Author Topic: Biggest sooky little babies?  (Read 198812 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Biggest sooky little babies?
« Reply #510 on: May 05, 2020, 07:51:59 PM »
Matthew Pavlich tonight the latest to whinge about us having 7 straight games at the 'G and also said the Grand Final should be moved away from the MCG and around the country like the NFL.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #511 on: May 05, 2020, 08:10:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1257596160463605761

Quote from: "Marko Kowalski
Dusty way over rated as a player!... has no left foot, no defensive side to his game, completely unaccountable to his direct opposition... doesnt take a over head mark either... Just a good ordinary player
Quote from: Graham Robinson
7 Melbourne based game is a row, 4 flags in a row. Then chase the cash.
Quote from: Liam Lynch
None, but Dusty wins all the Norm Smiths anyway.
Quote from: Chris Doughty
Dusty lace out to Richo in the goal square. Richo with the spray off the boot. No flags
Quote from: Matthew Krinis
I'm not sure how many flags but I do Richo would have kicked just as many behinds.
Quote from: Philip Boyd
None because Richo would keep hitting the post
Quote from: Perry Cunningham
All of them because today's tigers never leave the g
Quote from: Keaysey
They’d finish 9th every season.
Quote from: lindy
none richo can't play, as for dusty get over yourself

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #512 on: May 06, 2020, 12:40:36 PM »
The Bulldogs went into the match with a 4-2 record, a game behind the AFL's new 'glamour' team Richmond.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/688963/on-this-day-houdini-doggies-escape-again

"new 'glamour' team"  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #513 on: May 06, 2020, 02:00:22 PM »
Port Adelaide Captain Tom Jonas On Victorian Bias In The AFL Fixture

“It’s very Victorian biased,” Jonas said of the fixture on the Rush Hour with Bernie and Jars.

“I mean we travel, what, eight times a year, we travel twice in pre-season, like is that really necessary? We’ve got a two day trip up into Brissie.

“So there’s a little bit of a lack of balance, but you just gotta learn to live with it because it doesn’t seem to change too much.”

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/port-adelaide-captain-tom-jonas-on-victorian-bias-in-the-afl-fixture-160669

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #514 on: May 07, 2020, 02:34:32 AM »
Quote from: Tim Lane
It’s a pathetic discussion. From whatever side of the border(s) you view it, lift your sights. The Vic teams play more games in their own state, the non-Vics play more one-team home games in theirs. Show me what flags haven’t been won by the best team.
Quote from: David @LizardKillSquad
2017 Tim. Crows were better than Tigers over the year...beat Tigers by 60 at AO but Tigers were near unbeatable at their home ground which is where GF played. Not hard Tim
https://twitter.com/LizardKillSquad/status/1257960396385730560

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #515 on: May 07, 2020, 08:15:54 AM »
By the end of 2017 if we had to play Adelaide 10 times we would have beaten them 10 times. They lost the grsnd findl by 48 should have been 12 goals. Irredpective of where it was played Richmond would have won and comfortably.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #516 on: May 07, 2020, 10:07:28 AM »
I think Crows would have won if it was at AO. Tough titties tho. Don't see the Crows of '97-'98 sooking, nor the Lions of '01-'03. West Coast has 4 premierships in the AFL ffs.

GWS last year would have lost anywhere in the world they were so scared.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #517 on: May 07, 2020, 04:23:43 PM »
We were the best side in 2018, doesn't mean much now though.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #518 on: May 09, 2020, 07:13:12 PM »
West Coast premiership coach Adam Simpson admits the fixturing makes it "difficult” for interstate clubs to be successful.

“This day and age with the 18 teams in the comp, the way the fixturing is, it’s difficult to win from interstate.

“I’ve gotta say it’s probably more of a challenge living it now, living it from the west, I feel like it’s a bit harder mate with the travel.

“One thing we don’t do is we don’t want to whinge, we don’t want to complain about it, it is what it is and we get on with it, we like to think that’s how we project things over here, but you know, there’s a challenge to it.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/05/09/premiership-coachs-admission-over-afl-fixture/

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #519 on: May 10, 2020, 10:02:48 AM »
Didnt these idiots win the flag 2 years ago

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #520 on: May 10, 2020, 04:45:12 PM »
They get there 11 home games interstate clubs fullstop massive advantage.Eagles pencil atleast 9 wins from them.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #521 on: May 10, 2020, 06:56:54 PM »
I don't want to whinge but  I gonna sook anyway

Go figure  :wallywink
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #522 on: May 11, 2020, 02:05:57 AM »
Sam Duncan is a lecturer in sports media and marketing.
The Age
May 10 2002

The AFL is an 18-team competition. Ten of the 18 teams are in Victoria. So, exactly how would the non-Victorian teams like the season to be structured? If all other clubs bar one are based in states outside of yours, guess what? You’re going to have to travel a lot.

Then there’s the matter of the home ground advantage. All non-Victorian teams have a distinct home ground advantage that most Victorian teams are simply not afforded. Take the Eagles, for example, who play 11 home games a year in front of 60,000 passionate, vocal, parochial fans, 90 per cent of whom are fervently barracking for them. For every home game, except the local derby against Fremantle, they have the added advantage of playing on a ground they are far more familiar with than their travelling opponents.

This advantage is something Victorian teams don’t always have. Sure, a Victorian team will play home games against non-Victorian teams, but at least half of their home games throughout the year are neutralised by playing against other Victorian teams.

This unfair advantage really comes home to roost in the finals, where non-Victorian teams can march into the grand final off the back off consecutive home finals, while Victorian teams are often left to battle it out against other Victorian teams on neutral grounds.

In 2018, West Coast, having finished second on the ladder, rightly hosted lower-ranked teams Collingwood and then Melbourne in Perth on their way to the grand final. The fact they were playing travelling teams was a huge advantage. Back in Melbourne, top-placed Richmond played their "home" preliminary final against lower-ranked Collingwood at the MCG, which happens to be Collingwood’s home ground. The home ground advantage was neutralised and importantly, so too was the crowd support. Richmond lost.

The fact the grand final is always played at the MCG and that clubs such as Richmond are afforded the luxury of playing seven consecutive weeks at the MCG while others are forced to travel every second week is a rusted-on bugbear of non-Victorian teams. And to be honest, the second of these gripes is fair enough.

But it seems some of the complaints non-Victorian teams have are less about the issue of fairness and more about the realities of playing in an 18-team competition, with 10 teams based in one state.

Yes, it’s odd having strange advantages and disadvantages inherently and unavoidably built into the season. But unfair? I don’t think it would be fair to say that it is.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/level-playing-field-was-the-right-call-by-the-afl-20200508-p54r8y.html

:clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #523 on: May 11, 2020, 02:11:40 AM »
Quote from: garry dearman
It's all been set up for a Richmond finals berth again how many premierships will the AFL give this team. 2019 the most hollow premiership in AFL history
https://twitter.com/garrysd/status/1259032123723276288

Quote from: Jack Hudson
Mate, Geelong have won three flags in the last 20 years and have been consistently competitive throughout that whole time.
Richmond has been a meme up until 2017 when they got blessed by the AFL with a string of good luck.
https://twitter.com/jhudson_10/status/1258982071264874496

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #524 on: May 12, 2020, 08:04:37 PM »
Which match-up would you like to see restart the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season?

Quote from: Kaela Arnold
Not Richmond sick of seeing them start the season don't need to see them restart the season either

Quote from: Karen Turnley
Wow two flags in a couple of years big deal. Flogs

Quote from: Joe Cameràman
Definitely two Melbourne based clubs, because it’s important to remind everyone that while there is the appearance of a national competition it’s still really just the VFL in disguise.

Quote from: JacksonIrma
Not Richmond Carlton anymore please God move on

Quote from: Jon Kelly
I’d like to see Gill take on the entrenched bias against non Victorian teams.
https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1260056274730749953