Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176125 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Tigers should trade Deledio: Robbo .... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2016, 03:04:15 PM »
 :lol
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2016, 02:16:26 PM »
Apparently

4 of te best 20 players go to gws via  french riviera zoning afl bastard rules

A pick 10 for lids is not really pick 10

Like how rioli was not really a pick 12 after all the funny. Buggers
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2016, 03:07:18 PM »
Look on the bright side Bents...if Deledio leaves, we can finally get rid of Grigg.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2016, 05:55:13 PM »
What has he done to deserve to go through his career without ever winning a final, let alone a premiership?
Players that don't win a premiership dont deserve to be 1 club players?
After having  coaches the ilk of Hardwick,Wallace and even Rawlings  its a bloody miracle he isn't rocking back and forth in the fetal position.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2016, 07:04:15 PM »
What has he done to deserve to go through his career without ever winning a final, let alone a premiership?
After having  coaches the ilk of Hardwick,Wallace and even Rawlings  its a bloody miracle he isn't rocking back and forth in the fetal position.

Exactly why he should be traded if he wants to.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2016, 07:09:04 PM »
:huh3
yep, and as yeahright pointed out......
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2016, 08:35:00 PM »
If Lids wants to go then good luck to him. Cant recall anything suggesting that he wants to leave though.
Some players are capable of playing well past the age of 30 so trying to move him on(if he wants to stay)would not be sending a good message to the group.
stuff off all the squibs & Pea hearts that are on the list & that will send the right message to the group.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2016, 09:07:58 PM »
If Lids wants to go then good luck to him. Cant recall anything suggesting that he wants to leave though.
Some players are capable of playing well past the age of 30 so trying to move him on(if he wants to stay)would not be sending a good message to the group.
stuff off all the squibs & Pea hearts that are on the list & that will send the right message to the group.
My thoughts exactly.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Trade talk a joke for Tiger Lids (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2016, 11:40:30 AM »
Trade talk a joke for Tiger Lids

Herald-Sun
12 May 2016

RICHMOND star Brett Deledio has admitted he has “toyed with” the idea of leaving Punt Rd, but is adamant he is staying a Tiger.

Deledio, who is contracted until the end of next year, joked that he has used talk of his value on the trade table for the club as fodder with teammates.

And while he conceded it has crossed his mind, the thoughts are fleeting.

“I can’t (see myself leaving Richmond),” Deledio told RSN.

“You do toy with the idea, maybe in the off-season when things haven’t gone so well, but it’s not something that I have ever really genuinely thought about.

“I’m a very happy Richmond player and very happy building the team that we’ve got going at the moment. We’ve got some work ahead of us.”

Richmond plays Sydney at the MCG on Saturday night with the hope of breaking its six-game losing streak, with Deledio saying personnel troubles have had a lot to do with the club’s problems.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-star-brett-deledio-admits-he-toyed-with-leaving-the-tigers/news-story/b9ba75eb01c94a8d0315e65ffd737660

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
'Lids' not keen to be Tiger trade bait ... (afl site)
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2016, 11:56:52 AM »
'Lids' not keen to be Tiger trade bait

AFL.com.au
12 May 2016

RICHMOND vice-captain Brett Deledio is hopeful the club does not consider him trade bait at the end of this season if it chooses to target more prime draft picks.

Deledio is contracted to the end of next season but there have been suggestions the club should trade him to bring in a first-round draft pick before he becomes a free agent at the end of 2017.

AFL.com.au has reported the Tigers are understood to have no intention of trading Deledio, or their other 2017 free agent, Dustin Martin.

"I just hope it's not Richmond supporters or Richmond recruiting staff or the coaching staff that want to get rid of me," Deledio told RSN927 on Thursday.

"I'm happy if it is [the media] that are calling for my head, but I'm very happy as a Richmond player and very happy building the team we've got going at the moment.

"I'm contracted until the end of next year, so I'm staying put for now."

When asked if he could see himself leaving the Tigers, Deledio said: "I can't. You do toy with the idea at times, maybe in the off-season when things haven't gone so well, but it's not something I have ever really genuinely thought about."

He said players at Richmond would discuss free agency at times, but "very much in jest".

"It's all a bit of fun really," he said.

"When we have a really bad meeting or something, [someone will say], 'It doesn't matter boys I'm out of here anyway. I'm going to the Doggies, apparently'."   

Richmond's 1-6 start to the season to the season has not shaken Deledio's faith in the group, two weeks after he declared the Tigers had a list capable of winning a premiership. 

He said the return of captain Trent Cotchin and All Australian defender Alex Rance for Saturday night's clash against the Sydney Swans should help the team turn the corner.   

"It's a different story when you've got your best team on the park, you're not waiting for kids who haven't played a lot of footy to do a job that they're probably not ready to do," he said.   

"Whether that is because of injury, stupidity or form, we just haven't all played together.

"We're getting back towards that this week, and we'll hopefully see a couple more return in the coming weeks that gets us back to our best 22."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-12/lids-not-keen-to-be-tiger-trade-bait

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2016, 12:04:49 PM »
As a massive servant of the club, if Lids doesn't want to be traded then I think the club should respect that. The guy is a jet and if the club fixes its recruiting/footy/fitness department this guy will play more games than Boomer Harvey

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2016, 12:20:56 PM »
Just got to love the mediocrity crew

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2016, 12:22:59 PM »

Mediocrity is giving away your best asset

Meanwhile, a quarter of the list are list blockers

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2016, 12:37:09 PM »
As a massive servant of the club, if Lids doesn't want to be traded then I think the club should respect that. The guy is a jet and if the club fixes its recruiting/footy/fitness department this guy will play more games than Boomer Harvey

Doesn't matter what the club does, they can't trade him if he doesn't want to anyway

Give away one of your best assets to upgrade on 2-3 of those list blockers

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2016, 12:38:34 PM »

Your not going to be able to upgrade  on quality by changing spuds for gold no matter how many you package together