Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 466678 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3345 on: April 03, 2019, 03:01:41 PM »
Richmond star Jack Riewoldt says he thought he tore his ACL in the same spot that injured Alex Rance

April 3, 2019
Josh Gabelich
FOX SPORTS

Richmond star Jack Riewoldt has revealed he feared the worst when he hurt his knee during last Thursday night’s big loss to Collingwood at the MCG.

On almost the exact same patch of grass that ended the season of five-time All-Australian Alex Rance the previous Thursday night, Riewoldt was collected by teammate Oleg Markov in a marking contest in the dying minutes, straining the medial ligament in his left knee in the process.

Riewoldt had already fractured his wrist by that stage of the game and is expected to be sideline for the next month, compounding a night to forget for the Tigers, who will also be without Dylan Grimes for this weekend’s trip to western Sydney due to suspension.

“I was standing in exactly the same spot as last week when Rancey did his knee. So all that was running through my head was, ‘you’ve got a knee injury, holy crap’,” Riewoldt told AFL 360 on Tuesday night.

“I went down to the rooms and the first thing you ask is, ‘Doc, is it the ACL?’ and he was like, ‘Nah it’s all good’. So that was a bit of a relief.

“I actually hurt my other medial at the end of last year start of the year in a similar incident. So I have had a bit of a shocker the last three or four months.

“I had a shocker the other night. We got thumped, I hurt myself a couple of times, so it was a bit disappointing.”

While four weeks on the sidelines is hardly ideal on paper, Riewoldt initially expected his wrist injury to cost him much more of the season.

“To be honest, it is the best of a crappy situation,” Riewoldt said.

“I thought I was going to be in for a long time on the sidelines with a possible fractured scaphoid and the ligaments there, but I dodged a little bit of a bullet.

“I fractured the radius. I’ve done a few ligaments on the other side of my wrist as well.”

Collingwood midfielder Adam Treloar admitted he contemplated consoling Riewoldt in the moment after the three-time Coleman medallist hurt his wrist, before thinking better of it.

“I was about ten metres away and obviously being in the family here I wanted to run over there and give him a hug,” Treloar said on AFL 360.

Managed to do a little bit of a medial strain right at the end. I just wanted to really cap off a great night to be honest.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/richmond-star-jack-riewoldt-says-he-thought-he-tore-his-acl-in-the-same-spot-that-injured-alex-rance/news-story/14c174705ae0111e20a7708f5d82e615

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3346 on: April 24, 2019, 10:42:58 PM »
Dimma just said Jack has done a PCL on his good knee and will miss some footy  :(.

It was odd because Ch 7 had just interviewed Jack and all Jack said was he knocked his good knee into Gawn's hip and he only was rested for the rest of the game. He gave nothing away that he would be out.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3347 on: April 24, 2019, 10:48:26 PM »
That's just great

How many weeks Is a PCL doc?
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #3348 on: April 24, 2019, 11:02:39 PM »
Depends what Grade the tear is.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3349 on: April 25, 2019, 01:34:35 AM »
Jack Riewoldt could be sidelined again with fresh knee injury

Jay Clark,
Herald Sun
April 24, 2019 11:28pm

Richmond spearhead Jack Riewoldt is set for another stint on the sidelines to recover from a fresh knee injury.

Tigers coach Damien Hardwick confirmed the gun forward had suffered a posterior cruciate ligament injury in his right knee and would likely miss some more games.

Riewoldt missed three games with a left knee injury but hurt his other knee in his comeback match in Richmond’s 43-point win over Melbourne.

“It is his right leg, his good leg, and it’s a PCL-type injury so we are not exactly sure of the extent of the injury,” Hardwick said.

“But he will miss some time, unfortunately, but how long for we are not quite sure.

“It’s disappointing, he has worked incredibly hard to get back and then to hurt his other knee to this such injury is disappointing.

“He will obviously miss some footy.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/jack-riewoldt-could-be-sidelined-again-with-fresh-knee-injury/news-story/737f0d808fdd3bf16b7c2a97e502306f

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3350 on: April 25, 2019, 06:21:13 AM »
Usually 8 to 10 weeks

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3351 on: April 25, 2019, 07:00:31 PM »
Tom Browne on Ch 7 news tonight saying 6-8 weeks.

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #3352 on: April 25, 2019, 07:02:19 PM »

he'd know

LOL

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3353 on: April 25, 2019, 07:11:58 PM »
I thought he is having scans tomorrow so we won't know what the damage is, let alone the time frame for recuperation until after they are done...... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3354 on: April 25, 2019, 07:13:54 PM »
I thought he is having scans tomorrow so we won't know what the damage is, let alone the time frame for recuperation until after they are done...... :shh

Yep. Tom Browne is a flog
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3355 on: April 26, 2019, 03:07:20 AM »
Jack Riewoldt could need surgery on PCL

Jon Ralph, Jay Clark,
Herald Sun
April 26, 2019

Richmond star Jack Riewoldt could need surgery on his posterior cruciate ligament that would put him out for as many as eight weeks.

The spearhead has injured the posterior cruciate in his right knee and is likely facing a minimum of 3-4 weeks for his posterior cruciate to settle.

He will have scans on Friday on the injured knee, with the hope that he can manage the injury with some rest.

But more serious damage to the knee would require him to have surgery with a recovery time of between 8-10 weeks.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-injury-list-all-the-latest-injury-news-at-your-club-after-round-5/news-story/9d32d13e9e3ab971cdf31ae7c4866bd8

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3356 on: April 26, 2019, 06:12:36 PM »
Meanwhile Richmond were weighing up which direction to take with Richmond forward Jack Riewoldt after he suffered another PCL injury on Anzac Day eve against Melbourne.

Riewoldt was playing his first game for a month after suffering knee and wrist injuries against Collingwood in round two but the Tigers were hoping he would also not require an operation.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/injury-update-scans-clear-bomber-smith-but-brown-to-miss-20190426-p51ho0.html

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3357 on: April 26, 2019, 06:41:01 PM »
High grade PCL injury. No surgery required, out for 6-8.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #3358 on: April 26, 2019, 06:44:15 PM »
Thank Geez we got Lynch, is all I can say.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3359 on: April 26, 2019, 06:51:19 PM »
High grade PCL injury. No surgery required, out for 6-8.
So not back until round 14  :-\. That means we'll go back to one tall surrounded by smalls. We're familiar with that set-up so that shouldn't be an issue but having to wait until the second half of the season for Jack to return makes it harder for us to tune and perfect a two tall forward set-up in time for the finals (if we make them).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd