said he wasn't looking forward to making tough calls. "I don't like finishing blokes' careers (but) it's the nature of it," he said.

"Believe me, any person that's worked in business, you sack people. It's not an easy thing to do."

Wallace pointed out the Tigers were unable to call on as many as 14 senior players for yesterday's clash against last year's grand finalist.

The Tigers finished the year with an 11-11 win-loss record -- one more victory than last year -- to miss the finals by two matches.

Wallace said he was happy with the development of the side in the second year of his five-year plan.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20341281%255E19742,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
White Line Fever - Chubba gone
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2006, 09:42:35 PM »
Reading BF and Y&B, it seems Plough said tonight on WLF that Chubba is gone. He believed Kellaway would struggle and end up at Coburg and didn't want to see that so suggested Chubba should consider retirement. Chubba disagreed. Tezza said he knows it won't be a popular decision and it's not personal towards Kellaway but as the Crows did the same a few years ago offloading senior players he believes it will bring success.

A caller asked why Gas was kept instead of Kellaway and Tezza said we have a number of 3rd talls whereas Gas plays KP.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Kellaway out, Gaspar to stay (The Age)
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2006, 02:37:52 AM »
Kellaway out, Gaspar to stay
Lyall Johnson
The Age
September 7, 2006

COURAGEOUS defender Andrew Kellaway, one of Richmond's favourite sons, is seeking a new club after being told this week he would have very few, if any, opportunities to play senior football in 2007.

Kellaway has not been offered a contract to stay at Richmond and was told that even if a contract were forthcoming, he would face a very limited on-field role — a prospect the veteran was unwilling to accept.

However, while Kellaway is heading out the door, the club yesterday ended speculation on the future of Darren Gaspar by announcing it had re-signed the veteran defender on a one-year deal.

Kellaway, who turns 31 in November, is keen to play on for at least one more year and has instructed his manager, Ricky Nixon, to investigate whether there is interest from other clubs.

Should there be interest, the 2000 Richmond best and fairest and All-Australian would nominate for the 2007 pre-season draft. Otherwise, he will retire without having played a farewell match.

Kellaway and coach Terry Wallace had frank discussions this week, during which the 172-game veteran had his playing opportunities for next season outlined to him.

The club issued a statement yesterday which said Kellaway was "now considering his options" as a result of the meeting.

"Richmond's statement is a bit misleading," Nixon said yesterday. "Andrew has been told that he is not wanted at Richmond next year. He wanted to play on and he has asked me to investigate whether any clubs are interested in him in the form of a trade or as an uncontracted player.

"It staggers me. I honestly don't know the rationale other than the last couple of years his last four or five games haven't been great. His form was terrific until he did his hamstring this year."

Richmond football manager Paul Armstrong was yesterday unwilling to comment on what was said between Wallace and Kellaway but denied the club had told Kellaway he wasn't required next year.

Armstrong said the club's stance on the playing opportunities being offered to Kellaway had nothing to do with Kellaway tearing his hamstring while surfing before the round-17 match.

"What (Kellaway) discussed with Terry is between him and Terry.

"He's an outstanding bloke — one of the best guys you'd meet in footy," Armstrong said.

Richmond said yesterday that Gaspar had been offered a one-year deal but it had not renewed the contract of assistant coach David Wheadon, who had been at the club for seven years.

Recent speculation over Gaspar's future had been rife, with the 30-year-old former All-Australian and club best and fairest sidelined with a knee injury since round 16. To that point, Gaspar had managed eight games due to injury.

"Darren's record speaks for itself and he is very much part of our plans for 2007 and beyond," said Richmond football director Greg Miller.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/09/06/1157222200667.html

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2006, 02:42:56 AM »
So it looks certain.

Are we going to attempt to trade?

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2006, 08:03:03 AM »
So it looks certain.

Are we going to attempt to trade?

Apparently not, from what i've read.

It looks as though we're going at a Western Bulldogs style backline, one stopper (Brian Harris = Darren Gasper) and the rest are smaller running type, highly skilled players.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do