Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 100289 times)

Offline MaccaDacca

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones [merged]
« Reply #255 on: September 14, 2021, 05:10:25 PM »
It would still give us 3 top 20 picks so we'll have to be happy with that

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #256 on: September 14, 2021, 05:15:30 PM »
Yeah pick 20 from North is fair. Ready to play 200cm player will be better than any player they will get in the draft

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #257 on: September 14, 2021, 07:54:58 PM »
Norf apparently have offered him..,..................wait for it...........5 year's @ $450k a year.  No wonder we're no chance.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #258 on: September 14, 2021, 07:56:39 PM »
another big footy scoop?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #259 on: September 14, 2021, 08:04:58 PM »
I'll be dirty on him if he leaves.

Bit of a Higgins. Too pussy to earn his spot, especially after costing someone else their job.

If it's North they have us by the balls. Need to hope the last shred of decency in CCJ demands that RFC is compensated for his loss.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: September 14, 2021, 08:47:25 PM »
We're getting bananas if he goes to norf. Theyre pushing him to the psd.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #261 on: September 14, 2021, 09:01:09 PM »
If he goes to the psd he’ll need to go to Sth America to live the rest of his life. All 100k plus Richmomd supporters will hound him for his absolute campaigner act

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #262 on: September 14, 2021, 09:10:12 PM »
CCJ
Callum Campaigner Judas

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #263 on: September 14, 2021, 09:41:44 PM »
another big footy scoop?

Yeah nah BF's main Richmond snout reckons he's a "lock" to GC....so he's probably  off to Norf or staying put... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #264 on: September 14, 2021, 11:12:04 PM »
450 for 5 years doesn’t seem something too far off , I hope they keep him as he has shown enough for me to know he will be in our top 22
Big blokes always take time to develop

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #265 on: September 15, 2021, 03:36:21 AM »
Quality talls could force out Tiger

Richmond’s Callum Coleman-Jones will make a decision on his future in the next 48 hours but looks well placed to join North Melbourne given the Tigers’ ruck strength.

Gold Coast believes he will eventually find his way to the Roos after their interest was rebuffed because of his determination to remain in Victoria.

Both South Australian-based clubs have strong ruck stocks so he was never likely to return to Adelaide.

Richmond has offered a two-year deal but admits it will play Toby Nankervis and Ivan Soldo as their rucks next year.

The Tigers are keen to keep Coleman-Jones despite interest from North Melbourne and Gold Coast.

He served an AFL Covid-related suspension early in the year and when he was not injured he played seniors in eight games of diminishing returns.

After four goals against Adelaide then two goals against each of Essendon and West Coast he kicked three goals in his last five games playing ruck-forward.

He knows Jack Riewoldt could retire at the end of 2022, but if he wants to play ruck the dependable Nankervis and Soldo will take the ruck reins next year as Soldo returns from an ACL.

It means the Roos would guarantee opportunity playing as a key tall.

Keeping Coleman-Jones at the club is a much bigger priority than retaining the inconsistent Chol, who kicked four goals against Brisbane but only three goals in nine other games.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/news/moneyball-follow-all-the-latest-news-on-player-movement-and-potential-trades-in-the-afl/news-story/902e05ce0c811960e3161633e63cdff6

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: September 15, 2021, 10:34:33 AM »
There’s no stuffen way soldo plays ahead of CCJ. If chol
Leaves, the door is wide open for ccj to step into the side. Must keep one of chol or ccj

Offline MaccaDacca

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2021, 10:41:51 AM »
If fit, Soldo absolutely plays ahead of CCJ at this stage imo.

Natural improvement in CCJ may change that, but as it stands our premiership ruckman, Soldo, is a VERY important player to our team.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #268 on: September 15, 2021, 11:15:48 AM »
I would like to keep him but you only have a limited time to play this game. Has served his apprenticeship and is seeking game time in the seniors. Obviously he will not play ahead of Tom or Jack hence is looking at what playing for another club looks like. We cant keep all the tall players we have unless they are satisfied with reserve grade footy- it's a good thing they are not!
Should he leave, good on him and I trust we will arrange a fair trade. 

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #269 on: September 15, 2021, 12:18:59 PM »
I really hope we can find a way to keep him. Sure he might not get 22 games next year but he is a big chance of playing in a Flag and I couldnt imagine playing as a deep forward for North would be a great experience. Thats the way I would be trying to sell it anyway.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!