Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 100457 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones wants to be traded to Norf [merged]
« Reply #360 on: September 28, 2021, 04:08:58 PM »
Last time I looked there’s a few clubs who need a ruck/forward - not just the Roos.
And, as the laws of supply and demand dictate, lack of supply will drive the price up

Empty comments. Unless another club convinces CCJ it's worth his time to look elsewhere then we are stuffed.

Honestly though you would think there are other clubs keen. Dons, Dogs, Cats, GC, GWS. All of them should be asking the question.

I hear the new noise about GC but for now he has told the club he wants North and nobody else to my knowledge has made him an offer that he likes.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #361 on: September 28, 2021, 10:18:31 PM »
Where still in September mate. It’s 3 weeks away from even getting warmed up….
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #362 on: September 28, 2021, 10:59:09 PM »
Lol, I trying to working out why CCJ would have this great loyalty to the North Melbourne? Wouldn’t he want the best deal , the one that gets the best dollars, longest term, regular ruck spot and a chance to play finals. Like someone said there are a lot of clubs looking for ruckman and the trade 😱negotiations don’t start for weeks😱

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #363 on: September 29, 2021, 12:37:29 AM »
Lol, I trying to working out why CCJ would have this great loyalty to the North Melbourne? Wouldn’t he want the best deal , the one that gets the best dollars, longest term, regular ruck spot and a chance to play finals. Like someone said there are a lot of clubs looking for ruckman and the trade 😱negotiations don’t start for weeks😱

Yes and for that reason he is loyal to north Melbourne. His agent didn’t only just start taking calls a couple weeks ago, they would have sounded out other clubs offers long ago and NM are giving him the best deal length and money wise.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #364 on: September 29, 2021, 07:18:52 AM »
And if another club gives a better offer?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #365 on: September 29, 2021, 07:27:13 AM »

Are you suggesting other clubs aren't asking the question until the trade period starts? You'd be a terrible list manager haha. You've clearly not paid any attention to the last 20 odd pages.

CCJ has said he either wants to stay in Melb or move back to SA. No SA club has made him an offer I believe.

North offering 4 years at around $450,000, which is already ludicrous, with ruck duties looming after Goldy retirement. Even the 401k fund GCS would be reluctant to offer that sort of money but they would have to above North to get his interest since he has basically ruled out a move to QLD or NSW.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #366 on: September 29, 2021, 09:58:23 AM »
Some people only read the articles that support their argument and not other articles and quotes from the club that say the opposite  . To suggest that things can’t change and that a negotiation will turn out the way the media or how we think it will is interesting.
I’m suggesting other clubs will keep asking and that you are guessing how it will turn out.

The club are not saying that they will surrender and take the lowest offer but maybe we know better than the club.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #367 on: September 29, 2021, 01:23:49 PM »
I've made my opinion on it very clear.

Unless another VIC or SA club has a real go, or a NSW/QLD club makes a huge offer, we are over a barrel if we have to deal with North.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #368 on: September 29, 2021, 01:48:22 PM »
"I can't see them winning the Callum Coleman-Jones trade, with the leverage North Melbourne have got.

- Sam Edmund on Richmond

"I don't think Richmond are in a position to be playing hard ball with Callum Coleman-Jones, North Melbourne can just get him at the pre-season draft."

- Adam Cooney

https://twitter.com/traderadio

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #369 on: September 29, 2021, 01:57:44 PM »
We will screw them in the future they know that.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #370 on: September 29, 2021, 02:47:16 PM »
Opinions are like AH’s , end of the day everyone has one and they are not facts.
No reason  we can’t do a deal ( picks /players) with another club if all are agreeable.
If it’s only pick 38 (40+)let him walk to the PSD , and target in on their kids / better players.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #371 on: September 29, 2021, 03:04:19 PM »
"I can't see them winning the Callum Coleman-Jones trade, with the leverage North Melbourne have got.

- Sam Edmund on Richmond

"I don't think Richmond are in a position to be playing hard ball with Callum Coleman-Jones, North Melbourne can just get him at the pre-season draft."

- Adam Cooney

These guys are halfwits.  If norf elect to take him in the Preseason draft he can't train with them until the start of December.  For a new player trying to fit in and learn the game plan its not going to work.  The coach will insist he is there on Day 1.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #372 on: September 29, 2021, 03:04:58 PM »
When your only suitor is the bottom side then it doesn't say much for you ...     
If we can trade him to another side for anything, then we should take it & run!     :whistle       

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #373 on: September 29, 2021, 04:02:53 PM »

- Sam Edmund on Richmond

- Adam Cooney

These guys are halfwits.  If norf elect to take him in the Preseason draft he can't train with them until the start of December.  For a new player trying to fit in and learn the game plan its not going to work.  The coach will insist he is there on Day 1.

Doubt they care if he comes a few weeks early or late. It's a 4 year deal on offer.

When your only suitor is the bottom side then it doesn't say much for you ...     
If we can trade him to another side for anything, then we should take it & run!     :whistle       

If the player is agreeable to said trade.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #374 on: September 29, 2021, 04:23:53 PM »
I wouldn't be at all surprised if this takes a few twists and turns before the dust settles

While I understand that N0rt can get him for free in the PSD

I'd still be sitting back and making this drag on to the last hour of the trade period....

Facilitating an early trade to appease this young bloke and his manager shouldn't be our priority... CCJ can wait, N0rt can wait and his manager can certainly wait
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)