Author Topic: Richmond Team vs Bumbers  (Read 6819 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Richmond Team vs Bumbers
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2008, 09:08:55 PM »
Considering how important the win was to both teams I thought it was a great win!!! And I'm not going to let any of the wallowers take the shine off it. We won 3 quarters, the bombers beat the Lions last week and they have improved. It took some excellent positional changes and coaching by Matty Knights for them to win the 3rd.  :clapping
When lloyd kicked that goal in the final quarter, we could have crumbled like we did against Carlton BUT we didn't!! This to me showed that the young guys are learning and finally we won a close one which could have been another "admirable loss" which we already have a kit bag full of. I think a few of the Wallace haters here are quaking in their boots thinking that we may have a realisitc chance of playing finals. :shh

Was it just me or did anyone notice Cotch got his first full-time tag. I'm pretty sure it was Mcphee on rotation with someone else. This was a big factor in how he was contained. He'll learn from it. Unless he is suffering from fatigue or a risk of injury, I'd play him as long as he feels up to it.  :thumbsup

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2008, 10:37:15 PM »
Considering how important the win was to both teams I thought it was a great win!!! And I'm not going to let any of the wallowers take the shine off it. We won 3 quarters, the bombers beat the Lions last week and they have improved. It took some excellent positional changes and coaching by Matty Knights for them to win the 3rd.  :clapping
When lloyd kicked that goal in the final quarter, we could have crumbled like we did against Carlton BUT we didn't!! This to me showed that the young guys are learning and finally we won a close one which could have been another "admirable loss" which we already have a kit bag full of. I think a few of the Wallace haters here are quaking in their boots thinking that we may have a realisitc chance of playing finals. :shh

Was it just me or did anyone notice Cotch got his first full-time tag. I'm pretty sure it was Mcphee on rotation with someone else. This was a big factor in how he was contained. He'll learn from it. Unless he is suffering from fatigue or a risk of injury, I'd play him as long as he feels up to it.  :thumbsup

Totally agree Tiga it was a great win! If both teams were a rabble then we were the more skilled at being a rabble....we won! We made mistakes, so did they, i dont care if it wasnt pretty or classy. If we have to claw our way up the ladder, so be it....they have a wanker for a captain, we have a ......well hes not a wanker! lol  And I'm wondering what the F sort of win will it take for some of our "supporters" to be happy? Nothing is pristine these days, we dont have a team of robots, mistakes will be made but geez we are improving so enjoy every win or just take up another sport/team :gotigers

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 09:22:08 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2008, 12:21:55 AM »

Good to see Browny, Simmo and Foley step it up when it looked like we were going down.

Disappointed Bowden took the ball behind only twice. Irresponsible play

Great to have KJ kick a couple of points in the 4th. Always leading by example

I dont care what anyone says about White's kicking, I think he is fantastic for the Richmond footy club.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2008, 04:42:40 AM »
We got the job done despite not playing well so that's all that matters. They still give us 4 points for the win.  I can't understand why anyone would knock back the chance to play finals because they're frightened we might get thrashed. In the unlikely event we were to make the finals it would give the cubs invaluable experience.

I thought the crowd was the only disappointing thing about yesterday. Not sure if the wrong forcecast of rain that turned people off from going or the fact the Geelong v Doggies game was live on tv but 56k is an ordinary crowd for two well supported clubs like Richmond and Essendon in a game that still had something to play for. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2008, 07:53:47 AM »

Lets talk about our very own captain shall we. Yes we won and i am very happy today beating those scumbags but Sugar what was he thinking??

still some of you claim he is good for our football club, how??

Please tell me how that is leading by example..hahaha he is a joke goodbye go back to adelaide when u can pee all u like on anything
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tiogar

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2008, 07:59:39 AM »
We got the job done despite not playing well so that's all that matters. They still give us 4 points for the win.  I can't understand why anyone would knock back the chance to play finals because they're frightened we might get thrashed. In the unlikely event we were to make the finals it would give the cubs invaluable experience.

I thought the crowd was the only disappointing thing about yesterday. Not sure if the wrong forcecast of rain that turned people off from going or the fact the Geelong v Doggies game was live on tv but 56k is an ordinary crowd for two well supported clubs like Richmond and Essendon in a game that still had something to play for. 

A lot of Essendon's Sheedy era fans have dropped off. Still well supported but in their games V ourselves and Carlton this year they have never really turned up in great numbers with only the set piece ANZAC really getting them out. 2001 a fading memory.

How would you separate today? A couple of thousand neutrals. 30,000 Tigers. 24,000 of them. That fair?

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2008, 08:50:22 AM »
I don't know how many of us hope we don't make the finals, I'd say its very few.
I certainly think that we're dreaming of making the finals if we keep playing that way though.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2008, 11:19:53 AM »

What could be a better motivation than playing finals?

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2008, 11:22:51 AM »

Lets talk about our very own captain shall we. Yes we won and i am very happy today beating those scumbags but Sugar what was he thinking??

still some of you claim he is good for our football club, how??

Please tell me how that is leading by example..hahaha he is a joke goodbye go back to adelaide when u can pee all u like on anything

Lucky for us the ball was in Bowden's hands in the last minute and not Johnson who would have handballed it to a contest

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2008, 11:30:48 AM »

What could be a better motivation than playing finals?

Or a better learning curve.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2008, 03:40:59 AM »
I don't know how many of us hope we don't make the finals, I'd say its very few.
I certainly think that we're dreaming of making the finals if we keep playing that way though.
Sorry infamy, I was responding to the comment of Jack's of why make the finals when we'd only embarrass ourselves.

Sure we played crap especially after half-time but you take any win on the back of 6 day break coming back from Perth. Who was the idiot at the AFL that put that situation in the draw  ::). The Swannies just fell over the line against Carlton and they're talking top 4. We've won 4 of our last 5 so we're generating some winning momentum no matter how convincing or unconvincing.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2008, 06:42:19 AM »
your 100% correct MT. 4 out 5  :thumbsup
Fantastic wins against quality sides. :banghead
Melbourne, PORT, West Coast and the Bombers. ::)  ( all teams which are finals bound : :chuck :thatsgold
Mate, if and when we  happen to beat someone above us and a team that is a genuine top 4, then start thinking finals.
Struggled to beat Melb, Nearly through the game against Port, thrashed West Coast when they forgot to turn up in 2nd quarter :lol and struggled again against the Bombers.
I would love to know what some of you smoke around here, it must be good

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2008, 07:30:50 AM »
yeah but we drew to the dogs and should have won

won 3 out of 4 quarters v the cats and lost

took it right up to an in form hawks , hit the lead late and should have won

and should have beaten the saints at the dome where they never lose

our season has been far beyond expectations this yr and has been a success for us thus far.  we could easily win 4 more games this year, and with a bit of luck maybe 5 and make finals. and this has been done without a favourable draw

:gotigers
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2008, 08:53:14 AM »
A win is a win but i think i might only live for another 12 months after that game. How difficult can it be to milk the clock for 2 minutes!!! I think we managed four turnovers resulting in at least two standing shots for goal and another snap. I just dont think we are good enough skill wise to be doing it and it nearly cost us another game. Also not sure if anyone has noticed but at critical points in games Kelvin Moore seems to be going for big screamers and spilling the ball only for a turnover to result in a goal to the opposition. According to my count his butter fingers have cost us at least 5 goals at vital stages of games, otherwise he has i must admit been one of our better defenders.

That big mark WAS a mark.  :banghead
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2008, 08:58:06 AM »
your 100% correct MT. 4 out 5  :thumbsup
Fantastic wins against quality sides. :banghead
Melbourne, PORT, West Coast and the Bombers. ::)  ( all teams which are finals bound : :chuck :thatsgold
Mate, if and when we  happen to beat someone above us and a team that is a genuine top 4, then start thinking finals.
Struggled to beat Melb, Nearly through the game against Port, thrashed West Coast when they forgot to turn up in 2nd quarter :lol and struggled again against the Bombers.
I would love to know what some of you smoke around here, it must be good

But we have to start from the bottom and thats what we're doing.  We couldnt even beat bottom 8 teams last year.  Now we have accounted for them EVERY time.

That's very encouraging to continue the rise.  If anyone is going to be disappointed by this season after 16th last year that's pretty stupid.  It's a rarity a team goes from 16th to top 8.

A 9-11th finish would still show good improvement.  Sneaking into the top 8 would be against history.
EAT EM ALIVE!