Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 175140 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers should trade Deledio: Robbo .... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2016, 07:19:07 PM »
I know the club won't as they are spineless but I would definitely consider trading Lids.
It's a tough call as he has been a star for the club but his time is coming to an end, like it or not.
But you wouldn't take less than a top 5 pick for him. Even a top 3 pick.
GWS would jump at it and I think you would have to consider it.
As they always say, the club is bigger than an individual.

The way it's looking and if we use our brain we could have a top 5 pick for Lids and a top 3 pick for being completely poo at the end of the year.
Trade out BEllis, Conca, Griff and Vickery for second round picks and we would have some decent picks to kickstart our club.

I also do agree with others that FJ needs to be marched out the door ASAP if we plan to go down this track as its pointless with that d/ckhead in charge of recruiting.

Pick up Clarke and Hurley for free and we are back in the game again..

It's time for the club to get tough. If players have contracts and we want to trade them, just tell them it's agree to a trade or waste away in the seconds. It's not that hard to push people out even if the don't want to go. 

Anyway all wishful thinking as the club still thinks we can make finals.  :lol

Gws will win next 5 flags with lids
GWS wouldn't be playing him in a back pocket.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2016, 07:21:20 PM »
Been saying this for weeks.

Needs to be tabled to Lids to see how he feels about it. Stay if he wants, go if he wants.

The list doesn't need a full rebuild it just needs a bit of a shake-up. Cut away some dead wood (Chaplin, Conca, Vickery, Griffiths, Astbury, Maric, Hampson etc) and bring in some depth/star power (Hurley for example).

Rance will be 27 at season's end. Jack will be 28. Cotchin just turned 26 and Martin is turning 25 soon. So even our bookends have at least 3+ years of footy in them and our two best mids have 5+.

Unless we can do some serious trading/FA hunting at the end of the year it would be in both Lids' AND RFC's best interest for him to be traded to a contending club.

My thoughts exactly.

we need to be bold.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2016, 07:29:30 PM »
I know the club won't as they are spineless but I would definitely consider trading Lids.
It's a tough call as he has been a star for the club but his time is coming to an end, like it or not.

The way it's looking and if we use our brain we could have a top 5 pick for Lids and a top 3 pick for being completely poo at the end of the year.
Trade out BEllis, Conca, Griff and Vickery for second round picks and we would have some decent picks to kickstart our club.

I also do agree with others that FJ needs to be marched out the door ASAP if we plan to go down this track as its pointless with that d/ckhead in charge of recruiting.

It's time for the club to get tough. If players have contracts and we want to trade them, just tell them it's agree to a trade or waste away in the seconds. It's not that hard to push people out even if the don't want to go. 

Gws will win next 5 flags with lids
GWS wouldn't be playing him in a back pocket.

Richmond wouldn't have to either

If not for the plethora of list blocking oxygen stealing hack that line up in the middle and defence. 

In a perfect world he'd play forward. Just a matter of getting the ball there innit
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2016, 07:34:03 PM »
What sort of trade could we put together for Heppell?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2016, 07:52:58 PM »
What sort of trade could we put together for Heppell?

Not sure if serious.

But effectively none. He can walk if he wants to.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2016, 08:00:02 PM »
Rubbish don't agree

Offline Tigershark

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2016, 12:28:29 AM »
We have to be bold.....the club is bigger than the individual.  Trade him and get a top 10 pick,  trade B Ellis and griffiths for an early 2nd rounder.  Suddenly we got picks say 3 or 4, 10 and maybe 20 for next year....snag a free agents like Hurley and Clarke then maybe things can turn around quick.  The team we have will not progress until we make some tough calls

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2016, 06:18:15 AM »
We have to be bold.....the club is bigger than the individual.  Trade him and get a top 10 pick,  trade B Ellis and griffiths for an early 2nd rounder.  Suddenly we got picks say 3 or 4, 10 and maybe 20 for next year....snag a free agents like Hurley and Clarke then maybe things can turn around quick.  The team we have will not progress until we make some tough calls

Or  ,

Do all that

But don't trade lids
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2016, 02:16:23 PM »
Lids is actually the perfect example of when a club should trade a good player.

If we could get a top 5 pick or a proven gun young midfielder then it would be a win for all involved.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2016, 02:46:03 PM »
to me goal kickers are irreplaceable. Considering our forward line is in shambles I could not entertain the idea of trading Lids at all. You look at Carlton who chose not to match Adelaide's offer for Eddie Betts and despite having an engine room of Cripps, Murphy and Gibbs, where are the goals?

I agree you need to trade something of worth to get something of worth and for that B Ellis is someone I'd trade. Trading a proven A grade for picks (in other words potential) makes no sense to me.

1st round picks even today is still no guarantee of quality. Look at the 2012 draft, how many ended up being major success stories?

tony_montana

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2016, 02:50:54 PM »

I am a massive fan of Lids - but would seriously entertain this. Love your work

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2016, 03:09:41 PM »
I love the intent of the post but I'm not sure we'd get what you're asking for 30 yo (next year) who has missed 4 and 5 games in our past 2 seasons and played 1 from 6 so far this year. Not to mention his importance around the club.
We will get unders for Griff, Tyrone & Conca because the best thing on their CV is their draft selection. Having said that, I'd still consider.
We need to be far more aggressive at free agency & trading for talent and our players need to suck it up.
Norf, Hawks, Cats & Pies are pulling our pants down in this area.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2016, 03:45:50 PM »
GGWS will go into this years draft again with 4 first round picks, they'll be also looking for points to pick up a couple of there academy players again.
If we're bold enough we could easily trade into a couple of those picks for a player and a swap of later draft picks. It's just a matter of having what GWS need more so than what we want to give.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2016, 03:53:42 PM »
That's exactly what we should be doing...well one of the things anyway....

Club also needs to come out  publicly and say our player develpment has been poor....con clubs into thinking they can turn some of our duds around... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2016, 05:10:11 PM »
GGWS will go into this years draft again with 4 first round picks, they'll be also looking for points to pick up a couple of there academy players again.
If we're bold enough we could easily trade into a couple of those picks for a player and a swap of later draft picks. It's just a matter of having what GWS need more so than what we want to give.

:facepalm...god, we are so stuffed.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"