Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 171836 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Tigers should trade Deledio: Robbo .... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 01:20:44 PM »
I'm hoping that Rance and Jack might be around in the unlikely event that we do our rebuild right.

Lids is 29 and his body is starting to fail. He is the man.

I would be sad but if we can get a top 10 pick for him then I would take it.

Would you like to see Shane Edwards traded out of interst?

If lids was trade for a 17/18 year old pick 10 - what year do you think we'd be a realistic chance to win the premiership?

I am merely interested to know why you think in this manner, cheers
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 01:33:40 PM »
I'm hoping that Rance and Jack might be around in the unlikely event that we do our rebuild right.

Lids is 29 and his body is starting to fail. He is the man.

I would be sad but if we can get a top 10 pick for him then I would take it.

Our other best players are not that much younger than lids

What about pick 5 and 6 for rance and jack. Then you have 5. 6. 10. Oh boy

I find it hard to believe Richmond are a  (more) realistic chance to win a flag if deledio is traded for a pick 10

And I don't much see the point when gws have 65 first rounders on th list and almost very side is well ahead of us in the process

Is it realistic rance and jack can win a flag here before they retire if lids is traded out? If not why not go whole Hog and offload our best Hal dozen players.  You say yourself the odds are slim. Either way they are slim.

My preference would be getting new staff: coach. Ass-coaches. List mangers etc and building around our better 5/6 players. You might get lucky if you put the other 40 on the table

nailed it.

you have to give to get. Fantastic so give them b ellis, vickery and all the other fgts and let another recruiting department do their work instead of the idiots we have in place now.

Trade Lids and let the same idiots find our next conca at pick 6.

great plan.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 02:31:26 PM »
I am totally againt this. It makes no sense to offload the only silky, fast, goal kicking goal assisting, dynamic, long kickig half forward/mid on our list for a 1st round pick who "might" develop into something good by season 3.

Even at 29 and sore legs he is one of the few players who provides professionalism and a take the game on attitude. But yeah let's trade that for some kid

No point having a player of his ilk if we aren't going to achieve anything in his time and most probably in any relatively short time after he is gone. So why not trade him and try and acquire some good young talent that can hopefully come through with our other 1st rounder/s and contribute together.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 02:39:14 PM »
I am totally againt this. It makes no sense to offload the only silky, fast, goal kicking goal assisting, dynamic, long kickig half forward/mid on our list for a 1st round pick who "might" develop into something good by season 3.

Even at 29 and sore legs he is one of the few players who provides professionalism and a take the game on attitude. But yeah let's trade that for some kid

No point having a player of his ilk if we aren't going to achieve anything in his time and most probably in any relatively short time after he is gone. So why not trade him and try and acquire some good young talent that can hopefully come through with our other 1st rounder/s and contribute together.

Ok

However

trade rance Edwards jack too
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 02:53:28 PM »

Ok

However

trade rance Edwards jack too

Nah, they could be around at the next tilt IF we do it right (and have some luck). Although Edwards I would trade. I don't think you can get rid of all the A grade talent we have. We'd be in shambles without Rance Deledio and Jack. You want to rely on McBean/Griff/Vickery and Astbury/Elton/ we have no one else  :lol

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2016, 02:59:07 PM »
The rebuild talk is hysterical nonsense.....I still believe with clear, rational  thinking and the right people put in place with the right strategies we can bring in high picks & talent without sacrificing our top 5 or any up & comers and move back up quickly....so no to trading Deledio and yes to trading Edwards, B.Ellis, Conca, Griffiths, Grigg, Houli, Lloyd and letting Vickery walk for compo  pick......

Remember, even late picks can be bundled up and traded for higher picks under the academy & father/son points system....

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2016, 03:23:10 PM »
The rebuild talk is hysterical nonsense.....I still believe with clear, rational  thinking and the right people put in place with the right strategies we can bring in high picks & talent without sacrificing our top 5 or any up & comers and move back up quickly....so no to trading Deledio and yes to trading Edwards, B.Ellis, Conca, Griffiths, Grigg, Houli, Lloyd and letting Vickery walk for compo  pick......

Remember, even late picks can be bundled up and traded for higher picks under the academy & father/son points system....

I really agree, this talk about a total rebuild off the back of some sub par performances strung together is absolutely hysterical. Realistically, I think we've been in a semi-rebuild after we lost last years final, shouldn't the club get some credit for that. While we all sat around licking our wounds, I think internally we DID look at guys like Chaplin and Grigg and say "they're not going to take us forward" and thats why we have guys like C Ellis and Menadue getting more game time in positions they're not ready for.

I wouldn't trade any of our players with genuine currency unless we get overs. If we finish bottom 4 this year, we get a top 4 pick. With development into our younger guys, we'll start to see results next year. I think C Ellis gets better every week, for example.

The only player I'd consider getting rid of is B Ellis, but I think he's also been given more responsibility than he can handle.

Keep Lids unless we get offered Macrae and a first rounder. My two cents

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2016, 03:27:50 PM »
At least this way, Lids could possibly win a final
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2016, 03:29:20 PM »

Imagine how good he'd be at Geelong

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2016, 03:32:58 PM »

I really agree, this talk about a total rebuild off the back of some sub par performances strung together is absolutely hysterical. Realistically, I think we've been in a semi-rebuild after we lost last years final, shouldn't the club get some credit for that. While we all sat around licking our wounds, I think internally we DID look at guys like Chaplin and Grigg and say "they're not going to take us forward" and thats why we have guys like C Ellis and Menadue getting more game time in positions they're not ready for.

I wouldn't trade any of our players with genuine currency unless we get overs. If we finish bottom 4 this year, we get a top 4 pick. With development into our younger guys, we'll start to see results next year. I think C Ellis gets better every week, for example.

The only player I'd consider getting rid of is B Ellis, but I think he's also been given more responsibility than he can handle.

Keep Lids unless we get offered Macrae and a first rounder. My two cents

Finishing 8th and getting smashed in finals deserves no credit

It's football one flag per year. Not this air fairy everyone is a winner rubbish

We made the finals largely by carrying list blockers not rebuilding correctly

Now and in te future we are rooted. No credit stuff em all

It's deadset unaustralian going into a season with Hampson and Chaplin as key pillars of the best 22

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2016, 03:39:44 PM »

Imagine how good he'd be at Geelong

That's the thing.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 06:48:01 PM »
I know the club won't as they are spineless but I would definitely consider trading Lids.
It's a tough call as he has been a star for the club but his time is coming to an end, like it or not.
But you wouldn't take less than a top 5 pick for him. Even a top 3 pick.
GWS would jump at it and I think you would have to consider it.
As they always say, the club is bigger than an individual.

The way it's looking and if we use our brain we could have a top 5 pick for Lids and a top 3 pick for being completely poo at the end of the year.
Trade out BEllis, Conca, Griff and Vickery for second round picks and we would have some decent picks to kickstart our club.

I also do agree with others that FJ needs to be marched out the door ASAP if we plan to go down this track as its pointless with that d/ckhead in charge of recruiting.

Pick up Clarke and Hurley for free and we are back in the game again..

It's time for the club to get tough. If players have contracts and we want to trade them, just tell them it's agree to a trade or waste away in the seconds. It's not that hard to push people out even if the don't want to go. 

Anyway all wishful thinking as the club still thinks we can make finals.  :lol

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 06:59:13 PM »
Deledio. Rance. Martin.
Vlastuin. Hurley. Grimes.
Lambert. Cotchin. Menadue.
Lloyd. McBean. Lennon.
Rioli. Jack. Yarren.
Zac Clark. Edwards. Miles.

C Ellis
Chol. / Maric
Short / cantstandya
Mcintosh

Conversely if you keep lids and bring in Hurley and z Clarke - both free.  You could play something like the following. Far from perfect but with a few more additions (not a moron list manager) and a new coach might be ok

I am not sold on the  rebuilding plans for 2024

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2016, 07:00:45 PM »
I know the club won't as they are spineless but I would definitely consider trading Lids.
It's a tough call as he has been a star for the club but his time is coming to an end, like it or not.
But you wouldn't take less than a top 5 pick for him. Even a top 3 pick.
GWS would jump at it and I think you would have to consider it.
As they always say, the club is bigger than an individual.

The way it's looking and if we use our brain we could have a top 5 pick for Lids and a top 3 pick for being completely poo at the end of the year.
Trade out BEllis, Conca, Griff and Vickery for second round picks and we would have some decent picks to kickstart our club.

I also do agree with others that FJ needs to be marched out the door ASAP if we plan to go down this track as its pointless with that d/ckhead in charge of recruiting.

Pick up Clarke and Hurley for free and we are back in the game again..

It's time for the club to get tough. If players have contracts and we want to trade them, just tell them it's agree to a trade or waste away in the seconds. It's not that hard to push people out even if the don't want to go. 

Anyway all wishful thinking as the club still thinks we can make finals.  :lol

Gws will win next 5 flags with lids

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2016, 07:17:15 PM »
Been saying this for weeks.

Needs to be tabled to Lids to see how he feels about it. Stay if he wants, go if he wants.

The list doesn't need a full rebuild it just needs a bit of a shake-up. Cut away some dead wood (Chaplin, Conca, Vickery, Griffiths, Astbury, Maric, Hampson etc) and bring in some depth/star power (Hurley for example).

Rance will be 27 at season's end. Jack will be 28. Cotchin just turned 26 and Martin is turning 25 soon. So even our bookends have at least 3+ years of footy in them and our two best mids have 5+.

Unless we can do some serious trading/FA hunting at the end of the year it would be in both Lids' AND RFC's best interest for him to be traded to a contending club.