Author Topic: We broke 'em  (Read 22095 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: We broke 'em
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2020, 09:07:03 PM »
How weak

Another lettuce leaf penalty handed out by the AFL
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2020, 02:44:11 AM »
Caroline Wilson reported that rivals clubs were “disgusted” over the light treatment the Crows copped from the league.

“Every AFL club I’ve spoken to today cannot believe that the AFL wasn’t harsher on the Crows,” she said.

“I agree a fine would have been tough. The Crows are probably, ultimately, going to have to borrow money from the AFL anyway – and members were threatening to dump their memberships if their club was penalised. So I can understand the financial penalty is not the right thing – and I don’t think draft penalties and I don’t think premiership points (were reasonable). But I just think the players broke the rules and needed to be suspended.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-adelaide-barossa-valley-training-breach-caroline-wilson-slams-afl-ben-hart/news-story/1fcfa867595e90ca1cb8b9808b88df24

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2020, 09:14:35 AM »
Next time we are threatened with a potential sanction lets just all threaten to withdraw our memberships. What a disgrace. The afl cow towing to a bunch of buffoons on the internet.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2020, 02:56:41 AM »
Quote from: Triple M Adelaide 104.7 @TripleMAdelaide
We have found some audio that describes another AFL club who has been training in a group...
https://omny.fm/shows/roo-and-
Quote from: @maggie_weir
And please tell one of them was Richmond
https://twitter.com/maggie_weir/status/1259689817895403520

Quote from: straughnie
AFL so worried about Adelaide training in a groups over a 5 minute period but are happy to gift a premiership to Richmond by handing them a Home qualifying final after finishing 4th in home and away season. CORUPTION!
https://twitter.com/_Bstraughn/status/1259419496411918338

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2020, 02:10:43 PM »
We have found some audio that describes another AFL club who has been training in a group...

AFL so worried about Adelaide training in a groups over a 5 minute period but are happy to gift a premiership to Richmond by handing them a Home qualifying final after finishing 4th in home and away season. CORUPTION!

We never finished 4th?

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2020, 08:59:57 PM »

We never finished 4th?

Not since 2001

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Crows were ‘so scared’ they lost 2017 GF ‘almost at first bounce’ after infamous power stance

May 22, 2020 5:34pm
FOX SPORTS

The Crows finished on top of the ladder that season and looked clearly the best team in the league based on their strong percentage.

But during the finals series they became more known for their controversial team-wide anthem pose, which was from the leadership group Collective Minds - who also spearheaded Adelaide’s failed 2018 pre-season camp.

Leppitsch told the Herald Sun’s Sacked podcast he believed the power stance, which saw the Crows standing tall with chests puffed out while staring down their opponents, backfired on them.

“Every team has an identity and you think about the team I played for, Brisbane, its identity was a big, hard contested-footy beast,” the former Lions player and coach said.

“Hawthorn were a beautifully skilled, good kicking team. Richmond is more about everything being OK - you can make mistakes and as long as you are competitive and get the ball going forward you are pretty good.

“So Adelaide adopted the power stance and I think when you adopt anything when you are powerful, the minute you burst that bubble, what is next?

“And that’s an interesting one. You have adopted a dominant stance but the minute you aren’t...

“Talk about the Essendon era and Leigh Matthews’ ‘If It Bleeds You Can Kill It’ (mantra). Whenever you pop that dominant bubble, and you see they do bleed what is next?

“It can be a dangerous one to play. We all want to be the dominant side, we all want to be Serena Williams, there smashing everyone.

“But they (Adelaide) were so scared going into the game (2017 Grand Final) we almost beat them at the first bounce, and that approach can also have its negative if someone bursts the bubble, which we did that day.”

While the Crows jumped out to an 11-point lead at quarter-time, the Tigers’ suffocating pressure proved too much from there as they kicked seven consecutive goals on route to a 48-point blowout.

Adelaide hasn’t played in a final since that day, and its players continue to be mocked for the power stance, including by Patrick Dangerfield during the State of Origin charity game in February.

The Crows in their power stance before the 2017 Grand Final. (Photo by Darrian Traynor/AFL Media/Getty Images)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-adelaide-power-stance-backfired-in-2017-grand-final-vs-richmond-justin-leppitsch-sacked-podcast-interview/news-story/34b086e503d95ad3b6e0acdc3d152d19

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2020, 01:00:47 PM »
‘We were conned’: Ex-Crow’s cheeky tactic to avoid ‘stupid’ power stance photos

May 24, 2020
Ben Waterworth
FOX SPORTS

And knowing it’d seem a strange look to the AFL world, Jenkins has revealed his cheeky tactic to ensure there was as little photographic evidence of his involvement as possible. And it worked pretty well.

Despite finishing on top of the ladder in 2017 and making a Grand Final, the Crows’ finals campaign became renowned for the team-wide anthem pose, which was inspired by Collective Minds – the leadership group that also spearheaded Adelaide’s disastrous 2018 pre-season camp.

That pre-game position was thrust back into the spotlight last week by Richmond assistant coach Justin Leppitsch, who claimed on the Herald Sun’s ‘Sacked’ podcast that the Tigers almost had Adelaide beaten “at the first bounce” of the Grand Final after its infamous power stance.

“I see the power stance has made a comeback with Justin Leppitsch, who made mention of it. It’ll be coming up for 20 years, that stupid stance,” Jenkins told SEN’s Off The Bench on Saturday.

Asked what was the reasoning behind the odd pre-game move, Jenkins said: “We were conned, mate. We were conned by the crew at Collective Minds, told us that if we did it we’d go all the way.

“In fairness, it didn’t affect our game at all because we did it in the other two finals and we blew GWS and Geelong away. So it didn’t have any negative impact.

“It was just a little bit of foolishness and probably a bit naive on our behalf to think we would have an impact on the game.”

Jenkins, who was traded to Geelong at the end of the 2019 season, cheekily said the pose made for “a few good photos” – but he added he made a deliberate effort to ensure he wasn’t in too many snaps.

Jenkins said he tried to position himself as far away from then-coach Don Pyke and then-captain Taylor Walker as possible to avoid featuring in a flood of pictures.

“It’s quite funny. If you look up a wide shot of the 22 players, some of the boys just are really half-committed to the ‘power stance’ … not keen on it,” Jenkins said with a laugh.

“I distinctly remember making sure I was closest to the bench, so farthest away from the coach and captain because I knew I wouldn’t be in the photos.”

On the photographic evidence, Jenkins’ tactic may have paid off.

Crows midfielder Matt Crouch said he hadn’t reflected too deeply on the pose but claimed it worked well for the qualifying and preliminary finals.

“That was the concept behind it: To be revved up and ready to go when the bounce happens,” Crouch told ABC Grandstand. “But obviously the Grand Final it didn’t work and you live and die by the sword.

“Everyone now says we look stupid. But I think if we’d won it would’ve been a masterstroke.

“It’s a funny one to look back on when you look back at some of the photos, it looks pretty funny and we seem to cop it a little bit about it. But I think it’s a decision we made at the time.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-adelaide-power-stance-2017-grand-final-josh-jenkins-photos/news-story/9f1d1d519e0f71a611949d86e3210665

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2020, 10:48:35 AM »
One of the best ever threads on BF  :rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2020, 07:36:48 PM »
Andrew McLeod made it clear he didn’t want to spend time at West Lakes.

“You see lots of guys go back to their footy clubs and they feel welcomed. For me, the Crows doesn’t really have that vibe. It doesn’t have that vibe where it feels like you’re really welcomed here.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-adelaide-crows-andrew-mcleod-leadership-mark-ricciuto-bunji-brettster/news-story/0cf52f97e4a79fc6ba8a3687e0242bb2

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2020, 06:37:10 PM »
Channel 10 cameras have captured Adelaide Crows teammates Billy Frampton and Kyle Hartigan brawling during a scratch match.

The vision shows Adelaide teammates attempting to break up the fight after Frampton and Hartigan came to blows during the intra-club match at West Lakes.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/06/08/watch-or-cameras-catch-adelaide-duo-brawling-at-training/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2020, 03:09:45 PM »
Explosive report unearths new details about Adelaide Crows' horror 2018 pre-season camp

By Chris De Silva
Nine
5 July 2020

A stunning exposé into the infamous 2018 Adelaide Crows pre-season camp has uncovered fresh details about the horrors endured by the players involved and the reasons for why some have been left deeply scarred to this day.

The report, written by The Age reporter Sam McClure, revealed the players were "petrified" and "unnerved" when they were greeted by men who were carrying what looked to be automatic weapons, before being blindfolded on a bus with blacked out windows that took them to a location which was undisclosed.

However, one of the more disturbing revelations was how sensitive information that players had confided to club staff had likely been handed to the facilitators of the Collective Mind camp to be used in a "harness" activity.

According to McClure, Crows players are "certain" sensitive information was handed to Collective Mind boss Amon Woulfe and business partner Derek Leddie.

"In order to get out of the harness, the player would have to crawl on his hands and knees towards a combat knife that Wolfgang had set on the ground, about 10 metres away," McClure wrote.

"Each player could choose two teammates in the group to sit on chairs and offer moral support. Nine other teammates were instructed to pull the other way.

"As the nine others pulled the player away from the knife, facilitators encouraged them to hurl abuse at him. At first, it was relatively harmless; "Come on, mate. You're weak, you'll give up!"

"But as the struggle increased, the insults became more personal.

"Episodes of childhood trauma, relationships with partners and incidents of domestic abuse were among the subjects referenced as players tried to crawl across the mud.

"In some cases, the information was so sensitive that players hadn't even shared it with their partners."

Speaking on the AFL Sunday Footy Show, McClure discussed his report, and particularly the "danger" involved in Woulfe and Leddie's methods with the Crows players.

"Amon Woulfe and Derek Leddie, who were the founders and creators of Collective Mind, they were on the camp and they're not registered psychologists," he said.

"They've got leadership backgrounds, but no psychology degree or qualifications.

"Jeff Bond OAM, who was the head of AIS psychology and is now at the Brumbies, he said that it is just fraught with danger, it is unbelievably dangerous to have unqualified people go into this field and start to meddle around in people's minds.

"That's what happened and we've seen what's happened to the Adelaide Crows on and off the field since."

Despite the disturbing revelations, McClure said he did not expect the AFL to open another investigation into the controversial pre-season camp.

"I don't think we'll see another investigation from the AFL," he said.

"The AFL Players' Association have both privately and I think to some degree, publicly, admitted that they just completely dropped the ball on this camp.

"The Integrity Unit investigation found that there was a lack of due diligence done by the club, I think that's putting it pretty lightly.

"Whether some of the players decide to go down the legal route once they retire for what happened on that camp is up to them."

McClure added that if there is legal action, that it will likely take place when the players involved are no longer playing in the AFL.

"One of the main reasons why there's a lot of unnamed sources that have quotes in my piece is because no one wants to be the face of this while they're still playing," he said.

"You can absolutely understand that. They want this story to be out, but no one wants to be the face of it while they're still playing."

According to McClure, former Crows football boss Brett Burton, who was fired due to the fallout from the camp, told the players that the club had signed confidentiality agreements on their behalf, essentially gagging them from speaking out.

"A lot of the players, for one reason or another, felt like they were not allowed to talk about it, and still feel like that," he said.

"They were told by Amon Woulfe and Collective Mind that the three different groups in the camp were not to share information with each other about what happened.

"So you had this situation where different players didn't know what their teammates had been through because they weren't in the same group.

"There's no doubt at one time or another, the players, or a player, will their version of the story on what happened."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/adelaide-crows-horror-pre-season-camp-details-revealed-sam-mcclure/ee0a9c9d-bcfd-4fc3-8f71-c8dc6bac3586

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2020, 03:47:13 PM »
Disgusting.

Genuinely categorised as abusive IMO.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2020, 04:49:39 PM »
Disgusting.

Genuinely categorised as abusive IMO.
Well said Andy.

Those running that camp were psychos. How were/are they allowed operate.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2020, 04:52:52 PM »
Aside from the breach of confidentiality it doesn’t sound that bad. A few of their princesses need to harden up a bit. Jenkins clearly the one that leaked the info. Likely after Riccutto said on radio they were happy to see him go