Author Topic: Taylor Hunt [merged]  (Read 87954 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Taylor Hunt [merged]
« Reply #240 on: April 02, 2015, 11:40:15 PM »
27 Possies tonight. Not bad for a footy reject.  I agree his disposal can lack polish but nearly everyone on the field lacked polish tonight. Maybe its the early season rust, maybe it was the game style of the two teams.
hmm hardly a reject. geelong have often said they didnt want to lose him but just couldnt fit him in.
he has a point to prove this yr  and like a lot of players will go well in yr one after being cut, hes likely to do well. . im asking in yr 2  will we get the hunt that geelong just couldnt fit in.
hes a foot soldier who has a role to play. i have no doubt that as soon as he cant perform that role he will become a liability. lets hope he can eh.

oh to finish if today is an example just maybe our blokes have a model to follow when it comes to hard running. im not bagging this bloke he fills a need but hes a role player with limitations lets not lose sight of that.
very good game tonight i hope it is the norm.

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #241 on: April 02, 2015, 11:41:30 PM »
miles mk2  :clapping

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #242 on: April 03, 2015, 01:29:09 AM »
27 Possies tonight. Not bad for a footy reject.  I agree his disposal can lack polish but nearly everyone on the field lacked polish tonight. Maybe its the early season rust, maybe it was the game style of the two teams.
hmm hardly a reject. geelong have often said they didnt want to lose him but just couldnt fit him in.
he has a point to prove this yr  and like a lot of players will go well in yr one after being cut, hes likely to do well. . im asking in yr 2  will we get the hunt that geelong just couldnt fit in.
hes a foot soldier who has a role to play. i have no doubt that as soon as he cant perform that role he will become a liability. lets hope he can eh.

oh to finish if today is an example just maybe our blokes have a model to follow when it comes to hard running. im not bagging this bloke he fills a need but hes a role player with limitations lets not lose sight of that.

Could not disagree more.
Everybody has weaknesses in their game. Taylor Hunt runs hard, tackles well and has fantastic foot skills as he rarely misses a target.
He is a fantastic pick up.

Why are you even talking about his second year when we are at game one of the first? There are so many things that can happen between now and then.

Embrace him as an astute pick up. It's not good being so pessimistic all the time.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #243 on: April 03, 2015, 03:26:20 AM »
I hope he works out but im not confident. Geelong delisted him.
Lets hope that makes him :help a consistent contributor for us. :pray

Yeah but he's a better class of reject, I mean a Geelong reject should at least be an upgrade from the usual Melbourne or pre-Hinkley Port rejects.
Great point. And already looks like a winning selection.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #244 on: April 03, 2015, 08:34:16 AM »
Was very very good, took it on and won, really kept us in the game early and went hard.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

No More

« Reply #245 on: April 03, 2015, 10:28:59 AM »
I think Claw is very hard on Hunt. We don't need him to be a Cotchin or a Martin or a Deledio we just need him to get the footy 18-20 times a game and deliver it, we need him to keep running and being handy on a Wing. I like the mix that Hunt and McIntosh bring as our wingers.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #246 on: April 03, 2015, 11:28:46 AM »
Was very very good, took it on and won, really kept us in the game early and went hard.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #247 on: April 03, 2015, 11:48:49 AM »
I think Claw is very hard on Hunt. We don't need him to be a Cotchin or a Martin or a Deledio we just need him to get the footy 18-20 times a game and deliver it, we need him to keep running and being handy on a Wing. I like the mix that Hunt and McIntosh bring as our wingers.
Exactly. Well said Ramps.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #248 on: April 03, 2015, 11:53:56 AM »
His disposal isn't as bad as what people are saying. It looks a little weird when he gets rid of the ball, maybe due to his running style but he doesn't miss many targets at all. Not just last night, I'm talking about his time at Geelong also.

Great pick up either way. I was confident he would be good for us and he delivered well above last night. Still not sure why he was cut from Geelong, think there were 2-3 other blokes that should have been let go before him. There loss is our gain though  :thumbsup

If he can stay fit with Ellis, they'll cause some major headaches on the wings for some opposition sides.

tony_montana

« Reply #249 on: April 03, 2015, 12:04:20 PM »
He breaks lines with his gut running, between him and McIntosh we've added some much needed powerful runners.

Know a few Geelong supporters who never agreed with letting him go

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #250 on: April 03, 2015, 12:14:25 PM »
Exactly. Well said Ramps.

If Hunt is one of those players that becomes a consistent B grader for us with quality 18-20 avg stats per game then that will help us to bridge the gap on those top 4-6 sides and make us better.
I see no issue with us getting him nor looking that far ahead into season 2 either.
Will be an important link in the chain for us who will have above average games like last night from time to time. Looking at where I have come from as a Richmond fan I will take what I can get realistically without being overly optimistic or pessimistic. :thumbsup

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: April 03, 2015, 12:22:16 PM »

Could not disagree more.
Everybody has weaknesses in their game. Taylor Hunt runs hard, tackles well and has fantastic foot skills as he rarely misses a target.
He is a fantastic pick up.

Why are you even talking about his second year when we are at game one of the first? There are so many things that can happen between now and then.

Embrace him as an astute pick up. It's not good being so pessimistic all the time.
thought it was pretty clear by now i dont jump on band wagons. when hunt can consistently play to a good standard week in week out
 then i will embrace him. until then its one week at a time as they say in footy.

as already stated good game from the bloke i hope he maintains the standard.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #252 on: April 03, 2015, 01:33:24 PM »
Job well done last night. He will only get better as he gets games in his legs.  :thumbsup  :gotigers

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #253 on: April 03, 2015, 01:50:08 PM »
Let's just embrace the fact Hunt will now be our solid B-grade player, not the duds we had like Grigg

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #254 on: April 03, 2015, 05:08:38 PM »
He breaks lines with his gut running, between him and McIntosh we've added some much needed powerful runners.

Know a few Geelong supporters who never agreed with letting him go

x2

Good game.