Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 109854 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Troy Taylor [merged]
« Reply #930 on: May 21, 2011, 10:56:06 AM »
does Melbourne have an equivalent to Redfern? or did you herd all your aborigines off a cliff? where's the local indigenous community? in a laneway drinking coffee?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #931 on: May 21, 2011, 12:21:53 PM »
Snip!!!!!!!!

Enough with the sniping and pot shots at one another  :banghead :banghead

Debate the issue in other words play the ball and not the man ->>>> EVERYONE
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #932 on: May 21, 2011, 02:02:22 PM »

If I remember correctly,
Gary Ablett struggled at hawthorn early in his career because he could not live in the city.... preferred the bush.
He was 23/ 24 before he went to Geelong and became the greatest footballer to ever put the boots on.
Nathan Ablett had the footy World at this feet after winning a flag with the cats..... and discovered that it wasn't for him.
My point is..... there are countless footballers with all the talent to make it..... who find that as much as it seems like the ultimate dream, they find that it isn't theirs..... again it has nothing to do with race.
It happens with movie stars, rock stars etc etc. of all cultures and backgrounds.
Troy is 19 years old.... How many of us had a clue at 19?
As Joseph Campbell once said... "What happens when you get to the top of the ladder, only to discover it's against the wrong wall."
We may be angry at Troy for not wanting our dream, but it might not be his.
He may have thought so at the time... but now is unsure.
It takes courage to way away from something... even it it seems like the wrong thing to do to everyone else and draws criticism and even hatred.
He is trying to find himself and his identity... just like all of us.

I hope he finds and lives his dream, whatever that may be.
Personally I would love to see him make it as i am excited by his potential.
Maybe, just maybe.... he like Gary Ablett, will realize that footy and playing AFL is his dream and becomes one of the greatest ever.
Only time will tell and only Troy knows what his path in life maybe.
Whatever it is... I wish him all the best,
Good luck to you brother
Really well said.  :cheers

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #933 on: May 21, 2011, 02:55:42 PM »
That's all fine but he expected a house.....on top of a wall he didnt want to climb,to use your analogy.
I'll say it before and I'll say it again, people keep acusing him of this but you have no idea exactly the context of the comment was.
You have no way of possibly knowing that he wanted an actual deed to a property

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #934 on: May 21, 2011, 03:12:37 PM »
That's all fine but he expected a house.....on top of a wall he didnt want to climb,to use your analogy.
I'll say it before and I'll say it again, people keep acusing him of this but you have no idea exactly the context of the comment was.
You have no way of possibly knowing that he wanted an actual deed to a property

You are correct

My understanding is this - he didn't/doesn't want them to buy a house. Assitance with finding one/leasing one yep but buy one NO.

The other point you made earlier which I reckon is totally on the money is that with his record it would was always going to be harder and in effecy take longer to organise

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #935 on: May 21, 2011, 03:17:41 PM »
does Melbourne have an equivalent to Redfern?  where's the local indigenous community?
Nah Melbourne doesn't, at least when compared to Italians of Lygon St (Carlton), Greeks along Sydney Rd (Northern suburbs) or Chinese in Little Bourke St (Chinatown). There's a local indigenous community (Wurundjeri) but you wouldn't relate a specific suburb to them like a Redfern. Maybe it has something to do with Melbourne being founded via a treaty unlike other parts of Australia. Anyway if you walk the streets of Melbourne you're more likely to bump into every nationality before you bump into a full-blooded aborigine. It would be a culture shock if you had grown up in a mostly indigenous area and population in northern Australia. Some people can adapt to the new surroundings and thrive while others can't for whatever reason. Troy is one of the latter. As I said not the first and won't be the last.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

FNM

« Reply #936 on: May 21, 2011, 03:20:31 PM »

My understanding is this - he didn't/doesn't want him to buy a house. Assitance with finding one/leasing one yep but buy one NO.
Why can't he find a house to rent or buy himself like most others do.
Is this for real? lol
He needs assistance?  :rollin

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #937 on: May 21, 2011, 03:23:24 PM »

My understanding is this - he didn't/doesn't want him to buy a house. Assitance with finding one/leasing one yep but buy one NO.
Is this for real? lol

Hate to break this to you FNM  ;D but all AFL clubs do it; that is assist interstate/country players in find a house to rent when they move out from thier host families  :thumbsup

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #938 on: May 21, 2011, 03:34:44 PM »
does Melbourne have an equivalent to Redfern? or did you herd all your aborigines off a cliff? where's the local indigenous community? in a laneway drinking coffee?

Fitzroy is probably the closest urban equivalent to Redfern, but only a small pocket or two.

Other regional centers have a higher proportion of our non-reflective cousins. Lakes Entrance/Lake Tyers for example.

FNM

« Reply #939 on: May 21, 2011, 03:37:38 PM »

Is this for real? lol

Hate to break this to you FNM  ;D but all AFL clubs do it; that is assist interstate/country players in find a house to rent when they move out from thier host families  :thumbsup

So why didn't they help him?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #940 on: May 21, 2011, 04:12:27 PM »

They were but these things take time and lets not forget he only came back to Melb in Jan

IIRC they were even helping to arrange for his brother & sster-in-law to move to Melb to live with him

It would seem it wasn't quick enough for Troy

FNM

« Reply #941 on: May 21, 2011, 04:21:14 PM »

They were but these things take time and lets not forget he only came back to Melb in Jan

IIRC they were even helping to arrange for his brother & sster-in-law to move to Melb to live with him

FHO

Ox

« Reply #942 on: May 21, 2011, 04:33:05 PM »
Wheres the Geez Man??

FNM

« Reply #943 on: May 21, 2011, 04:56:10 PM »

There are kids out there would give their you know whats to play AFL and we babysit people who don't want to be here.
Get rid of him and give his spot to someone who wants to be here  :thumbsup

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #944 on: May 21, 2011, 04:57:34 PM »
But FMN, weren't you confused when you were 19? Didn't you make mistakes? If you did, were you given a 2nd chance?

LMFAOOOOOOOOO
 :lol

Agreed. FHO. little poo