Author Topic: Tigers vs Demons game thread  (Read 14094 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Tigers vs Demons game thread
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2011, 07:54:34 PM »
We still have duds, yes, but we need games under belts.

Once the midfield plays together for another 40-50 games, they'll block for each other, protect each other and understand how each other plays better.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2011, 08:07:13 PM »
Very disappointed in the result, I have a nagging doubt at the back of my mind that we have got into a situation where it has become so ingrained to fail when expectations rise that we may struggle to turn it around. A bit like the way St Kilda will never win a grand final no matter how well they are going.

Riewoldt got a bath, Cotchin and Martin both struggled to have influence which is always gonna hurt.

Our defence with Rance aside, is just ripped to shreds at the minute and looks incapable of holding any forward.

Once again I thought we were smashed in the coaches box, our kick out strategy was appalling - why when we don't have an option and have to go long do we so often go straight down the ground into a vunerable area, instead of the flank where we can reset at the boundary line?

Miller in the ruck was diabolical and I thought Martin and Cotchin should have spent time deep forward to break a tag. We lacked a ground presence up forward.

Wouldn't want to drive with Nahas, he takes 6 u-turns to travel 10 metres, Houli made plenty of poor decisions and I refuse to even acknowledge Hislop as an RFC player.

On the plus side Deledio took another step to being a week in week out gun, Vickery is probably a better forward than Jack right now and Foley continues to regain ground I thought he never would.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

tony_montana

« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2011, 10:02:56 PM »
Very disappointed in the result, I have a nagging doubt at the back of my mind that we have got into a situation where it has become so ingrained to fail when expectations rise that we may struggle to turn it around. A bit like the way St Kilda will never win a grand final no matter how well they are going.

Riewoldt got a bath, Cotchin and Martin both struggled to have influence which is always gonna hurt.

Our defence with Rance aside, is just ripped to shreds at the minute and looks incapable of holding any forward.

Once again I thought we were smashed in the coaches box, our kick out strategy was appalling - why when we don't have an option and have to go long do we so often go straight down the ground into a vunerable area, instead of the flank where we can reset at the boundary line?

Miller in the ruck was diabolical and I thought Martin and Cotchin should have spent time deep forward to break a tag. We lacked a ground presence up forward.

Wouldn't want to drive with Nahas, he takes 6 u-turns to travel 10 metres, Houli made plenty of poor decisions and I refuse to even acknowledge Hislop as an RFC player.

On the plus side Deledio took another step to being a week in week out gun, Vickery is probably a better forward than Jack right now and Foley continues to regain ground I thought he never would.

I hear ya big richo - I was 100% sure we would lose today bc it was a big game and invariably we fail every time we are in this position. Unfortunately I have one word to say

CULTURE

as well as Dimma is going we have an ingrained loser culture that is going to be monumentally hard to change

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2011, 10:28:17 PM »

I hear ya big richo - I was 100% sure we would lose today bc it was a big game and invariably we fail every time we are in this position. Unfortunately I have one word to say

CULTURE

as well as Dimma is going we have an ingrained loser culture that is going to be monumentally hard to change

TM our list is simply not good enough. Honestly have a look at it mate. We lack serious depth.

We drew with a pathetic stkilda and beat a very undermanned Fremantle and Bummers. Our other wins were Lions x 2 and North.

Our list is not good enough to take us where we want to go. Our defence and ruck are a major concern. No depth in the midfield if you ask me

Dont let the ladder position fool you we still dont have enough talent. Culture is getting better and i dont think its a major problem anymore or we would've lost by 60 plus.

We never gave up today. The dees simply have more class
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2011, 12:31:54 AM »
No time to read the whole thread.

Simple facts of today:
- Didn't put scoreboard pressure from our opening 15 minute dominace. 12 inside 60 vs 1 and we were 8 points up. Not good enough.
- First half blunders resulted in turn over goals which stretched the margin to 5 goals, which we never got back
- Cotchin, Martin and Riewoldt were severly beaten.
- AFL stuff up with 3 inexperienced rookie umpires that were at sea in from of 60k in a big game. They were terrible, circus holding the ball rule is a joke. No-one likes it, get rid of it. The 3 umpires on the ground can't be consistant how can it be consistant over a round, over a season. Pathetic.
- Dees just wanted it more, worked harder and worked to space a lot better.
- Exposed in ruck again
- Exposed down back with lack of KP defender

In a nut shell really, not far off Melbourne, I think we'll be better long term, they relied heavily on Green to get them into the game in the first qtr. Green wont be in their next premiership.
Go Tigers!

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2011, 12:44:45 AM »

lol.....You have honestly lost the plot if you believe this ??? ??? We have had a looser culture for the last 20 year's Hardwick has been there for 18 month's of that time  and the Cancer had been running wild long before he came along!
You can't 100% blame Hardwick for our culture, we have taken giant steps since he has been at the helm but there is still plenty of cancer that needs to be cut out and I think today it was really exposed so lets see at seasons end if it is finally dealt with or not.....

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2011, 03:58:51 AM »
The most annoying thing about yesterday's loss was we were made to look soft against one of the softest sides in the AFL. The number of tackles that Melbourne players were so easily able to avoid or breakout of was ridiculous. They wanted it more and we had just too many passengers to resist.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2011, 07:23:23 AM »

lol.....You have honestly lost the plot if you believe this ??? ??? We have had a looser culture for the last 20 year's Hardwick has been there for 18 month's of that time  and the Cancer had been running wild long before he came along!
You can't 100% blame Hardwick for our culture, we have taken giant steps since he has been at the helm but there is still plenty of cancer that needs to be cut out and I think today it was really exposed so lets see at seasons end if it is finally dealt with or not.....

I don't think TM is blaming Dimma moreso commenting on the culture of choking in big games has been at the club since the 80s and it is something that is still in the clubs pyshe today - for whatever reason. I knew we would lose too - in fact my multi of the round was hawks into dees paying 4:50. Easy money but can't bet against the tigers.

I can handle a loss but expect our big 4 or 5 to play well in these games - as Daniel said the list is still a problem and we need another 5 or 6 good players to get the depth necessary to provide the support cast to compete hard in big games
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2011, 09:18:19 AM »
The most annoying thing about yesterday's loss was we were made to look soft against one of the softest sides in the AFL. The number of tackles that Melbourne players were so easily able to avoid or breakout of was ridiculous. They wanted it more and we had just too many passengers to resist.

Best post of the week :clapping
And we have a few that clearly arent up to it, when the pressure is on.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2011, 09:21:14 AM »
Positives- Foley played well, Brett played okay and Vickery continues to play well. Negatives- not clean with ball use, couldn't win it out of the middle, poor decision making - eg kicking out and handballing it to someoune under the pump. Houli, Conca, Batchelor all had really off days. Miller was poor. Missed king. I dont believe you can play Farmer Hislop and Webberley in the same team.  It is either or not all. Farmer and Hislop lack speed and were basically ineffective yesterday. Until we get a good ruckman we will be continue to lose to sides like Melbourne. I think Gourdis played okay. McGuane is a very frustrating player-he does some good things and then undoes it with poor dispoal.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2011, 09:24:59 AM »
we have got some significant injuries fellas and kingy out and we don't have the depth to cover it.  I also want to know what is going on with Morton, he is a good footballer, is he back yet?  As for our almost decent midfield Daniel.... most clubs would trample their stuffing grandmothers to sign them up.  Yesterday we had a malfunctioning backline, and a whole team that looked like they had legs full of molasses.  I don't know why, but they looked absolutely sluggish from the outset.  Two of our kickouts they called for em to bunch up the guts and no bastard even moved or made a lead and it went straight to that ponce with crumpet burns twixt his arse cheeks, Watts.  Riddle me this, why were they so buggered?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2011, 09:25:42 AM »
Gonna stick up for Webbers here, he did alright.
Lots of people name their swords......

tony_montana

« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2011, 10:05:18 AM »

yeah that's what I'm saying, Dimma is the cause of a 30 year embedded loser culture  ::)

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2011, 10:28:55 AM »

yeah that's what I'm saying, Dimma is the cause of a 30 year embedded loser culture  ::)

lol, My bad Tony,I just read the post properly and noticed the part "we HAVE an ingrained loser culture" Sorry mateI completely miss read what you wefre saying.... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[