Author Topic: Tigers’ Flea Amigos - Rioli, Castagna & Butler - have special buzz (Herald-Sun)  (Read 33416 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Castagna kicked three and should have had 5 or 6..... made some horrible mistakes....better sides will punish him...both he & Butler need to pull their heads in a bit...

...so does Martin for that matter.... :shh

Decent kick at goal from the set shot. Don't think any of his other kicks have ever hit the target

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
....and yet some still want him down back... :help
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
20 Amigo goals in 4 games. 

Average of 5 Amigo goals per game .

Fantastic stuff.
And an pretty even spread from all three.

Rioli           7 goals
Castagna  7 goals
Butler       6 goals

Only Jack and Dusty (8 goals each) have kicked more individual goals than the 3 amigos.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Riewoldt is in the form of his life, kicking six exceptional goals as a deep forward surrounded by pressure forwards Daniel Rioli, Jason Castagna and Dan Butler.

He says it is allowing him to thrive as the new-look forward line quickly gels.

“The game is starting to shift that way. We need small forwards and we need them to put pressure on,’’ he told 3AW.

“Those kids are great characters and they work their butts off and I really just love playing with them.

“We have turned into a little family down there and their pressure is something that lets me play my game more and we all feed off each other.

“We were in a bad spot there as a group and at three quarter-time we sat down and had a heart-to-heart conversation about what might get us over the line and talked about our strengths and were able to get over the line.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/jack-riewoldt-says-richmond-primed-for-litmus-test-against-adelaide/news-story/cdc4bde879035653623935d2a49dc21f

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Form of his life really ?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Lmao at dumbfuck commentators and club members pronouncing it CaSTAGna?
#ThinkLasagne
Caracella and Balmey.

Ruanaidh

Castagna kicked three and should have had 5 or 6..... made some horrible mistakes....better sides will punish him...both he & Butler need to pull their heads in a bit...

Decent kick at goal from the set shot. Don't think any of his other kicks have ever hit the target
I reckon he is the most vulnerable of the 3. Bolton will be in the side by years end..... imho. 

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

I reckon he is the most vulnerable of the 3. Bolton will be in the side by years end..... imho.

Going to disagree with you there. Think Butler may be the most vulnerable. Has come across a bit fumbly and dare I say, not as interested?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick says small forwards are becoming the most important players (Age)
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2017, 01:44:03 AM »
Damien Hardwick says small forwards are becoming the most important players

Ronny Lerner
The Age
29 April 2017

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick believes small forwards are gradually becoming the most important players in the game.

Having assembled his own brigade of small forwards this year – Daniel Rioli, Jason Castagna and Dan Butler – with great effect, Hardwick knows first-hand how valuable a commodity they can be.

The trio have made a great start to 2017, combining for 23 goals, 44 tackles and an average of 40 disposals a game, and have played a key role in the undefeated Tigers' best start to a season since 1995.

"You've got to look at Hawthorn two weeks ago when [Paul] Puopolo, [Cyril] Rioli and [Luke] Breust didn't have an impact. All of a sudden Hawthorn get back on track, you know who's having an impact? Those three guys," Hardwick said at Punt Road Oval on Friday.

"I think they're important players to Hawthorn and, to be honest, they're important players to us as well.

"If we get a good balance of offence and defence from both our talls and smalls, we're going to be a better side as a result of it."

As Richmond prepare for their biggest challenge of the season to date against the ladder-leading Crows at Adelaide Oval on Sunday, Hardwick is looking forward to seeing how his young small forwards perform on the same stage as the game's best goalsneak – Adelaide's Eddie Betts.

"We're happy with what those guys have brought in this early part of the season," Hardwick said.

"Castagna, Butler and Rioli have probably formed a little bit of a contingent there that provide great pressure and averaging a good amount of shots on goal as well.

"Eddie's been doing his bit for a long time, so if we can get one of those guys to that sort of standard we'll be pretty happy.

"Our guys are relatively young and inexperienced so there's going to be ups and downs for those boys but if they keep the defensive element of the game up and going it's going to keep them in the game for longer."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/damien-hardwick-says-small-forwards-are-becoming-the-most-important-players-20170428-gvuguq.html

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Only Rioli is still playing good the other two have forgotten what got them all the accolades in the first place.

Time to bring Lloyd back in and Bolton too.

I've lost patience with C Ellis, just might be the softest player I've seen.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I haven't seen a softer player ever than C Ellis and that includes McMahon who used to run away from players

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
George ball use and decision making is not good enough

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
I haven't seen a softer player ever than C Ellis and that includes McMahon who used to run away from players

I had high hopes for this kid but I'm losing all hope.

He's hopelessly soft and now I think it's too late for him.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

Sadly (and I've been a huge wrap for this kid) his "efforts" at times today were ...well... pathetic
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

not dimwits fault though, nothing is right?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.