Author Topic: NAB Cup 1 - Richmond vs Melbourne vs North Melbourne  (Read 13344 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: NAB Cup 1 - Richmond vs Melbourne vs North Melbourne
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2013, 03:30:20 AM »
As Hawthorn found out last year against us in the final game when they played the 2nd and 3rd matches back to back, it's hard to run out the final game if you've played the middle one. It's no surprise that we beat Melbourne comfortably afresh while North kicked 5 of their 7 goals in the last 5 minutes of each half against us. We clearly started to fatigue in the final game.

We pretty much did as we pleased against Melbourne. Except for some umpire charity  ::), the Dees never looked like scoring for most of that game. Newy and Houli totally sliced them open.

North however was more even given we changed to a more inexperienced side. They beat us comfortably in the clearances which can be blamed on not having big Ivan in the ruck and Dimma trying lesser and newer names in the centre.

All up the standard was fairly decent for February and our transition play from defence and through the middle was very good most of the time (when we didn't overuse the handball). Best of all no one got injured  :highclap. Vlastuin, Ellis and Petterd will add a fair bit to the side if they keep up that sort of form in the real stuff.  Jackson and Nahas will find themselves pushed out and down to Coburg along with McGuane, Whitey and Derickx.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Rampstar

« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2013, 05:24:44 AM »
Do we still have a chance of going through to the next round of this comp? Pretty sure some lucky losers go through? Thinking with a 15 pt win and a 4 pt loss might be enough? Would be nice to go through and play this for another round or 2 rather than the regional grounds.

lol Ramps, that's so 2008!! We play through regardless! Most wins + percentage plays off in he GF ;)

You do know I havent been part of your conversation  :huh

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2013, 08:23:20 AM »
5 things I learnt
Nick V will be a gun
Vickery needs to play second ruck
Griffiths CHF
Petterd should be elevated
A Edwards/Mcguane/White/Hackson are 4 complete duds that should not play a single game this year

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2013, 09:39:53 AM »
Do we still have a chance of going through to the next round of this comp? Pretty sure some lucky losers go through? Thinking with a 15 pt win and a 4 pt loss might be enough? Would be nice to go through and play this for another round or 2 rather than the regional grounds.

lol Ramps, that's so 2008!! We play through regardless! Most wins + percentage plays off in he GF ;)

:lol :lol :lol sorry mate, not sure what happened there :rollin

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2013, 11:33:24 AM »

:lol :lol :lol sorry mate, not sure what happened there :rollin
I think its called the Cascade effect. ;D

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2013, 12:27:56 PM »
what does Watts think he is doing growing a beard, he just looks like a girl with facial hair now.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2013, 12:38:37 PM »
what does Watts think he is doing growing a beard, he just looks like a girl with facial hair now.

It reminded me of fuzz on a peach. Mmm pretty lady  :-*

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2013, 12:44:59 PM »
5 things I learnt
Nick V will be a gun
Griffiths CHF
A Edwards/Mcguane/White/Hackson are 4 complete duds that should not play a single game this year

I thought "the lockup" was going to be the answer to our prayers up forward. 40+ goals. Great foil for Jack. He was going to be a revelation and free up Jack so he wasn't double teamed like in the past. Etc. etc. etc. .....

......well that's what I read on this forum anyway.  :whistle
The club that keeps giving.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2013, 01:09:19 PM »

Pick 1 in a draft used on a loose man in defence.... :rollin
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

dwaino

« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2013, 01:19:50 PM »

Pick 1 in a draft used on a loose man in defence.... :rollin

I heard he's going to be good one day  :shh

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2013, 02:00:14 PM »
Hi to all the groggies and old timers and the young cubs too.
Miss you all.

Cya at the Family day.

Oh Dustin Martin!!!!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2013, 02:16:26 PM »
5 things I learnt
Nick V will be a gun
Griffiths CHF

I thought "the lockup" was going to be the answer to our prayers up forward. 40+ goals. Great foil for Jack. He was going to be a revelation and free up Jack so he wasn't double teamed like in the past. Etc. etc. etc. .....

......well that's what I read on this forum anyway:whistle
who said that?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2013, 02:46:36 PM »
Just watched the replays and Cotchin, Deledio and Martin were all on the bench when the 2nd half still had 16+ minutes to go on the clock.  I didn't notice any of them on the field again after that except for Dusty right near the end so virtually the whole second half of the North game we played without our regular midfield.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2013, 03:18:25 PM »
Just watched the replays and Cotchin, Deledio and Martin were all on the bench when the 2nd half still had 16+ minutes to go on the clock.  I didn't notice any of them on the field again after that except for Dusty right near the end so virtually the whole second half of the North game we played without our regular midfield.
Just shows we weren't really taking it that seriously. Dimma knows Cotch, Lids and Dusty can play so no point running them into the ground in February with different scoring and rules.  The preseason is there to give more game time to the newbies, youngsters and fringe players and see how they stand up against real opposition.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2013, 03:38:46 PM »

It reminded me of fuzz on a peach. Mmm pretty lady  :-*

Was dirty on Morris running too far and giving away the 50 resulting in him kicking a goal. :help

Still good to see him stay off the contest and look for the easy ball being totally unaccountable.

The princess fits right in at Melbourne. Must be shattered Kate is having a baby in July. :lol :rollin :lol