Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 175312 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers should trade Deledio: Robbo .... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2016, 05:23:42 PM »
GGWS will go into this years draft again with 4 first round picks, they'll be also looking for points to pick up a couple of there academy players again.
If we're bold enough we could easily trade into a couple of those picks for a player and a swap of later draft picks. It's just a matter of having what GWS need more so than what we want to give.

Like that thinking  :thumbsup
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2016, 07:27:27 PM »
I love the intent of the post but I'm not sure we'd get what you're asking for 30 yo (next year) who has missed 4 and 5 games in our past 2 seasons and played 1 from 6 so far this year. Not to mention his importance around the club.

Yep, we arn't going to get a top 10 pick for Lids IMO unless GWS (or the Dogs) are very VERY interested. GWS present as a good target if they want some top-up talent and they have an over-supply of early draft picks.

GGWS will go into this years draft again with 4 first round picks, they'll be also looking for points to pick up a couple of there academy players again.
If we're bold enough we could easily trade into a couple of those picks for a player and a swap of later draft picks. It's just a matter of having what GWS need more so than what we want to give.
Is that hyperbole or do they actually have 4 first rounders? I can only account for two of them (their own and Collingwoods potential top 4 pick).

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2016, 07:29:50 PM »
yes a top 10 pick, maybe 17 year old ... in another gws shate upon draft doesnt sound that good. More so with the clubs track record of taking Concas, JONS, BEllis types

"his body letting him down" is maybe true maybe not. Almost broke the most played games record. How do people know at what age he will retire? Hes better than Waite, Boomer, Burgoyne  etc. and other old people that are still playing well

I love the intent of the post but I'm not sure we'd get what you're asking for 30 yo (next year) who has missed 4 and 5 games in our past 2 seasons and played 1 from 6 so far this year. Not to mention his importance around the club.

Yep, we arn't going to get a top 10 pick for Lids IMO unless GWS (or the Dogs) are very VERY interested. GWS present as a good target if they want some top-up talent and they have an over-supply of early draft picks.

Is that hyperbole or do they actually have 4 first rounders? I can only account for two of them (their own and Collingwoods potential top 4 pick).

in reality; with the players the expansion clubs get via the academy it is equivalent to first rounders

sort of like - them taking the best 17 year olds in australia, 'for free'.  For not apparent reason bar the AFL are a pack of bastards
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 07:49:03 PM by Stalin »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2016, 07:46:47 PM »
the best two players in the draft

are going to gws / gc

Keep Lids unless we get offered Macrae and a first rounder. My two cents

while i am obviously in the 'keep lids' camp that does sound pretty tasty

if the doggies were smart they would do it - he would kick 100 goals a season for them if playd forward
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2016, 07:46:58 PM »
I just had dinner, it was nice.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2016, 08:03:26 PM »

in reality; with the players the expansion clubs get via the academy it is equivalent to first rounders

sort of like - them taking the best 17 year olds in australia, 'for free'.  For not apparent reason bar the AFL are a pack of bastards
Not questioning your argument, I just can't think of many examples outside of Heeney and Callum Mills (who are of any note) who have been plucked from the academies.

I do question how big advantage is, or if its significant as the Melbourne clubs/media make it out to be, especially considering they don't have father-son picks. If there is a jet in one of the academies, can't one of the melbourne teams force them to take it with their first picks, a la the father-son rule?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2016, 08:07:50 PM »

Not questioning your argument, I just can't think of many examples outside of Heeney and Callum Mills (who are of any note) who have been plucked from the academies.

they have not been around that long, have they ?

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2016, 08:14:51 PM »

I think the first draft any of Syd, Bris and GWS were able to draw from was '14 draft but I know they've all had academies/development squads for young players for quite a few years now.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2016, 08:19:59 PM »

I think the first draft any of Syd, Bris and GWS were able to draw from was '14 draft but I know they've all had academies/development squads for young players for quite a few years now.

i am no expert, cause i have not been following it, cause i think the afl are a pack of bastards

but from what i hear - the GWS and GC have been given very large chunks of Australia for its academy bollocks, somewhat of these chunks traditional afl good player hotbeds (carey / hird regions)

- Heeney and Callum Mills look very good.
 - they apparently get the best the best 1 and 2 players (again) this year
 - i dont know but i was expecting them to continue producing kids of high talent

i am unsure if pick 10 is really pick 10 like it was 15 years ago. Lids is more a proven commodity

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2016, 08:23:46 PM »
yes a top 10 pick, maybe 17 year old ... in another gws shate upon draft doesnt sound that good. More so with the clubs track record of taking Concas, JONS, BEllis types

"his body letting him down" is maybe true maybe not. Almost broke the most played games record. How do people know at what age he will retire? Hes better than Waite, Boomer, Burgoyne  etc. and other old people that are still playing well

Geez. He's massive.

So much so, his head looks to small
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2016, 10:18:30 PM »
Wouldn't  even consider trading him,if anyone down there deserves to be a one club player then its lids by the Flemington straight.
Theres only a few untouchables at the club but after that every ones tradable.
The players want to back the coach in and say its their fault well all good fellas you shouldn't mind us putting you up for trade if your letting us down , right?
Put on the table the likes you can afford to trade that have value and I'm all for it.
The likes of Edwards, B.Ellis, Griffiths,Conca and Vickery should all be on the table.

But gaining picks means nothing if they get you more youth in our current set up, they'll end up on the scrap heap with all the other not worthy's.
These stuffing clowns that the club pay to manage the list need to earn their coin and gets some ready to go talent in FFS.
Free some cap space,unclog the list and add some stuffing value to the team by trading the picks you get from our cloggers.

:banghead

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2016, 02:58:44 PM »
Wouldn't  even consider trading him,if anyone down there deserves to be a one club player then its lids by the Flemington straight.

What has he done to deserve to go through his career without ever winning a final, let alone a premiership?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2016, 03:01:56 PM »

What has he done to deserve to go through his career without ever winning a final, let alone a premiership?

Shut up penny

You support Richmond not deledio

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2016, 03:03:55 PM »
says who?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI