Author Topic: Dustin Martin's contract talk thread / Dusty a Tiger for next 7 years [update]  (Read 166310 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
wonder what dusty is thinking now after another reminder of how this club will never win a flag in his lifetime as a footballer?
Hopefully he is thinking of ways to stop a pee easy clearance from happening in the dying seconds of a game.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
wonder what dusty is thinking now after another reminder of how this club will never win a flag in his lifetime as a footballer?
Says a former die-hard supporter of the very same club ...     :wallywink

efa knob jockey :gotigers
Good to hear, it's about time you left!  Watch the door on your way out ... 
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

I am sure we won't be lucky enough to be spared

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Hopefully he is thinking of ways to stop a pee easy clearance from happening in the dying seconds of a game.

Who was forward of the ball and why?

It was his man no doubt about that but let's not forget about the previous 3 quarters shall we

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

Happy Mother's Day  :thumbsup
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dusty calls Caro's claims about him and his manager "fake news"
« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2017, 11:17:57 PM »
Dusty has let fire on twitter about what Caro said on Footy Classified tonight.

Caro said Dusty's manager Ralph Carr has been shopping Dusty around to all other clubs asking what are they offering. She added that that doesn't mean Dusty is leaving Richmond but that's what his manager is doing.

https://twitter.com/FootyClassified/status/864098571896762378

Dusty then fired back on twitter with this:

"more fake news on TV tonight  on me & my manager by a footy journo …real fake news…no idea"

https://twitter.com/DustinMartin4/status/864096033369767936

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Fake Tweet.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
It's widely believed the club leaks info to Caro....hope Martin & Carr don't put two and two together and think they put her up to it...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Dusty calls Caro's claims about him and his manager "fake news"
« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2017, 05:49:10 AM »
Dusty has let fire on twitter about what Caro said on Footy Classified tonight.

Caro said Dusty's manager Ralph Carr has been shopping Dusty around to all other clubs asking what are they offering. She added that that doesn't mean Dusty is leaving Richmond but that's what his manager is doing.

https://twitter.com/FootyClassified/status/864098571896762378

Dusty then fired back on twitter with this:

"more fake news on TV tonight  on me & my manager by a footy journo …real fake news…no idea"

https://twitter.com/DustinMartin4/status/864096033369767936
Dusty sounds like a natural president. He should go into politics.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
But he's not an eff wit
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
Any player manager worth his salt would be assessing his client's value in the open market place so a fair contract can be negotiated with the club of his client's choice.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
For Mason Wood and their first round pick? :shh
If he wants to leave, I'd do that in a heartbeat..
Yuk

What, would you rather persist with Elton? Or are you on the Griff wagon now? :lol

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
For Mason Wood and their first round pick? :shh
If he wants to leave, I'd do that in a heartbeat..
Yuk

What, would you rather persist with Elton? Or are you on the Griff wagon now? :lol
I'd rather keep Dusty and watch Griff bump into things, yes.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
But he's not an eff wit

Yeah but the merkin certainly is......so by extension Dusty is if he continues to support him

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Mentor Mark Williams says there is ‘no chance’ Richmond star Dustin Martin would move to Adelaide

Andrew Capel,
The Advertiser
17 May 2017

DUSTIN Martin’s mentor says there is “no chance’’ the gamebreaking Richmond midfielder will join Adelaide next season.

Port Adelaide premiership coach and former Tigers assistant Mark Williams, who has been Victorian Martin’s closest confidant, says he would advise the much-sought-after star not to consider any offers from the Crows or Power.

Brownlow Medal fancy Martin is out of contract at the end of the season and considering his future amid reports he could be offered as much as $1 million a year to change clubs.

“I remember talking to (former West Coast and Richmond champion) Benny Cousins. . . at a time when he was out of contract and that maybe he would (move to SA),’’ Williams said.

“I said, ‘listen, Ben - there is no chance you could survive in Adelaide’. And I’m saying to Dusty there is no chance he could survive there, either.

“The fishbowl that Adelaide is and the amount of media that want to talk about you, everyone knows what you are doing every minute of the day - that’s not for Dusty.”

“There is no chance (he will go to Adelaide).’’

Williams’ comments on Channel Nine’s Footy SA come after former St Kilda and North Melbourne onballer Nick Dal Santo last week suggested the Crows should go after the powerful Martin to boost a questionable midfield and help form a “dream team’’ pairing like Geelong’s Joel Selwood and Patrick Dangerfield.

“If Dustin Martin was going to go to any club you say yes please, how much? His price is getting more each week the way he is playing,” Dal Santo told The Advertiser.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/adelaide/mentor-mark-williams-says-there-is-no-chance-richmond-star-dustin-martin-would-move-to-adelaide/news-story/02c4b14e80ac4be161109baafa3c49fc