Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 110687 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Troy Taylor [merged]
« Reply #960 on: May 22, 2011, 12:27:06 AM »
Anybody remember the Coori band,"No Fixed Address" ?

I know the band you are thinking of. They were actually called 'No Fixed Doors'...

FNM

« Reply #961 on: May 22, 2011, 02:44:18 AM »
Im taking a stab here, but i think you will find she may have meant no more of them being no more of "hard basket type of risky players"

Not everything has to do with race FFS
Spot on. We're talking footy on this site, that's what I'm talking about.
Any suggestion otherwise is offensive
I think you need some HRT, mate. Calm down  ::)

Ox

« Reply #962 on: May 22, 2011, 02:57:56 AM »

LM AO  ;D

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #963 on: May 22, 2011, 03:47:40 AM »
you laugh  :police:

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #964 on: May 22, 2011, 06:54:45 AM »

My understanding is this - he didn't/doesn't want him to buy a house. Assitance with finding one/leasing one yep but buy one NO.
Why can't he find a house to rent or buy himself like most others do.
Is this for real? lol
He needs assistance?  :rollin
How easy do you think it is for someone with a criminal record to get a lease on property when he has no previous history in renting a property?
The rental market is hard enough as it is, without the club's help there is no way he would have got a place by himself
Then he should have stayed with a host family
HE WAS!! He was staying with a family and then moved in with Mitch Morton
However he wanted to live by himself!! That was what people are making such a big deal about thinking he wanted the club to buy him a house when it was never the case. Not sure how this is hard to comprehend.
Then he goes to another host family, likes it or just go home
He's too hard.  If he doesn't want it, just leave!
Don't draft any more of them either, over it  :banghead

What a effing puerile post.

Im taking a stab here, but i think you will find she may have meant no more of them being no more of "hard basket type of risky players"

Given most of this thread has become about race it is hard to distinguish what is about race and what is;t.
Anyway, FNM if that is what you meant, my apologies.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #965 on: May 22, 2011, 06:59:49 AM »

Spot on. We're talking footy on this site, that's what I'm talking about.
Any suggestion otherwise is offensive
I think you need some HRT, mate. Calm down  ::)

Like I wrote in the last post - read this thread, where is the footy?
BTW, perfectly calm - would think what i wrote if you meant what I thought!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

FNM

« Reply #966 on: May 22, 2011, 10:20:50 AM »

My understanding is this - he didn't/doesn't want him to buy a house. Assitance with finding one/leasing one yep but buy one NO.
Is this for real? lol
He needs assistance?  :rollin
How easy do you think it is for someone with a criminal record to get a lease on property when he has no previous history in renting a property?
The rental market is hard enough as it is, without the club's help there is no way he would have got a place by himself
Then he should have stayed with a host family
HE WAS!! He was staying with a family and then moved in with Mitch Morton
However he wanted to live by himself!! That was what people are making such a big deal about thinking he wanted the club to buy him a house when it was never the case. Not sure how this is hard to comprehend.
Then he goes to another host family, likes it or just go home
He's too hard.  If he doesn't want it, just leave!
Don't draft any more of them either, over it  :banghead

What a effing puerile post.

Given most of this thread has become about race it is hard to distinguish what is about race and what is;t.
Anyway, FNM if that is what you meant, my apologies.
Thank you  :thumbsup
Now, back to the issue, is there a problem with coo... Indigenous players, that sometimes they're just not worth the effort if there isn't a want by them to really want to play the game?  Wouldn't you prefer (after this example) to go for someone else (regardless of nationality, religion, race) who wants to play, wants to leave his home, mum, dad, humpy, whatever?
What I'm saying is I'm sick and tired of nurturing babies who can't handle the big time.
The AFL should set up schools for all young kids to let them know what they're in for, teach them how to look after themselves - how to handle money, media, finding houses, schools, whatever it takes to make them independent, confident.
Is it racist to say we're dealing with a group who have problems more than most?  That is what I'm saying.  I'm just saying, is it worth it to continually try and baby them in the hope that one time they might come good?  I would have said yes plenty of times, but after numerous problems, numerous times when someone just can't handle the basics of life, you have to scratch your head and say just FHO, let him go home and give some other kid who would give his eye teeth to play.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #967 on: May 22, 2011, 12:12:42 PM »
There was an interesting article in the local rag yesterday about the problems indigenous players from the territory have making the adjustments. A big part of the problem is how their family structure works.

The same article mentioned how Liam jurrah is currently under immense pressure from his clan to return home and help them in a year old family feud.

That sort of poo is just stuffed.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Ox

« Reply #968 on: May 22, 2011, 12:18:09 PM »
Get a new family.
Marry a white chick.
Build a stuffing fridge.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #969 on: May 22, 2011, 09:09:23 PM »

Is this for real? lol
He needs assistance?  :rollin

he comes from the desert.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #970 on: May 22, 2011, 09:21:57 PM »
There was an interesting article in the local rag yesterday about the problems indigenous players from the territory have making the adjustments. A big part of the problem is how their family structure works.

The same article mentioned how Liam jurrah is currently under immense pressure from his clan to return home and help them in a year old family feud.

That sort of poo is just stuffed.

Yeah, it was an interesting read, actually both parts the first bit in Friday's HUN & then yesterday

There was also a really interesting article/interview with Carl Peterson in the Age, talking about the problems he had adjusting to the demands of footy and the way he was bought up to deal with things compared to how "we" (main stream society) deal with things. It was interesting - and let me stress he wasn't in anyway making excuses for stuffing things up just trying to explain why he did some of the things he did   
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers confident Troy Taylor will return to AFL (Fairfax)
« Reply #971 on: May 27, 2011, 07:51:42 PM »
Tigers confident Taylor will return to AFL
Larine Statham
May 27, 2011 - 7:19PM
AAP

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick is confident absent recruit Troy Taylor "will come to the right decision" and rejoin his teammates.

Taylor, who made his AFL debut with the Tigers last season, walked out on the club in March to return to the Northern Territory after battling various problems, including an assault charge and homesickness.

Hardwick, ahead of Saturday night's clash with Port Adelaide, told reporters Richmond's football general manager Craig Cameron would meet with Taylor while the ninth-placed club was in Darwin.

"Our thing with Troy is that he's got to make up his mind about whether he's willing to commit to AFL footy," Hardwick said.

"I've no doubt he's got the talent.

"I think eventually he will come to the right decision."

Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale said the club had spent a lot of time with the 19-year-old forward.

"It's probably fair to say we've already made a lot of compromises," Gale said.

"AFL football is tough, it can be uncompromising and we will do whatever we can to support our players to rise to the challenge.

"At this stage if he is prepared to accept the responsibility that comes with being an AFL footballer we'd be happy to talk with Troy, that's for sure.

"He's still a listed AFL player."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/tigers-confident-taylor-will-return-to-afl-20110527-1f89w.html

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #972 on: May 27, 2011, 08:08:58 PM »
Well done the the RFC for going all out to help this kid succeed and realise the chance he has, although I do not completely agree with the club that they have ''made a lot of comprimises''.

Troy, you may wan't to realise the opportunity you have been given, get back to the club, knuckle down and repay the club the same respect they have offered you!! :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

the claw

« Reply #973 on: May 27, 2011, 11:07:41 PM »

Is this for real? lol
He needs assistance?  :rollin

he comes from the desert.

some desert its a big cosmopolitan city called darwin. where it seems all tt has learnt is how to rob service stations and gate crash parties and punch people. i suppose aboriginals dont live in houses up darwin way.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #974 on: May 28, 2011, 12:50:37 AM »
Troy Taylor still welcome at Richmond: Hardwick

Grey Morris in Darwin
    May 28, 2011

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has again put out the welcome mat for Troy Taylor - on the proviso he conforms to standards required of an AFL player.

Hardwick was asked about Taylor, who has walked out on the Tigers twice, while in Darwin to prepare his players for tonight's Round 10 game against Port Adelaide.

"Troy's up here and (football manager) Craig Cameron will catch up with him," the coach said.

"Our thing with Troy is, he's got to make up his mind on whether he commits to AFL footy. I've got no doubts he has got the talent. It's whether he's prepared to commit to an AFL standard that we set as a footy club.

"I think eventually he will come to the right decision. It's just a matter of taking some time.

"We've put in a submission to the AFL that he can play with NT Thunder, we think it's beneficial for his footy that he keeps involved with the game."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/troy-taylor-still-welcome-at-richmond-hardwick/story-e6frf9mx-1226064480332