Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 461263 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3315 on: March 11, 2019, 08:33:34 PM »
Remember when Big Tone used to bag him :lol
Big Tone had every right to point out Jacks shortcomings but hey lets rewrite history and pretend JR has always been a champ right from game one.

Gotta laugh at the flower sniffing brigade.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #3316 on: March 11, 2019, 09:09:14 PM »
Quoting a post from September makes your post even dumber than it already is.

Yeah yeah, Jack was a spud until you 2 gurus put the hard word on him, then he came good. We know the story
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3317 on: March 11, 2019, 10:10:15 PM »
Jack outsmarted the rules committee as well as Frawley.

THE ‘DOUBLE 50’ REARS ITS (UGLY) HEAD — AGAIN

Footy fans, get ready to be outraged.

We’d already seen it during the pre-season but fans saw another 100m penalty (two 50s) when Jack Riewoldt received a 50 on the wing in the third term - courtesy of Liam Shiels’ tummy tap on Jack Graham.

With James Frawley intent on getting ahead of the Tiger to man the mark, Jack was on to it, alert to the rule and hit the brakes to allow Frawley to catch him — and get inside the allowed, protected area.

The umpire seized on the Hawk’s indiscretion and marched him another 50m to the goal line. Jack said thanks by booting one of his three third-term goals.

Source: Herald-Sun

This new rule is absolutely ridiculous and does not benefit the game 1 bit

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3318 on: March 13, 2019, 01:37:36 AM »
‘How quick did I run?’: Cheeky Tiger explains how to ‘milk’ 50 metre penalty

March 12, 2019 8:58pm
Matt Balmer
FOX SPORTS

Richmond premiership star Jack Riewoldt has explained how he managed to score an extended 50 metre penalty in the Tigers’ JLT Series clash with Hawthorn.

Riewoldt was given a 50 metre penalty, which turned in to 100 metres, after Hawthorn defender James Frawley ignored a new rule, which has only been implemented during the off-season.

Under the AFL’s new rules, umpires have been told to be stricter on players delaying the enforcement of the 50 metre penalty, with a new rule also allowing players to play on during the advancement of the penalty.

“How quick did I run?” Riewoldt joked on AFL 360.

“Didn’t I know how to milk it … We’d sort of been forewarned with this. We’d seen a couple of the games during the day and they were giving them, and at this point here I thought ‘I might try something here’.

“Poor old chip [James] Frawley. We’ve been battling for 13 years and I thought ‘we’ve got him here’.

James Frawley looks on as Jack Riewoldt scores an extra 50 metre penalty.Source: FOX SPORTS

“I gave him a little and he goes ‘oh I forgot about that rule’. This is what the preseason is about.

“Then I gave away one … I just absolutely hotfooted and tried to get two metres in front. I suppose it’s just about getting use to it. I reckon you’ll just see players roll out of these, instead of trying to do this here and getting the GPS numbers up.

“I went completely against what the coaches order was, he goes ‘just roll out’ and I thought ‘nup’.”

Jack Riewoldt sprints to avoid giving away an extra 50 metre penalty.Source: FOX SPORTS

Jack Riewoldt avoids giving away an extra 50 metre penalty.Source: FOX SPORTS

The specifics of the rule change state umpires will be:

— Stricter on the infringing player, allowing the Player with the ball to advance The Mark by 50 metres without the infringing player delaying the game.

— In addition, the Player with the Football will be able to play on during the advancement of the 50-Metre Penalty.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-360-richmond-star-jack-riewoldt-explains-his-50-metre-penalty-against-hawthorn/news-story/77b3923cfd6a5231511117d4d0775ae0

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3319 on: March 21, 2019, 05:35:17 AM »

Source: RFC twitter.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3320 on: March 21, 2019, 06:54:43 AM »
Has become one of the all time greats.

Congratulations Jack!   :bow :bow :bow :clapping :clapping :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3321 on: March 21, 2019, 12:41:55 PM »
Agree with Doc. Riewoldt Rance Cotchin and Martin will be considered greats of our club and all are future immortals.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3322 on: March 22, 2019, 03:03:55 AM »
Jack jolted by Jones

It was a mixed night for Riewoldt in his 250th game. He looked to be in a world of pain during the second quarter after being bumped off-the-ball in the middle of the ground by Blues defender Liam Jones. The contact wasn’t high, and Riewoldt wasn’t concussed, but the incident is still expected to draw attention from match review officer Michael Christian. Jack’s cousin Nick wasn’t impressed while commentating on SEN. “When you're 30 metres off the ball, you can't have somebody bumping you like that, even if it's not head high,” said the St Kilda great. Jack made his own presence felt during the third term though, rising over Jones to take a speccy, from which the reigning Coleman Medallist kicked his first goal of 2019.

Source: The Age

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3323 on: March 28, 2019, 10:31:52 PM »
Any further news on Jack's wrist?

Hopefully it's just sprained and there's not a crack  :pray. Jack was continually grabbing it even after he had it strapped up. If he misses a large chunk of the year then 2019 will pretty much be a write-off already  :P.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 10:56:21 PM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3324 on: March 28, 2019, 10:58:26 PM »
Tom Browne just said Jack will have scans in the morning. The worst fears is obviously a break. There will be questions on Dimma as a result for using Jack in the ruck. You don't use a ferrari to plough a field.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3325 on: March 28, 2019, 11:05:22 PM »
Tom Browne just said Jack will have scans in the morning. The worst fears is obviously a break. There will be questions on Dimma as a result for using Jack in the ruck. You don't use a ferrari to plough a field.

Except he injured his wrist flying for a mark in the forward pocket.....

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #3326 on: March 28, 2019, 11:18:37 PM »
Scaphoid, 8-10 weeks :'(

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3327 on: March 28, 2019, 11:25:36 PM »

Lol exactly. If he blew his knee out in a centre bounce then we could probably get stuck into Dimma
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3328 on: March 28, 2019, 11:39:15 PM »

Correct

But..... why then send him intp the ruck When you know he's copped a knock, they've taped it and he's favouring it?

:-\
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3329 on: March 28, 2019, 11:42:31 PM »
Because if you're fit enough to be on the field with a bad wrist flying for marks, you are fit enough to play in the ruck and try to get your hand on the onion.

Weird comments